Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
zeno0529
Bat Boy

Why MLB Manager 2017 not support IOS9?

Waited for a year and just IOS10 supported?Can anyone explain it?
zeno0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno0529 View Post
I wish I had an answer for you. Sebastian said, in another thread, that MLB Manager 17 only supports Retina Displays, and this is the only way Apple lets them do it. I see lots of apps that restrict models (specific iphones/iPads), not iOS versions. So who knows. Maybe Sebastian can chime in, with some more info.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As I already wrote: we only support Retina devices and need to make sure that the App runs smooth. There is no other way to handle it, sorry.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

This is generally the reason I no longer really support Apple,or the IOS Store,because they constantly cut IOS support for devices then force devlopers to support only the new IOS,with Android you really do not see this come up very much at all. Plus it's a lot more user friendly,you don't have to constantly sign in every time you want to buy a app,and theres a lot more variety in terms of device selection,I would say your best option is to switch to Android,more and more apps and games have found their way on to the Android platform so it's well worth it.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
This is generally the reason I no longer really support Apple,or the IOS Store,because they constantly cut IOS support for devices then force devlopers to support only the new IOS,with Android you really do not see this come up very much at all. Plus it's a lot more user friendly,you don't have to constantly sign in every time you want to buy a app,and theres a lot more variety in terms of device selection,I would say your best option is to switch to Android,more and more apps and games have found their way on to the Android platform so it's well worth it.
This has nothing to do with Apple. It has to do with devices not being able to handle the game due to age. Not because of an OS. That said, Use android if you like it.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB75 View Post
This has nothing to do with Apple. It has to do with devices not being able to handle the game due to age. Not because of an OS. That said, Use android if you like it.
Thats another thing about Android that makes it far superior,I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and not only is it older by a few years,I'm still able to get the latest Android 6 on it,and All the apps Avaliable,its not a matter of using it just cause I like it,I'm using it also cause it is far superior to Apples IOS and will always be.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 AM   #7
zeno0529
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
As I already wrote: we only support Retina devices and need to make sure that the App runs smooth. There is no other way to handle it, sorry.
Okay,I still purchased this game to support you.Thank you anyway.
zeno0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno0529 View Post
This was surprising. MLBM 2016 runs on IOS 8.1 or higher, MLBM 2017 runs on IOS 10.0 or higher. That is quite a jump considering many IPAD devices cannot run on IOS 10.0 or higher.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote