Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

FTP Leagues

Is anyone intending to organize any FTP "leagues" using Friends lists, like Our League in PT20?

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
Is anyone intending to organize any FTP "leagues" using Friends lists, like Our League in PT20?
This seems like as good a place as any to advertise for the "BFF League". This is a F2P league with the following fundamental rule: Packed gold+ non-live cards can't be sold on the AH, or used in collections*.

It turns out this simple restriction is amazing; you're forced to play with the cards you have, and if you pack anything good you're forced to find a spot for it on your team. It also means that the most successful team won't just be that guy who rips 100 Cy or 100 Cobb; in fact, one BFF team pulled Peak Pedro and they were hardly a top 10 team in the league (out of ~25 players).

This rule basically means a lot of the luck factor in F2P teambuilding is removed. Maybe as a consequence, BFF league in PT20 attracted a lot of really capable managers. Several well-known whales in the community as well as a developer (Matt Arnold) joined the league, and the league operates in a pretty active Discord which means there's a ton of game knowledge floating around. If you were at all involved in tournaments, you're probably very aware of BFF teams dominating many of the formats that are accessible to F2P teams. It's a ton of fun, I don't think I can go back to normal teambuilding or even OL after playing under this excellent ruleset.

If you're interested in joining, send me a PM and I'll give you the invite link to the Discord server where all the action happens.

* = You can use packed gold+ nonlives in collections, but any card you build in collections using a BFF-restricted packed card becomes BFF-restricted. Card rewards from tourneys are treated as packed cards.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 02-26-2020 at 10:27 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

I randomly fell into your league last week. Was wondering what was up with all the teams with -BFF at the end of their team name. The league definitely had a different feel to it than your normal PL. Probably the most balanced league I've fallen into.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

BFF League now has 40 members, but we're always happy to get more! Once again, message me if you'd like to be a part of it. We'll probably finalize any small tweaks to the main part of the ruleset this week.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote