Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Best way to have real MLB with fictional players?

Hi. I have done this a few times back in the day of OOTP 6.5 but not lately. I want an MLB league with all real teams and feeders but with completely fictional players.

I started a 2018 MLB game, dumped all the players to FA, deleted the FA then generated fictional players and ran the AI manager. Problem is I keep getting problems with this rookie league or that rookie league not having legal amounts of players. I'm guessing players are being called up and no one replaces them.

How can I do this so it will motor along in sim mode?
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

You can ask the game to fill incomplete rosters. In the early seasons of what are two long running Fict MLB leagues I did this a few times.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I would also turn on "allow incomplete minor league rosters". aka Ghost players.
This will allow you to control the process a little more. Then you can fill teams 2x per season until the FA pool is big enough.
I have filled all of the AAA teams, dumped them in the FA pool and then refilled AAA teams. This gave the AI some players to sign to cover injuries.
You can also have extra large roster sizes at the low minors, fill the leagues then lower the roster limits.
Good luck,
Tom (LP)
Old 08-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Agree with most of this. To me the process is this:

1. Start MLB game
2. Release all players to FA
3. Delete all players

(I would stop and generate a backup here)

4. Use the option to fill all teams with fictional players
5. Go to FA and see how many FAs exist. Consider generating a bunch of low level fictional FAs to ensure there are plenty of players.
6. Consider increasing the value of “generate players for X rounds of draft” so that for a few years you get extra FAs after the draft. Up to you though.

Definitely another separate backup before you start playing too.

What I would really consider too is making a copy of the league and letting it sim overnight or something and then looking at it. Does everything look ok? Are numbers good? Are there enough FAs? Just as a sanity check. Then throw that league away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

OOTP comes with the option to do this very thing as part of the fictional league creation wizard. No need to release real players and delete them, nor do you have to create fictional players.

I'm at work, so I'm doing this from memory. Select create fictional league from the 3 options(historical, custom and fictional). On the very first screen after your selection, the one in which you set your league structure, look to the right....maybe a little left of center. You will see a list of leagues. The very first one will be Major League Baseball. Under that you will see Japanese, Cuban, Korean, Mexican etc. If you select the option for Major League Baseball, you will get the exact structure, including minors that the quickstart offers, but the game will use 100% fictional players. Your game will start with a inaugural draft.

Last edited by David Watts; 08-22-2018 at 12:38 PM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
OOTP comes with the option to do this very thing as part of the fictional league creation wizard. No need to release real players and delete them, nor do you have to create fictional players.

I'm at work, so I'm doing this from memory. Select create fictional league from the 3 options(historical, custom and fictional). On the very first screen after your selection, the one in which you set your league structure, look to the right....maybe a little left of center. You will see a list of leagues. The very first one will be Major League Baseball. Under that you will see Japanese, Cuban, Korean, Mexican etc. If you select the option for Major League Baseball, you will get the exact structure, including minors that the quickstart offers, but the game will use 100% fictional players. Your game will start with a inaugural draft.
Ohhhhhhhhhh!