Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Updated Stadium Chart for 2013 (New Formulas - Updated and Improved!))

Well for those of you guys who use the stadium chart I've gone ahead and did a new update on it. This is a major overhaul of the chart (including the stadium generators) that add all new stuff to it to make the ballparks more realistic to their historical counterparts.

I took a look at ballpark factors from various sites and did some additional research to determine alot of how the stadium comes into play for the ballparks.

List of changes:
1. The biggest change is the implementation of the Carry factors that have been left out of previous versions. This takes into account the stadiums location to determine average temperature/rainfall and adjusts the balls propensity to carry. This is separate than altitude. So those stadiums that play in the southern U.S. get the benefit of their sweltering summers. Atlanta Fulton County is once again "the launching pad".
2. Doubles, Triples and Home Runs now have new formulas that more accurately take into account, dimensions, walls, altitude, etc.. The comparative factors better match up with their historical counterparts. Stadiums like Forbes and Griffith better match their propensity for doubles and triples. Playing in Yankee Stadium, better load up on lefties.
3. Automatic weather implementation. Put in the city name or state and if it's in OOTPs weather database it will automatically adjust the weather and the associated factors accordingly.

I'm going to send this to OOTPmods.com and it should be posted soon.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

This is now posted to OOTPMods.com in the Ballparks section. Sorry that it's taking me some time to do updates right now, but I'm on the road, my time is limited, and my usual tools for running the site aren't working from my current setup. Thankfully I'll be back to normal soon.

And thanks to Gambo for keeping this chart updated and available for so many years.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
3. Automatic weather implementation. Put in the city name or state and if it's in OOTPs weather database it will automatically adjust the weather and the associated factors accordingly.
Interested to know more on this. My main fictional league is matched up with real cities and I use stadiums in weird places. So if I am using Chase Field in Charleston, SC and i enter Charleston in it will change the factors? Chase is already the 2nd highest elevation behind Coors so the ball would still fly in the sweltering heat of Charleston? What about Joe Robbie in Dallas? or Wrigley as as a dome?
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
urlordjesus
Bat Boy

How does one install this mod. And while I'm at it the fancy DB mod as well.

I'm new here soooo I don't know what to do!
urlordjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlordjesus View Post
How does one install this mod. And while I'm at it the fancy DB mod as well.

I'm new here soooo I don't know what to do!
This isnt a mod that you install, it's a chart. You open it with Excel or Open Office and find the stadium you want, and then enter the dimensions or park factors. I print the entire file myself so it's easier to find what i want.

As far as a custom DB. You want to copy and paste the headline (not sure what it's really called) for the DB and paste it into the database path line under historical or the other place under options? Use ctrl-c to copy ctrl-v to paste mouse controls wont paste in game.
Here is one of the DB headlines I use or one of my historical leagues
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\OOTP 11 DL\RealDebutRealTeamAllPlayers\RealDebutRealTeamAl lPlayers that would go into the database path.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Interested to know more on this. My main fictional league is matched up with real cities and I use stadiums in weird places. So if I am using Chase Field in Charleston, SC and i enter Charleston in it will change the factors? Chase is already the 2nd highest elevation behind Coors so the ball would still fly in the sweltering heat of Charleston? What about Joe Robbie in Dallas? or Wrigley as as a dome?
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you guys. I live in Moore, OK so needless to say things are a bit...well hectic.

All you would need to do is change the location (not city or state) and the alititude and it would give you new factors for that ballpark based on location, or change "G" to "A" in the field type column to get factors for it being turf. If your not sure the altitude, look it up or find another ballpark on the list in that city and see what the altitude says there.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you guys. I live in Moore, OK so needless to say things are a bit...well hectic.
I knew we had at least 1 person in Ok but couln't remember who it was. Hang in there ok, my cousin got hit in Joplin and I went there once most of the rebuilding was finished but still saw signs of the devastation.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Woooooo!
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Take care man. best of luck.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

im a bit confused by this chart. In your 2013 version , you listed Joe Robbie Stadium in Florida (marlins old park) with some monster offensive boosting factors. (+17% LHR, +21% RHR)

However , that stadium was known for being a horrible place for batters. In fact, in your very own 2007 version of the file it was rated as I state . The HR factors were: -23% LHR and -21% RHR

Considering by 2007 the stadium was nearing the end of its run, I don't understand how the numbers suddenly reversed so drastically?

Unless I am reading the chart wrong. I am starting a 1993 Historical season with the Marlins so thats why I'm looking.

Thanks for your clarifications.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #11
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Gambo: Any chance you have an updated version of this data? thx
Old 01-26-2015, 02:42 AM   #12
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

2013 is the latest one i've done at it likely will be for a long while so go with that one.

*Of course, I'm perfectly fine with other people moving further on with it and updating it as needed. It pretty easy as it's set up for the most part.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #13
rferry
All Star Reserve

I'm looking at the formulas. I see where the weather is drawn in cell BB, but it appears it has no effect on the ballpark factor formulas.

Figured it out. The Ballpark Creator tab is missing the Carry to LF/CF/RF formulas found on the Stadium Chart.

Last edited by rferry; 07-04-2015 at 08:27 PM.
rferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

It's been a while but if I remember right the carry numbers are no longer part of the formula since when I reworked it the weather now takes care of it. I.e. The carry numbers were a substitute for non existent weather. They were based on outside data anyway so were based on interpretation by whoever determined it for those sources.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #15
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Anyone still have this file?? I can't get it from OOTPMods.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #16
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

don't know if this is the file you're looking for, but there's a Gambo Ballparks file on the OOTPMods webpage .... hopefully it's the one you're looking for. If not, sorry, but i tried.

http://www.ootpmods.com//tiki-index....page_ref_id=73

3313 GamboBallparks.rar 603.52 KB 2016-02-11
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #17
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
don't know if this is the file you're looking for, but there's a Gambo Ballparks file on the OOTPMods webpage .... hopefully it's the one you're looking for. If not, sorry, but i tried.

http://www.ootpmods.com//tiki-index....page_ref_id=73

3313 GamboBallparks.rar 603.52 KB 2016-02-11

Thank you. I tried that, but I've tried extracting with 3 different programs,, and it's telling me that it's corrupt.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #18
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Thank you. I tried that, but I've tried extracting with 3 different programs,, and it's telling me that it's corrupt.
dang. should have tried the download/extraction myself first i guess. i just did try it and and, alas and alack, got the same corrupt results.
Short of someone else having it and re-upping - looks like it may be deceased.
Bummer. Sorry.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #19
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Would anybody be willing to email this file?
Old 07-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #20
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I have the file, PM me your email address...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote