Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
jldante56
Major Leagues

Please Check Your Lineup

I keep getting this message, but see nothing wrong with my lineup. All spots are filled and no one is hurt. . .if I have the AI setup the organization, this goes away. . .but I still don't know why it doesn't work without doing that.
Attached Images
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The offensive tactic roles look like they're not set. Where it says "Select Role", click on that and you'll be able to choose them. I think we need that error message to be a little clearer.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #3
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think if we I select the assistant to handle lineups then there should be no need for such a message to popup. Am I correct? It looks like this function isn't working properly. I have my assistant handle the lineups but am still required to *check my lineup* after injuries.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:23 AM   #4
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The offensive tactic roles look like they're not set. Where it says "Select Role", click on that and you'll be able to choose them. I think we need that error message to be a little clearer.
Would love to see that added where the message clearly tells the person what the specific issue is since so many possibilities.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I agree that we need better explaining popups (we will try to sneak that in before official release) but in your case (I guess you changed your offense tactic) all your offense roles are not set.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
jldante56
Major Leagues

Thank you. Looks like when you manually update lines at all the roles need to be selected too.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Thank you. Looks like when you manually update lines at all the roles need to be selected too.
If you change the tactic, all roles will be erased (they have to).
Old 10-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
I think if we I select the assistant to handle lineups then there should be no need for such a message to popup. Am I correct? It looks like this function isn't working properly. I have my assistant handle the lineups but am still required to *check my lineup* after injuries.
Can anyone confirm whether the above is correct or not? I am a bit confused regarding this. Please and thank you.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #9
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Can anyone confirm whether the above is correct or not? I am a bit confused regarding this. Please and thank you.
It was the change in tactics as was detailed earlier. . .I was changing the tactics and not updating roles.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
It was the change in tactics as was detailed earlier. . .I was changing the tactics and not updating roles.

My question still remains..if I have the settings so that my assistants handle all lineup issues, then why is it I am getting popups to check my lineups? Shouldn't the assistants handle that automatically therefore no popups to check my lineups?
Old 10-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #11
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
My question still remains..if I have the settings so that my assistants handle all lineup issues, then why is it I am getting popups to check my lineups? Shouldn't the assistants handle that automatically therefore no popups to check my lineups?
Could it possibly be you don't have enough players for the roster or not enough players in all the positions required? That would require the role of the GM to help ensure that.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #12
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
Could it possibly be you don't have enough players for the roster or not enough players in all the positions required? That would require the role of the GM to help ensure that.
My roster seems fine. Also, I have the assistant handle the signing and releasing of players. This issue is most often related to farm team rosters which I am not currently controlling. It seems something this setting isn't working as it should. Unless there is something I am missing.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:40 AM   #13
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
My roster seems fine. Also, I have the assistant handle the signing and releasing of players. This issue is most often related to farm team rosters which I am not currently controlling. It seems something this setting isn't working as it should. Unless there is something I am missing.
Can you please look up the version on your start screen and post it?
Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #14
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

One place I see this is if I'm controlling my AHL team, and they don't have a good lineup. The issue is that I'm in the NHL team screen, trying to advance, and I get the message, and I look at my NHL team and it's all set to go. It was by accident that I found the message concerned my AHL team.

Would it be possible, that when the error is thrown, that the screen move to your AHL team's roster (or strategy or whatever... just move to the team with the issue)
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #15
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
One place I see this is if I'm controlling my AHL team, and they don't have a good lineup. The issue is that I'm in the NHL team screen, trying to advance, and I get the message, and I look at my NHL team and it's all set to go. It was by accident that I found the message concerned my AHL team.

Would it be possible, that when the error is thrown, that the screen move to your AHL team's roster (or strategy or whatever... just move to the team with the issue)
We will make messages a bit more clear in the future but we don´t want to take any risks a day before the official release to break anything. But we will look into it for one of the first updates after release!
Old 10-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #16
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can you please look up the version on your start screen and post it?

Version 3.0.56 which is the latest one.