Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 07-13-2004, 06:02 AM   #1
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Fictional Fighter Creation -- Questions, Problems, etc.

If you have any questions to ask or problems to solve in the process of creating fictional fighters, simply use the current thread. There are obviously several guys here knowledgeable enough to help you and I have no doubt that they will be kind enough to offer their assistance if/when needed. Before creating your fighters, it would be a good idea of looking at the section on ratings in the manual. After doing that, don't hesitate to post here if you need help. Please, don't post your fictional fighters here, though. There's a thread for that...

The link for posting your fictional fighters:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=69514

Pierre

Last edited by Montreal; 07-13-2004 at 06:17 AM.
Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quick notes...

Pretty nice start, guys! Keep them coming. Just a few quick notes...

1- Proficiency: if I understand this right, it is supposed to indicate how many rounds for any bout. For instance, if a boxer is rated at 4, he would mostly take 4-round bouts; If he's at 6, it would be 6-round bouts. So I think that any rated fighter can take 10-round bouts (except, maybe, at their beginning stage). On the other hand, I don't think that that proficiency rating has any bearing on the outcome of a fight (but not 100% sure, though). Anyway, you can use 10 for all your fighters, just in case it would be detrimental to them not having such a rating.

2- If there's no Trainer/Cut Man assigned to a particular fighter, my guess is that the game assigns them the Generic ones. But, once again, not 100% sure. So, as much as possible, don't forget to assign your fighters a Generic man as trainer/cut man.

3- Don't forget to use only the eight basic divisions (HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW, FW, BW, FLY). Don't use the Jr. and Super ones.

Pierre
Old 07-15-2004, 03:15 PM   #3
Brooks TVB
All Star Starter

how do i post my fighters?
Brooks TVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Hi Brooks,

1- Click on Post Reply (as usual)

2- Give the info on your fighters (as you would normally write a message)

3- Then scroll down and you will see a little grey box (Manage Attachements)

4- Click on Manage Attachements and a little window will popup

5- You can download 3 of your fighters on the first screen, then click on UPLOAD

6- Another little window will open up and you can add 2 other fighters. Then UPLOAD them.

7- Click on Close Window.

8- Get back to your message and send as usual

Pierre
Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 PM   #5
Brooks TVB
All Star Starter

I know how to post them, i cant find them to post. Where do you find them at?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #6
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Well, I'm not sure whether the first step has been done, so, from the beginning...

1- Create a subdirectory (or a directory) on your hard drive. Let's say... C:\\ExportedFighters

2- From the Fighter Screen in TBCB, locate the fighter you want to export. Then, click on EXPORT TO FILE (right side of the screen) and save your fighter in C:\\ExportedFighters

3- Repeat until all the fighters you want to export are saved in C:\\ExportedFighters

4- When you're posting on the board, get the fighters by reaching C:\\ExportedFighters, where you saved them.

Hope this help...

Pierre
Old 07-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
Brooks TVB
All Star Starter

big help, did not do that. Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #8
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Bug with the CALC Button

Guys, please pay attention to this. There's a bug with the CALC button. You absolutely have to hit it and save your fighter twice. It happens very frequenttly that there's a 2-point spread in the Overall Rating from the first save to the second one.

For instance, when hitting the button and saving our fighter for the first time, we might get a 2. Now, if we hit CALC a second time, we often get a 4. So... Create your fighter, hit CALC and save. Then, hit the button another time and save once again. You should get the right OR the second time around. It happens sometimes that the OR is the same each time. Very mysterious, no doubt - lol.

We currently have 49 fictional fighters in the database (including post #14 in the other thread). I tested all of them to make sure that we have the right OR for each fighter. If you dowloaded all fighters up to post #14, you will see that Keddy Burk is rated at 5 (hit the CALC button, he's a 7); Thomas Griffith is rated at 1 (hit the CALC button, he's now a 3); Timo Mendoza is rated at 2 (but he's in fact a 4). So... Hit the CALC button for each of them, then save them and everything is OK.

By the way... Please don't forget to create your fighters from a group called Fictional and export them from there before uploading on the message board. Thanks!

Pierre
Old 07-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
Brooks TVB
All Star Starter

huh, i hit the calc twice but did not save twice. My bad, i will do that from now on. My group is called created fighters, does that matter?
Old 07-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #10
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks TVB
huh, i hit the calc twice but did not save twice. My bad, i will do that from now on. My group is called created fighters, does that matter?
Fine, Brooks. As for your question... Would be better that you create a group called * Fictional *. Working and exporting from there will make it easier for eveybody to import your fighters in their own game.

Pierre
Old 07-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #11
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Antonin: Caluag...

Antonin... Would you please try to simulate a number of bouts for Caluag using the auto-scheduler? Each time I try to use him, my game crashes. Actually, I changed his Killer Instinct from 2 to 3 and then the bouts were simmed correctly... In fact, my question is: Is it just me?? Thanks.

Pierre
Old 07-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #12
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Caluag problem...sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal
Antonin... Would you please try to simulate a number of bouts for Caluag using the auto-scheduler? Each time I try to use him, my game crashes. Actually, I changed his Killer Instinct from 2 to 3 and then the bouts were simmed correctly... In fact, my question is: Is it just me?? Thanks.

