Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #41
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

I'd just love to see FM level graphics and more interaction between GM and Manager.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #42
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Historical minors. International leagues and tournaments. Negro Leaguers included in historical leagues. No crashes. Player deaths, or at least retired player deaths, as an option. More real-life 1800s rosters. More, and more historically accurate, storyline options. More personality types, and/or variants on the ones already in the game. Lots of room for mods, including third jerseys. NO 3D whatsoever, as it just takes up memory space and I don't use it anyway.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #43
Mntwins
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Dreaming? I'd like the game announced like I was listening to it on the radio. A push the start button and sit down sim .. where the whole game plays out.. I sit on the deck and listen to real Yankee games. How cool would it be to be able to listen to a team I built on the radio? Really cool.
That would be really cool!
Mntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #44
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
Historical minors. Negro Leaguers included in historical leagues. retired player deaths, as an option. More historically accurate, storyline options. Lots of room for mods. NO 3D whatsoever, as it just takes up memory space and I don't use it anyway.

what he said (yeah, i edited his quote) ... maybe not for everyone, but it's good with me.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:55 AM   #45
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Historical NCAA feeder league.

Historical Players don't import into the MLB draft, they import into college or high school feeder leagues.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:57 AM   #46
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Almanac to morph into baseball reference.
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:17 AM   #47
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektranaut View Post
Almanac to morph into baseball reference.
YES! Mostly I just want their jersey numbers history

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #48
Hkim
Minors (Single A)

I like a lot of what everyone has said already!

I wouldn't mind seeing an easier way of putting together "dream team" match-ups for a 7-game series.

Sure, you can currently match up teams of different years against each other, but what if you want to mix and match? Like put together a series with the 5 best NL pitchers ever vs. the 5 best AL pitchers ever (within reason)? I could probably do it through a few tedious imports and database combing, but it might be easier to just have a system that can pull 1892 Cy Young's info and add him to your team.

Or maybe that's a crazy idea. I don't know.
Hkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #49
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Dream OOTP is Focus on ON-Line Leagues

My dream OOTP would enhance all on- league play leagues to utilize head to head play and develop a centralized server for online leagues to streamline uploading and downloading of league files for a reasonable fee.
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #50
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

A small change I would like to see is being able to use "Shop Player Around" more than 3 times daily during the Winter Meetings.

Last edited by wsenkow; 07-14-2016 at 05:52 PM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #51
edm
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I never saw it, but Earl Weaver Baseball reportedly had fine graphics and commentary in the 90s... I had a copy of Front Office Baseball and it also had pretty good player animation... this was in the early 2000s... but it wouldn't work on my new computer and didn't have a career mode... don't think Earl Weaver had career mode either.
I've recently playing Earl Weaver II again and I forgot how well it actually plays, it still hold up today. I know some people would scoff at the graphics, but if ootp had EWBII as it's gameplay engine I'd be one happy camper.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #52
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I'd be happy with something like this, where you could move the defensive positioning around by dragging and dropping.
Attached Images
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #53
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Fix legacy bugs. Minimize crashes. Improve 3D. Update game manual. Unique storylines and recaps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #54
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

My dream OOTP? 6.51a. Some will understand.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #55
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

A third conference.

Revamped schedule editor(with neutral site game capacity)

Ability to schedule reg. season games against other leagues(you can do this now but all the stats show up in the home team's league)

Ability to move more than one player at a time(free agents or trades)

Last edited by Orioles1966; 08-26-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #56
Caporegime
All Star Starter

1.) My ultimate dream version of OOTP would be the fusion of OOTP's depth and customizability with MLB: The Show's graphics and gameplay. Just imagine being able to play RTTS in any decade or era in baseball history. Both the fun factor and replayability would be off the charts.

2.) The inclusion of the WBC or some sort of in-game tournament or exhibition creator that would allow us to create similar events.

3.) NCAA mode. This is more if a byproduct of my missing the NCAA Football & basketball franchises that EA used to produce. That said, I think OOTP's current game engine could be used to produce a college baseball game that would put the aforementioned EA franchises to shame.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #57
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)

My dream OOTP would include a realistic stadium builder, decade separated stats, grand slam stats, and myself (former radio sports guy) as the voice of OOTP!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #58
Hkim
Minors (Single A)

Hey, you know what? They got that VR stuff going now in the industry.

Someday, I want to be able to put on a headset and watch an OOTP game just as if I were sitting in the stands. Wouldn't be as hard to implement as other games and the nausea problem wouldn't apply since you aren't moving.
Hkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #59
Blackened30
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For me, I'd say adding more roleplaying elements is always a good thing. We have storylines and owner goals and such, which are really good steps toward making the league feel real, in my opinion. I'd like to see more interaction with coaches, managers, and owners, and also with players.

My other big wish would be a full suite of easy to use builders and random generators in the game to help make fictional league customization go smoother. Things like a stadium builder that creates both 2d and 3d stadium files, logo builder, cap and jersey builders, etc. Many of those things can be found outside the game, but having integrated versions that are simple to use would be good.
Blackened30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #60
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i would revamp fictional creation of players... the distribution is too uniform... it results in really flat league-wide outcomes year-to-year...

i think this is also why, to some extent, you don't see as many crazy-high numbers for various stats. the stats get distributed too thinly among the top-end talented players. you may get that 100/100contact 100/100 power guy and they can't hit higher than .350 in any given year. if there weren't soo many highly rated players, they'd get a greater share of the stats --

yes, that is exactly how the game works. just look into how LTM/LT work and it's clear as day. auto-calc assessed the league and adjusts likelihood of HR/hits/2b so that your league is near the Totals on that screen.

so, if you want those numbers to be the base from which volatility ebbs and flows around, you are stuck with the "Max" numbers you see from 100/100 contact players in perpetuity. you could bump the totals, but that's a rising tide that will lift all other batting averages too... which will cause all sorts of problems if you want to maintain a "modern mlb environment."

so in essenece: choose a process that results in distribution of ratings in which the very highly rated players can perform a bit better than they currently do. i don't think a sorted power rating should look like this:

that's unnatural, i think... maybe not... how it criss-crosses with other ratings reduces alot of the concerns i have, but it still seems to be there in league-wide year-to-year flatness in results. i shouldn't have to adjust LTM to create volatility. (excludes somethign like evolution changing things due to somethien fictionally tangible)

on an individual basis, i think the volatility year-to-year looks okay - if the numbers say otherwise, i'd easily change my mind on this. volatility is normal... i don't want to lose that, either. e.g. mike trout may hit .330 one year and .278 the next... whatever is within the norm by comparison to RL is cool.

Also, i wish they would be a bit more sophisticated about how many round are necessary to keep a league full and not cause a steady incline or decline of stats in perpetuity. up and down is fine... but when it's only one direction until it hits an equillibrium that's not how it should work.

e.g. too many players created wil cause a rise in statistics until it meets teh new equillibrium of league talent (realtive to "normal").

also, if you create too many your stats get even more flat than they were before....

not making enough new players? -- the opposite of above occurs.

once you hit an equillibrium, auto-calc does re-center your stats.... if you think this contradicts what i said at the start of this post, you aren't following at all. i do want this sort of change to occur on its own (an up/down chance of league stats averages), but in this case it's not by chance it's predictible and due to "bad" settings and self-inflicted in some respects. it's only going one way and not by accident.. but we can only work with what is given to us and without any information picking number of rounds for an Ama draft is like picking number out of a hat... good luck wit hthat.

instead of adding new stuff, they need to make the old stuff work better... then with a better foundation, add newer things... it's a hell of a lot easier to callibrate each year that way. change the base with 10 things on top of it is a lot easier than if 20 things are on top of it. the amount of work to fix it contineus to multiply each layer added. i see this with smaller operations and Emu Servers of various games in the past... they move on to the next idea before the finish the first one in a competent manner. it's more about what they enjoy doing rather than the finished product (more so with the emu developers).

Last edited by NoOne; 08-26-2016 at 04:15 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote