Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
swoboda
All Star Starter

Time for Preseason Pix

pitchers and catchers are reporting, time for preseason picks.
so here you go the final 4 in Major League Baseball will be the Washington Nats, the New York Mets, the Seattle Mariners, and Chicago White Sox. you can bet the house on that. World Series match up Washington vs Seattle. world champion Washington.
okay Jump in fellas what do you say ??

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Justin Smoak will suddenly start performing like he was meant to, with better mentoring from Blue Jays vets. Mariners will miss playoffs again by 1 game due to anemic offense from 1B position....

But we're used to it as Mariners fans.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
swoboda
All Star Starter

Let's give this thread another try :

My Preseason Pix for the final 4:

Seattle M's, Chisox, Mets, and the Nats.. WS is Nats v M's and the Nats win

If no one disagrees, I am going to bet every cent I have on this outcome

Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #4
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Let's give this thread another try :

My Preseason Pix for the final 4:

Seattle M's, Chisox, Mets, and the Nats.. WS is Nats v M's and the Nats win

If no one disagrees, I am going to bet every cent I have on this outcome

Sounds like you were listening to the media and focusing on the free agent signings and trades of the off season a lot. (Which is what they do). But you gotta dig deeper and accept not all the players will do as expected based on the last 3 years performance.... Nats do look pretty tough though.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:54 AM   #5
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

NLCS: WAS vs. NYM? Mets gotta be wishful thinking. (seriously bad pun alert)

I hardly followed the AL this winter, so I have no clue about this one.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:00 AM   #6
swoboda
All Star Starter

Nats were already almost there last season. I think a quick hook on Zimmerman vs the Giants kept them from going to the series last yr. I see Harper having a huge season this year and their rotation looks tough to win against in any regular season series.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:04 AM   #7
swoboda
All Star Starter

Mets have one of the best rotations in the NL, Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, hitting has got to be better than last yr. But yes I always pick them for my final 4 for emotional reasons.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 AM   #8
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Mets have one of the best rotations in the NL, Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, hitting has got to be better than last yr. But yes I always pick them for my final 4 for emotional reasons.
Yeah, mets seemed a weird choice and now it makes sense. But the rest seem like media choices. Sure, the NL looks pretty thin after the Nationals, but what about the Pirates, Dodgers, Padres, Giants, Cardinals and Reds? Brewers and Cubs seem like the sleeper picks... but wouldn't have guessed Mets for that role.