Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #381
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There's no way anyone from the top 10 rounds should be missing, they were all in the db long ago.

Did you start a new save with the latest patch? Any changes won't show up in a save started before the patch.

Yes.
I did a fresh install, started a new game and searched for the players.
When I didn't find them, I jumped out to the start screen to confirm I was on the current build number
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #382
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
Lukas,

I can confirm he is right. Check Ryan Conroy and Kevin Magee from Baltimore. I used the QS-Majors and created 40 rounds with 1400 players created and they don't show up. Some players are in other drafts which I found using the search. I only did BAL then gave up becasue they alone were missing 14 of 40 draft picks. 3 if I read my notes correctly were in other drafts.
So looking at those guys, the problem is what I'd mentioned, that they're just rated too low to get into the set. I do still need to tweak the ratings for a few guys, them included. Some have been done already, some are on the to-do list. I've been concentrating on adding all the missing guys (and as of today everyone taken in the draft is in the OOTP db) but I still need to adjust the ratings for some of the guys who were already in the db from previous years but are rated too low. So that's next on the list.

Your creating more rounds won't make more real guys show up, all that will show up is additional fictional players. The real players the game pulls at the beginning are all you get. It's a limitation of the system Markus uses to keep the draft from getting too bloated unfortunately.

And yes, the guys who it was known weren't/aren't going to sign, you will find quite a few of them in future drafts rather than keeping them in 2018.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-13-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #383
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

I created the 40 rounds because there are 40 rounds in the draft.
Not to create additional players thinking they were real. I know that Markus has a 1200 player limit I believe. All I was doing was confirming that ALL Top 10 Players were NOT showing up and gave you the names and the setup so you could look them up. I don't have a dog in this fight anymore since I had them add the editor to the draft pool. People can edit their own drafts in mass now instead of one by one in past years hopefully removing the 10,000 requests you get after the draft for rosters.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #384
qcbandits
Banned

One of the first guys I am missing is Jonathan Bowlan. He was KC's 2nd round selection
Old 07-14-2018, 12:57 AM   #385
qcbandits
Banned

Thanks Lukas the force update of game data fixed it for me.

Random question now tho
Is there anyway to move just certain players from the new updated database into an old saved game, or will i be forced to either A) redo all the work I've done, or B) manually create all the missing players?
Old 07-14-2018, 06:48 AM   #386
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The bigger question is why the draft pool size needs to be capped at all.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #387
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Out of curiosity, do you look at statcast at all when rating players' speed? I was just looking at the sprint speed leaderboard, it's pretty cool stuff
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #388
Llamaboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for all your hard work on this stuff! I'd like to ask if it is possible to look at the ratings of a few of the Phillies, particularly given their success so far. Looking at them with scounting turned off, here are the ones that stand out to me the most:

Cesar Hernandez could use a bump in speed and eye, as he is consistently one of the faster runners by statcast, and walks a lot (Not to mention top-10 in WAR among 2Bs)

Scott Kingery could probably use a decrease in current ratings, as he has not batted well at all. He also has been playing all over the field, and was doing so in Spring Training as well, so experience at different positions would make him more accurate.

For pitchers: Zach Eflin and Seranthony Dominguez are the two that I believe deserve a boost, Eflin has gained muscle and has gained a few mph on the fastball, boosting his strikeouts significantly.

Thanks for the consideration!
Llamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #389
blazertaz13
Minors (Double A)

I am not sure that this is the right spot, but I will give it a go anyhow. I noticed that the database has Oregon State in Eugene, OR. I can definitely tell you that it is in Corvallis, OR (as I am a graduate). The other university is in Eugene (University of Oregon).
blazertaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #390
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertaz13 View Post
I am not sure that this is the right spot, but I will give it a go anyhow. I noticed that the database has Oregon State in Eugene, OR. I can definitely tell you that it is in Corvallis, OR (as I am a graduate). The other university is in Eugene (University of Oregon).
Yeah, I actually noticed this myself when I was working on some edits to the school db and I fixed it. It should be included in the next patch!

Old 07-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #391
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaboy View Post
Thanks for all your hard work on this stuff! I'd like to ask if it is possible to look at the ratings of a few of the Phillies, particularly given their success so far. Looking at them with scounting turned off, here are the ones that stand out to me the most:

Cesar Hernandez could use a bump in speed and eye, as he is consistently one of the faster runners by statcast, and walks a lot (Not to mention top-10 in WAR among 2Bs)

Scott Kingery could probably use a decrease in current ratings, as he has not batted well at all. He also has been playing all over the field, and was doing so in Spring Training as well, so experience at different positions would make him more accurate.

For pitchers: Zach Eflin and Seranthony Dominguez are the two that I believe deserve a boost, Eflin has gained muscle and has gained a few mph on the fastball, boosting his strikeouts significantly.

Thanks for the consideration!
Thanks!

I made some changes here, but I'm not sure all of them got included in the rosters before we pulled the final data set for the next patch. So you might see some of these changes only when we release the trade deadline/Sept 1st roster update.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #392
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Out of curiosity, do you look at statcast at all when rating players' speed? I was just looking at the sprint speed leaderboard, it's pretty cool stuff
Not really. We can probably do this in the future. The only thing is in OOTP speed is more directly tied to stealing bases, so it's not really a pure "speed" rating as such. So there will definitely be a correlation with statcast data, but it won't be exact. Any tool we can use is helpful though, so I'll definitely check that out.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #393
Yeldarb
Minors (Double A)

Players replaced or on wrong rosters

In the league file that the team owners download to their games, we have players appearing on the wrong team's rosters or players being "replaced" by basically blank players or retired players. Getting complaints from the owners when they load the league file and find their star player is being portrayed by a retired player with no ratings.

My base game files have everyone correct, that I am aware of. The problem seems to be with the league file that everyone downloads into their games.

I purchased my game through Steam.

When we first converted up to OOTP 19, I was having troubles getting the league file generated and the game would not upload it despite all the FTP settings being correct. I had to make it create the file in a different folder and that seemed to do the trick but am wondering if there is something still in there that's making these glitches in the league file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yeldarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #394
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
In the league file that the team owners download to their games, we have players appearing on the wrong team's rosters or players being "replaced" by basically blank players or retired players. Getting complaints from the owners when they load the league file and find their star player is being portrayed by a retired player with no ratings.

My base game files have everyone correct, that I am aware of. The problem seems to be with the league file that everyone downloads into their games.

I purchased my game through Steam.

When we first converted up to OOTP 19, I was having troubles getting the league file generated and the game would not upload it despite all the FTP settings being correct. I had to make it create the file in a different folder and that seemed to do the trick but am wondering if there is something still in there that's making these glitches in the league file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post this issue in this forum so you get more eyes on it:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3937

This thread is for issues with the MLB Quickstart that is included with the game, your issue sounds like something with the download process.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 08-01-2018 at 10:33 AM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #395
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Paul Richan is not in the database at all. (2nd round pick by the Cubs)
Nor is Michael Grove (2nd by Dodgers)
Aaron Shortridige (4th by Pirates)
Ryan Campbell (Reds 5th)
Jayce Easley (5th by Rangers)
William English (5th by Angels)

Last edited by Tieran; 08-25-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:23 AM   #396
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieran View Post
Paul Richan is not in the database at all. (2nd round pick by the Cubs)
Nor is Michael Grove (2nd by Dodgers)
Aaron Shortridige (4th by Pirates)
Ryan Campbell (Reds 5th)
Jayce Easley (5th by Rangers)
William English (5th by Angels)
Everyone from the draft is in the db now. Whether they will show up in game or not is another question. For the guys you're mentioning though, as far as I know they certainly should be showing up. Are you sure you're on the latest patch and are playing in a save that was started new after you downloaded the latest patch?

EDIT: Unfortunately it looks to me like those guys are not showing up for some reason. It seems like the game never really properly updated the draft list with some of the more recent additions. If we were still releasing new roster sets with the patches I'd get Markus to take a look at this, but at this point given that we've moved on with the rosters to prepping for next year, it's probably not worth worrying about. We'll have all the missing guys in the game next year for sure at any rate.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-26-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #397
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

EDIT: Unfortunately it looks to me like those guys are not showing up for some reason. It seems like the game never really properly updated the draft list with some of the more recent additions. If we were still releasing new roster sets with the patches I'd get Markus to take a look at this, but at this point given that we've moved on with the rosters to prepping for next year, it's probably not worth worrying about. We'll have all the missing guys in the game next year for sure at any rate.[/QUOTE]

These Statements just go to show you how much OOTP cares about MLB Rosters. Yes, the Roster Team does a Great job at the Opening Day roster(Spend 7 months on it!), but the lack of Rosters after that is pathetic! Let me interpret how I read this statement.

"Unfortunately it looks to me like those guys are not showing up for some reason." DAH! People have been telling you that for 45 Days!
Your response is "It's in the Database". It's in your Database NOT the Consumers Database. Think of ever checking before releasing?

"It seems like the game never really properly updated the draft list with some of the more recent additions." It shows that you don't even know what shows up and what doesn't! Do you ever look at your work before releasing it? It's called a Quality Control! Try it! These issues would NOT happen!

"If we were still releasing new roster sets with the patches I'd get Markus to take a look at this" I'm too lazy to have Markus look at this!
God forbid you release a "Official Roster Update" with nothing but the Opening Day Lineups!

"but at this point given that we've moved on with the rosters to prepping for next year" He just announce a Roster Update! ( To be fair, It's NOT an Official Update!(Company Slogan) BUT HE IS THE ROSTER GUY FOR OOTP RELEASING IT!

"it's probably not worth worrying about." Again, Laziness. He knows he can get away with this claiming the New Update is "NOT OFFICIAL". He works for the Company so IT IS OFFICIAL!

"We'll have all the missing guys in the game next year for sure at any rate" Shut up I do what I WANT! It will take me 7 months for you to get it! "AT ANY RATE! Pay for OOTP 20!

Most of you will think this is TOO Harsh, but I think OOTP needs to seriously take a look at its self in the mirror and do a better job at Quality Control. They never seem to improve Rosters like they are the Hated Step child.

I have even offered solutions to deaf ear for them to put the "Database" which officially has All the players in it according to Lukas, online in a spreadsheet(In Roster Input format just like the Draft Class is). This way when they create a player it shows up on this spreadsheet and you can add that player to the game. They figure your too stupid to figure out how to add a player and use that Player ID as the new player!

I do have to Thank Matt, I feel he at least tries to improve things when he can.

I don't need to hear from the fan boys because Facts are Facts and I can defend this position with FACTS not BS Fanboy ****! If you don't like the comments MOVE ON!
Old 08-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #398
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

This post reminds me of the "good old days" when the roster sets were all created by people on the board (i.e. CubbyFan, Rolen17...wonder what ever happened to them).....name calling, complaining about ratings, more name calling, the immortal Ross Gload, broken promises.....yeah....good times

So should we look for your name at the top of the volunteer list when they ask for help with the rosters for 20?

Last edited by ohiodevil; 08-26-2018 at 05:42 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #399
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
This post reminds me of the "good old days" when the roster sets were all created by people on the board (i.e. CubbyFan, Rolen17...wonder what ever happened to them).....name calling, complaining about ratings, more name calling, broken promises.....yeah....good times

So should we look for your name at the top of the volunteer list when they ask for help with the rosters for 20?
Don't bother, this sort of thing is not even worth replying to. It's extraordinary detached from the reality of the thousands of hours we spend on rosters getting them more comprehensive than in any game other than Football Manager.

Before I started doing this we used to have like 60 real players in the draft for one year. Now we have thousands over multiple years.

We've never fully updated the rosters with most of the players in the draft until the next version of the game in the past given the hundreds of hours of work that takes. This year a far smaller handful than ever before didn't make it into the game and the draft classes are overall far more comprehensive than they've ever been before, after hundreds of hours of work we don't need to do since full draft classes are not even a promised feature. We only try to get the classes as complete as possible as quickly as possible out of love of the game and appreciation for the folks who play it, and this is the sort of appreciation we get in return. Lovely

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-26-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #400
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
This post reminds me of the "good old days" when the roster sets were all created by people on the board (i.e. CubbyFan, Rolen17...wonder what ever happened to them).....name calling, complaining about ratings, more name calling, the immortal Ross Gload, broken promises.....yeah....good times

Yes, CubbyFan Rosters were Great! The problem is the Rosters were taken away from us and now you have to rely on THE Roster Team. There is a Catch 22 when you make the CSV's not able to create your own rosters. You don't get anymore CubbyFans!

I have volunteered before but was not accepted. Your Loss. I moved on and created my own database since then. Since I spend Thousands of hours on my own Database each year and go over things like stats, transactions and signing dates for every active player, you would think I would be a Great Choice. Since I can tell you almost 9% of Baseball References stats are BS. Or helped add all the signing dates to all the minor leaguers on MiLB.com last month. Or spent this month adding all the players not on MiLB rosters to the site.(They are behind) Or how about contacting all 30 teams Media Relations Execs and having them update the DSL Rosters including Uniforms.(They are Behind and some stragglers) I've been busy preparing for 2019 season the last 2 months. THINK How much has your whole team accomplished in those last 2 months? The problem is I set the Benchmark and don't accept lesser Standards. Can you really tell me it's that hard to create Updated Rosters and make sure the guys who were noted missing the month before actually make it on the next roster update? Didn't happen! JWisenburg's site is updated and can give you all the current players and future signings.( I suspect you already know this, a plug for his site) As I said before the Roster Team gets an A+ in the offseason, but in season when you ask people to play a current season with the rosters from April and several hundred missing draft choices it's NOT the Standard I would accept. Why do you? If you want to talk more, please PM me and I will take everything up with you!