Pierre
Hmmm. When I sim 100+ bouts with a single fighter, I get crashes. When I sim 10 or so at a time with a single fighter there are no problems. So it isn't just you.

The way I test is to sim fight the created fellow against 10 or more fighters who are already in TBCB. They fight 10 fights each, then I adjust my ratings, and sim again, etc. I test the created guy against fighters with the same rating and against those one level higher. Then I usually play out a couple of fights just to watch the action.

There appears to be a random element in the TBCB fight process--a good thing, I think. Sometimes when I sim fights the fictional guy will lose 100 out of 100 times, and then when I repeat the batch with the same group of opponents, the fictional guy will win 15 fights, eight by KO.

Anyway, sorry about the problem. I've revised Caluag slightly and posted the new version.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:27 AM   #13
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Clinching and Punches Missed

Hi guys,

I was going through the fictional DB and I noticed that some fighters' clinching and Punches missed ratings were occasionally really too low. So I would like to remember you this...

-- A fighter clinching at 66-67-68 won't clinch much anyway. I don't know what effect it has on the outcome of the fight when we rate a fighter at (say) 55, but it's obvioulsy unrealistic a rating TBCB-wise. An average clincher should be around 69-70-71 while a heavy clincher is rated around 73-74. I think that our ratings should usually fly in the range of 65-76.

-- If you look at the most accurate fighters rated in the game, you will see that their Punches Missed rating is at 59-60. So I guess that a 2-rated fictional fighter showing a PM around 52, 53, 54 is in fact some ET playing boxing - lol. My best guess is that most of our fictional fighters should have a PM ranging from 62 (very good anyway) to 68 (not good).

I suggest that you give a look at the manual on these two points.

On another note, we currently have 434 fictional fighters aboard (post 123 included)...

HW = 104 (including those 61 from Sal)
LHW = 29
MW = 41
WW = 50
LW = 38
FW = 96
BW = 31
FLY = 45

Any new contributor is more than welcome to join us

Pierre

Last edited by Montreal; 08-01-2004 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:17 AM   #14
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Average rating

The average rating of our fictional fighters (calculated from the 434 fighters I have in my database, somewhere I lost 5) is of 1.7517, with one fighter rated 8 as the maximum -the second one is rated 5. i guess we're reaching the objective of keeping it relatively balanced...
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #15
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

More statistical data

70 of the fighters have an assigned year to start their careers, while more than 350 they have not. Of those 70, only 8 of them have a year to finish their careers.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #16
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Perfect Ratio!

Thanks for the data, Catalion. Here's some more -- the most important part, I guess, about the distribution per rating...

8 = 1
7 = 0
6 = 2
5 = 12
4 = 28
3 = 58
2 = 95
1 = 243

The ratio is almost perfect all the way from top to bottom (1:2)... Pretty good work, guys!

Pierre

Last edited by Montreal; 08-01-2004 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:28 AM   #17
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Hitting the 'calc' button one last time

I've noticed that when you create a fighter, hit 'calc' and then save, and then sim several hundred fights to test the fighter, you will sometimes get a different rating number if you hit 'calc' AFTER simming the fights.

Sometimes a 3 rating will drop to 2, or a 1 will increase to 2.

Just something to remember while creating fighters. Sometimes the rating you get when you create the fighter changes after he's tested.

Also, I want to say thanks to those who include their "gym of origin" in the fighter's bio. Tonight I watched a great, see-saw battle between HW Ros Berry from the Eagle's Nest Gym and one of my own fighters. It was back and forth for seven rounds, with Ros winning three rounds, my fighter winning three, and one round scored as a draw. Then in round 8, Ros scored a knockdown and therefore won the fight. It was great to watch, and at the end I immediately wanted to know who created Ros Berry.

Thanks, Sal!
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:28 AM   #18
SAL
Hall Of Famer

You're welcome Antonin. I agree that it is nice to see where the fighters come from. Also glad to hear that the Eagles Nest Gym is one up on the North Coast Gym with the Berry win. I'll give Berry a few days off from the gym.

Sal

Last edited by SAL; 08-13-2004 at 03:03 PM.
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #19
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Hi guys, I can't believe how well you're all doing in creating so many fighters, keep up the very good work! How many fighters do you want to end up with in total? I was thinking it would be interesting if people who download these fighters post results from their fictional universe so that different users who have created the different boxers can see how their creations get on.
Dave1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #20
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

How long with the fighters collection take? Who knows In my country there's an old sentence, the more sugar, the sweeter, so I guess that one way or another we'll be adding fighters for quite a long time -at least, that's what I would do-. There's no given ammount of fighters we're looking for...and no "official" way to play with them...each one will take the fighters are interested in, and then, run his universe the way he prefers... We're trying to set up a world with a "as much realistical as possible" distribution of fighters, then having a lot of 1-rated and just a few top fighters. And then, we're awaiting for the deliverance of a large tomato-can ship that will surely increase a lot the number of fighters in the universe.

And of course, having some news on how they behave will be a great thing; but then, we all know that they can behave differently on different universes