Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

View Poll Results: What should I do with the players history
erase it all 9 69.23%
keep them all 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Chief Wahoo
Major Leagues

help me set up my historical replay please

So I am going to do a league where all player movement is bloacked. There will be no trades, no free agents, no getting cut and signing with another team. I want to see how the Red Sox would do if they never traded Ruth, I wanna see what the Cubs would have done if they kept Brock, and I wanna see what would have happened with the Expos if they could afford to keep all their great players they had come up. I have one area where i am having issues making a decision though, I am starting the league in 1901anf cant decide what to do with the players history before 1901. I could let it stand but then would show early players on more than one team, or i could erase their history but then loose the counting stats of those players which would greatly alter the all time leader boards. So what do you think I should do?
Old 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

Be careful about no trades! In some of my historical replays, teams ran out of players because their farm system was so weak in real life. If no free agents, then trades are likely to be essential.
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
Chief Wahoo
Major Leagues

ive run a couple test leagues and havent seen this as an issue. did you have the players retire when they did in real life? or miss seasons according to when they did in real life? i didnt have them do this in the test leagus and maybe thats why i didnt have an issue?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
ive run a couple test leagues and havent seen this as an issue. did you have the players retire when they did in real life? or miss seasons according to when they did in real life? i didnt have them do this in the test leagus and maybe thats why i didnt have an issue?
Yes, retire as in real life, but no missed seasons. Sorry I can't remember which team/teams it was since I've run so many historical leagues, though I usually replay from 1985 to present. Because of this issue, I keep my reserve rosters to a max of 15 so there's at least a few free agents around.
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I can understand running out of leagues before 1901 but after 1901 ootp is just duplicating what happened in real life. Unless maybe your injuries are out of whack you should have enough players.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

I would struggle with this. Lou Brock's statistics will be a reflection of his skill, and that of the players around him.

If there is no legitimate #3 or 4 hitter, and you don't allow the Cubs to trade for one, then he's going to get 80 runs scored for the year.
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Chief Wahoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
I would struggle with this. Lou Brock's statistics will be a reflection of his skill, and that of the players around him.

If there is no legitimate #3 or 4 hitter, and you don't allow the Cubs to trade for one, then he's going to get 80 runs scored for the year.
This is true, but the opposite would be true as well. Think of what some of the Expos teams would be able to do without losing their stars due to payroll limitations.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post

Isn't this the point? Some guys are going to be far better thanks to being able to stay on a stacked team, while others are going to be far worse because they can't get away from a bad one.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Isn't this the point? Some guys are going to be far better thanks to being able to stay on a stacked team, while others are going to be far worse because they can't get away from a bad one.
Hmm, the opposite for me. Too many players get trapped on stacked teams and never get a chance. All those catchers --Sherm Lollar, Gus Triandos, Clint Courtney, etc.--who played a ton in the 1950's never get out of Yogi's shadow.

It is an interesting alternate history way to play, but it seemed to me that more good players never came off the bench and on the scene than ordinary guys getting a chance and breaking out to stardom.

However, every one should try this type of league once, at least.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
Hmm, the opposite for me. Too many players get trapped on stacked teams and never get a chance. All those catchers --Sherm Lollar, Gus Triandos, Clint Courtney, etc.--who played a ton in the 1950's never get out of Yogi's shadow.

It is an interesting alternate history way to play, but it seemed to me that more good players never came off the bench and on the scene than ordinary guys getting a chance and breaking out to stardom.

However, every one should try this type of league once, at least.
I couldn't do it

Part of the nice intrusions I can make as a commish is see that a team has 2 good 1B and put them both on the trading block, see who goes and what they get for him

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
PeterCooth
Bat Boy

help me set up my historical replay please

I dont understand all the technical set up for it all I get is a big orange like train front in a square and the route in the background
PeterCooth is offline   Reply With Quote