Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #61
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
I see can see some of the points you make, but at the end of the day it comes down to this: You don't like fighting and want it removed. However, I think it is pretty hard to introduce such a radical change in an environment that is accustomed to fighting. It's been part of hockey culture for over 100 years and it is what sets hockey apart from any other sport in the world. You shouldn't (and can't) mess with this.

As for those tough guys in the pro-fighting group: Oh my...
Let me clarify my position - I don't mind spontaneous fights, fights that arise out of game action. As stated, those happen in every sport, and as a former football/hockey player, I've been involved in a few of them back in the day. Staged fights, fighting as your only "job" as a hockey player, and stuff like the Sabres/Leafs brawl aren't hockey - that's players who know they can get out of control, getting out of control. Also, headhunting some guy just because he gets a good check in on a teammate is ridiculous. Check him back... score a goal... play HOCKEY against him. Checking is definitely part of the game, and a big appeal.

But that's the fight culture I'm talking about. Two guys banging in the corner getting heated - I understand that. It shouldn't be the "norm" but these are grown men, great athletes, and competitive juices get flowing. Fights arising out of passion are a whole different animal than some the other things we see going on in the NHL. But I don't want to ban fighting as a whole
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #62
John Madden
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob316 View Post
It is interesting isn't it ? call me old fashioned but your the type of clown I'd love to hit in the chin rather then listen to your two bit debate on whatever point your trying to get to. As for your big nose directing itself straight up the developers poopie, I'm sure they were born with a spine so rather some intellitec preacher doing the bidding for them I'm sure they can handle themselves cupcake.
Wow, what a waste of resources keeping people like this breathing and breeding.
John Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Agree john. The world is the way it is when people like that populate it.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #64
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Things are pretty good now with the new patch. ok All the fighters are not playing but they are fighting! I just played game against Chicago and Bollig fight twice with Orr and one time with McLaren :-) And guys like Boll, McGrattan, Bollig, Toronto guys, Rosehill, Rinaldo etc are fighting. I havent tested the historymode yet. It could be wild i hope!
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Orr had 9 fights in my first season...but only 100 or so PIM. The PIM numbers aren't high enough but fights are in.

I don't know what the huge concern was getting fighting in before other features...in or not, it doesn't actual effect anything besides the PIM.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #66
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'm liking the fact the enforcers are fighting but I'm thinking they need more misconducts to up they're penalty minute totals. It's a very great start to see players playing physical though =)

More Misconducts needed!!!!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #67
dmytron

As long as you'll be able to turn fighting completely off, it'll be OK for both of you (pro- and contra- fighting).

As for me, I have thought about being interested in hockey but have dismissed that idea because of hockey's integration with violence.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #68
Lessard
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I'm liking the fact the enforcers are fighting but I'm thinking they need more misconducts to up they're penalty minute totals. It's a very great start to see players playing physical though =)

More Misconducts needed!!!!
And not only misconducts. There is no scrums, no brawls, no double minors, no instigator penalties or game misconducts. So lots of stuff still missing. There is no even suspensions. But i hope that all of this is still to come...
Lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #69
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Hiya hello there and howdy hoe FHM heads!

Is anyone else having any luck with they're enforcers in the game ? I'm noticing and seeing the scraps up on players like Kyle Clifford and Steve Downie and others that play a gritty game but others that are labelled as Enforcers or Goons who are Jared Boll, Colton Orr, George Parros, Patrick Bordeleau, Cody McLeod, Anthony Peluso, Shawn Thornton, Matt "Assassin" Kassian, Brian McGrattan, Zenon Konopka, and many more I've missed (Sorry!) they seem to be banished to the farm and when I add them into the NHL they seem to only fight here and there.

Would giving them more misconducts and instigators help in this regards ? I mean how many fights does one player average per year ? If a player fights say 25 times and has say 125 worth of fighting majors and add the misconducts and instigators you could easy round that out to say 255-280 or so am I right ? lol.

I'm just one of those people who would like to see the tough dudes fight more but not to the extent they are fighting 40 times a year unrealistically to accumilate the penalty minutes. I am seeing the difference though since before but seem to be getting there. The Enforcer (Goon) players needs more seasoning and I think the misconducts and instigators might help out in some extent.

Mabey adding a slider on the menu for people who want more fights! and obviously the ability to turn it down for people who don't want a bush league for an NHL lol!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #70
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Hi

Just wanted to point out the "progress" in fights after the new beta patch ...
Four games in in the season (only) and already involved in 6 fights ... I haven't any stats about that aspect of the game, but previously that wouldn't have happened .....

I play with the Canadiens (yes they can be bad too ^^) Parros 2 fights, Gallagher 2 fights, Emelin one fight and Carcillo (yeah i did trade away Prust for him as i believe Carcillo will score more goals) one fight ... And 5 out of 6 were victorious ^^

Here comes the new Habs ^^
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #71
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

7 games played only one fight!!! I have Boll, Fraser and Devane as fighters. AHL 2 games played and no fights at all. Did you tweak your fighters? And if you did how did you tweak them! My fighters are 18-24 aggression 1 temperement and 15-20 in fighting. What are your stats. My penalty per game is set at 18 a game. Can one post your results and tweaks. I am still not getting many fights.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #72
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Well, donno what to think

Started a new game still with the Habs, and after 10 games only Five fights ... And only one with Parros involved ..
I don't know the answer, it must have to do with ice time and in witch line they are playing, Parros for instance plays in fourth line with ice time of 6 alongside Moen and White. . .
Look at your strategy also and how aggressive you have them play.
Last game i had my assistant deciding the strategy, this time i'm handling it and maybe that is a reason why they don't fight that much, although i have them on agressive and active forchecking

Well i'll have to watch this further
Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #73
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah I tweaked my tactics also and put them to play agressive and still no fighting. I give my fourth 8 min a game and Boll who should be one top pim getters has on 2 pim in 7 games. Can someone else post their results. Very frustrating.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #74
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
Yeah I tweaked my tactics also and put them to play agressive and still no fighting. I give my fourth 8 min a game and Boll who should be one top pim getters has on 2 pim in 7 games. Can someone else post their results. Very frustrating.
Well just looked in my game, Boll is leading fights (6 all won ^^) and leading PIM 36 for 11 games played .. But he is playing third line with 14 min ice time !!!
What's strange is that he is playing passive forcheck and normal aggressiveness ... doh ! BTW isn't it odd that you can see other teams strategy ?

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-06-2013 at 12:52 PM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #75
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Well that depens what roster other team is playing. In real life if you have Boll, Parros and you play againts Detroit there will not be any fights. I have put fighters in other teams so there are fights. Its not 100% correct but its much better than last patch.

There should be more fights if teams play their tough guys. Thats a problem. And of course more misconducts and instigator penalties should be in the game.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #76
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I think this area of the game needs a wee bit more work. I cannot for the life of me figure this system out lol. I love to dress a few players that can fight but it seems they are not doing what they should be and when they do it's very sporatic =P

After one season of playing and rebuilding the Calgary Flames, Big Brian McGrattan (6 fights) and his other linemate Tim Jackman (2) were very quiet all year.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #77
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Alright my brotheren, I decided to try something new. I decided to take a handful of guys and boost the aggressivness meters up around the 25 mark. I also increased the strength and fighting stat as well, decreased the temperment of them so they are unstable and turn hulk when things get rough out there lol. But with the way the system currently views them, they keep being sent down to the farm teams.

To combat this I had to make them a better player to fool the computer into thinking they are better than they actually are. I re-rated they're checking, hitting, stamina and of course some of the movement stats particulary speed, balance, agility to around the 10 mark.

The overall re-rates kept them in the lineup more as the ability score was around the 6.5-7.0 mark eliminating the risk of them being sent packing every other week throughout the season. Now although they were now staying on the lines more often than usual they still didn't fight as much as they should be. There were some increases as they did combine for a little more icetime but in the overall thick of things I do believe this has to happen.

- More misconducts and instigator penalties shelled out for the goons
- The fighters need more help from the developers team into fighting more often then they do now
- The fighters need to interact more with each other and fight each other more often as well.
- AI Teams can compare lineups beings used and counter with a more physical lineup and some apple and spice to the game =)

Examples are:

(Orr and Parros)
(Bordeleau and Scott)

Overall it looks like we are headed into the right direction, and I just wanted to lend my little bit of game expierence so far. See you on the Ice FHM fans!

Last edited by BlackIce; 10-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #78
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for posting your game analysis. What I found to work is this: I.bumped aggressive stats to 19 or so, fighting to 19 and temp to 1. And change the tactics for the line they are on to passive forcheck. I had since then had 2 fights in 2 games and in the ahl I had 3 fights in 2 games. I also increased penalties to 18 min per game. Had a few misconducts also. Still not perfect but getting there. Development team your thoughts? Will this be tweaked more?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #79
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Just so everyone knows I am in 2 month of hockey and the fighting is more reqlistic with the settings and tactics that I posted. So far 6 fights on my NHL team and 5 fights for my AHL team. My penalties are set for 19 a game. Much better progress I hope the developers can tweak it more when the patch is finally released. So far I am pleased with the game settings. Just a little more tweaking, more misconducts and kaybe have more 1-2 fights for one person a game.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #80
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
Just so everyone knows I am in 2 month of hockey and the fighting is more reqlistic with the settings and tactics that I posted. So far 6 fights on my NHL team and 5 fights for my AHL team. My penalties are set for 19 a game. Much better progress I hope the developers can tweak it more when the patch is finally released. So far I am pleased with the game settings. Just a little more tweaking, more misconducts and kaybe have more 1-2 fights for one person a game.
Cool beans! They still need to tweak this part of the game but hey, it's a band-aid for the time being lol. I'll give it a shot and post my results =)