Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #1
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unable to play a new game after new build

After the new build I have attempted to start at least a dozen new games. Neither Sandbox or Path to Glory will go beyond day 1. If I select my job rather than start unemployed it will not even open day 1.

I hope this helps.

BTW. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game without success.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace.txt (6.0 KB, 23 views)
Jubal Early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:33 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

What exactly happens when you try to go beyond the start day - you hit finish day, and it just freezes, or is there a crash?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There is a to the crash to desktop. I'm told the program had an error and must close.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Nothing wrong in the trace file.

So it worked before the update but since then not? If yes, before you used the eSellerate version and now the Steam version?
Old 11-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That is correct. I was not having the crashing issue before the updated. I have the steam version and the steam version is the only version I have ever had.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was looking at other threads. Could the resolution be the issue. I noticed that the resolution appeared different after the updated. Here is the resolution from my Trace File.

2016-11-03 01:04:54 Resolution from Settings: 1600 * 1200

2016-11-03 01:04:54 Screen Size: 1600 Width, 900 Height; Available Screen Size: 1600 Width, 860 Height, Screen-Size w/o Border: 1584 Width, 821 Height, DPR: 1

2016-11-03 01:04:54 Windowed Mode - Width: 1584, Height: 821, User-Width: 1584, User-Height: 821

Last edited by Jubal Early; 11-03-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal Early View Post
That is correct. I was not having the crashing issue before the updated. I have the steam version and the steam version is the only version I have ever had.
We did not release any update for the Steam version so far, so I don´t understand what you mean with "I was not having the crashing issue before the updated". Can you explain?

Nothing wrong with the trace file, that looks ok.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You will have to forgive me. I read the forums trying to resolve the issue and saw a number of people refer to a new build. I assumed it was released on steam. It clearly has not been. I uninstalled and reinstalled and noticed a few changes in the resolution and assumed that it was from an update.

I'm sorry if I have made you guys jump through a bunch hoops on this. The issue is real though. I cannot advance past day 1 in any new game in sandbox or Path of Glory.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Ok, now you lost me.

So you have the steam version, right? And it never worked for you so far?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #10
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have steam version. It worked fine for a while. I played a whole season as the coach of the Cleveland Monsters. I decided to start a new game. I have been unsuccessful starting a new game. I don't know what the catalyst was that started causing problems.

I deleted the old save at Cleveland and uninstalled the game. I reinstalled and have so far been unsuccessful at taking a new game beyond the day that I accept a new job.

PS> Those short sentences come across very snarky. I don't mean them too. I appreciate you guys taking the time to look into this.

Last edited by Jubal Early; 11-03-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal Early View Post
I have steam version. It worked fine for a while. I played a whole season as the coach of the Cleveland Monsters. I decided to start a new game. I have been unsuccessful starting a new game. I don't know what the catalyst was that started causing problems.

I deleted the old save at Cleveland and uninstalled the game. I reinstalled and have so far been unsuccessful at taking a new game beyond the day that I accept a new job.

PS> Those short sentences come across very snarky. I don't mean them too. I appreciate you guys taking the time to look into this.
They don't come across as snarky here!

We want to get the game working well for you, and everyone, and it's much appreciated that you're willing to take the time to let us know in such detail the issues you're dealing with.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:41 PM   #12
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok so I set up a new game. I tracked each thing I did. This is the Trace file. Ill attach screen shots below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace.txt (6.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #13
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

These are the shots of how I set up the game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #14
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I made an offer to one player. And selected Continue and the game crashed. This is consistent with my other attempts to set up a game
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #15
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last thing. I have saved a game. (With a different team) and if I select continue the game will definitely crash for me. I can't figure out how to attach the save file. I am happy to get it to you if you can tell me how to send it.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #16
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I attempted to start a Path to Glory by selecting a job. I picked the Tampa Bay Lightening. The game cannot fully load to open. It locks up simming to the start date. The errors I am getting all seem to revolve around advancing the date.

Thanks again for looking.
Attached Images
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #17
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

http://www.filedropper.com/pathtoglorylg

Ok OOTP Team,

I have uninstalled all of my saves, deleted the local content, and reinstalled the game after the patch that dropped today. I was able to play up until the first regular season game. I am unable to advance to the next day on this save. The trace file is also from this save.

I am still unable to pick my own team in PtG mode. Once it starts advancing the date the game shuts down before I am able to get the to the opening screen.

Finally. I am able to play in Sandbox mode. So far no issues there. Please take a look, I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide for you guys.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace.txt (6.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As you see below I was able to continue your save (hope I got the right screenshot) without any crashes.

Would you be willing to help us by switching to a beta branch on Steam and run a few test with special debug info I put into the game?
Attached Images
Old 11-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #19
Jubal Early
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes. It looks like I need a code to sign up. Just let me know what you need.

Last edited by Jubal Early; 11-05-2016 at 09:26 AM.