Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:43 PM   #3821
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
If anyone sells of mission cards for a big profit please let us know. When the original missions came out I scored big because I sold some cards after hearing about them from OL members.
I have sold Mike Cameron for 12,500 PP. And Gold Tom Glavine for 8,760 PP (should have had a lower buy-it-now on that one). All-in-all it seems there's not as much craziness as with the White Sox missions.

I don't have much more in the way of high value Braves/Mariners/Orioles to sell. Except Gold Greg Maddux on 2 of my teams, but that's a good enough card to shun the small PP profit.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 PM   #3822
joehart
All Star Starter

Finally found a little time to catch up on the teams
and the new league shuffle (8pm PST) for Gold307:

AC East (1 OL team):
The non-OL Los Angeles Big Horns (20 Diamond/Perfect players) took the division by storm and
established a 5 game lead over the Tacoma Aroma OL team.
Good luck to the Aroma team to keep up with the bully in the division.

AC Central (3 OL teams):
Redmond Defenders and Annandale Atom Smashers are in a battle for the division (just 0.5 games apart).
86 Brett Anderson (1.85 ERA and 7-2 record) is the pitching leader for the Defenders
while 94 Ken Forsch (2.09 ERA and 5-1 record) is the leader for the Atom Smashers.
The Ozark Bobcats are 8 games back and have their work cut out to get back into the race.

AC West (1 OL team):
The Texas Strangers are 5 games back and are in a competition with 3 other non-OL teams for the division title.
The team may need to compete with the other OL teams for a AC Wild card spot.

NC East: (1 OL team):
The Harbour Town Falcons are in 3rd place in the division but just 0.5 games back behind the
non-OL Chicago Men of Steal and Panama City Piranhas.
I am familiar with the Piranhas team and had to battle them for an entire season last week.
Good luck....my son hopes to meet you in the finals. This should keep both of you busy for the rest of the week :-)

NC Central (1 OL team):
Just like the Harbour Town Falcons, the Sanguine Classics moved up from Silver last season and are
getting used to the much tougher competition.
They are in 4th place but only 4 games back. Strangely, Dizzy Dean has an ERA of 4.11 and a record
of 3-6. Hopefully he can turn things around and help the Classics climb back into the race.
Most of the non-OL teams have slighly better pitching than the Classics so it won't be easy.

NC West (1 OL team):
The Janesville Onyx team already got pushed aside by 3 other teams and are 11.5 games back.
Both of the teams leading the division are filled with good Live cards but hopefully the Onyx
can try to turn things around.
Note to Brett Anderson (2-7 record)....please call Brett Anderson on the Defenders team. He figured out
how not to tip his pitches.

Even if the OL teams can't catch the leaders in the division, they will have a great chance to secure a wild card spot.
Attached Images

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #3823
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I have sold Mike Cameron for 12,500 PP. And Gold Tom Glavine for 8,760 PP (should have had a lower buy-it-now on that one). All-in-all it seems there's not as much craziness as with the White Sox missions.

I don't have much more in the way of high value Braves/Mariners/Orioles to sell. Except Gold Greg Maddux on 2 of my teams, but that's a good enough card to shun the small PP profit.
Trying to sell Blair, but there are no takers. In fact, I have not sold any mission cards so far this week. Argh. Btw, I just got Cool Papa Bell for Aina Haina to continue with their theme.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #3824
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Trying to sell Blair, but there are no takers. In fact, I have not sold any mission cards so far this week. Argh. Btw, I just got Cool Papa Bell for Aina Haina to continue with their theme.
Dammit...I've been camping the AH for WEEKS looking for that card for the speedster mission. At least I was beat by someone who will actually use him
Old 07-24-2019, 12:07 AM   #3825
joehart
All Star Starter

Perfect 432

Since both of the boys left the OL Perfect league two seasons ago to make room for other OL teams, they joined the ShaNel Spurs in a friendly Perfect league competition.
Feel free to skip as this is a quick recap of their competition with Kushiel.

I wish I would have taken a picture earlier in the day.
All of the three teams were leading their divisions.

AC East:
The Woodinville Infinite Power team got shuffled into a division with the 2-time PL winner Bayou WhoDats.
ASaintsFan knows what he is doing so this will be a very hard task to keep up with his team.
The Infinite Power went 33-18 (.647) but are 3 games back behind the WhoDats and their offensive park (1.1/1.1).
Time is running out for his friendly bet with mom+dad. I don't believe Diamond Olerud will join his team this month.

AC Central:
The ShaNel Spurs are 36-13 and took a commanding 7.5 game lead with great pitching.
Walter Johnson is leading the team with 7 wins while the two flame throwers (Nolan Ryan and Dwight Gooden) both secured 6 wins already.
I fear their good start may still not be enough to keep up with 100Pedro/Schilling and Maddux in the race for Best Pitcher of the year. Fingers crossed for another Reliever of the Year title!!!

AC West:
The Renton Dragons team is the weakest team on paper but manages to hover around .500 every season.
As kiddo put it, "Don't count me out just yet". He made the playoffs 3 times during the last 4 seasons against much stronger teams.
The team is 26-26 but just 1 game behind the division leading New York Boroughs and Miami Snappers.
He is 1-3 against the Spurs team but all 3 losses (1-2, 0-2, and 4-6) were close games.
He only played one game against the WhoDats and managed to secure a 6-1 win.

The Wild card won't be an easy path to the playoffs. At this point, the second wild card spot is held by the Hightown Hops (30-22, .577) team.

Good luck...hopefully all three teams get to compete in the playoffs against each other.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #3826
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Dammit...I've been camping the AH for WEEKS looking for that card for the speedster mission. At least I was beat by someone who will actually use him
I am going to run Bell to the ground

Old 07-24-2019, 05:40 AM   #3827
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Sad Hill to Top in OL S320

Going 12-6, the Hunters bagged first place. Hampton Roads had the best sim at 11-2, with Chi-Town posting a 10-5 mark.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #3828
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Ewa Beach remains on top, with Luckenbach lurking just behind.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:31 AM   #3829
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze 289 Standings

Updated through games played May 29th.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #3830
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Perfect 432

Since both of the boys left the OL Perfect league two seasons ago to make room for other OL teams, they joined the ShaNel Spurs in a friendly Perfect league competition.
Feel free to skip as this is a quick recap of their competition with Kushiel.

I wish I would have taken a picture earlier in the day.
All of the three teams were leading their divisions.

AC East:
The Woodinville Infinite Power team got shuffled into a division with the 2-time PL winner Bayou WhoDats.
ASaintsFan knows what he is doing so this will be a very hard task to keep up with his team.
The Infinite Power went 33-18 (.647) but are 3 games back behind the WhoDats and their offensive park (1.1/1.1).
Time is running out for his friendly bet with mom+dad. I don't believe Diamond Olerud will join his team this month.

AC Central:
The ShaNel Spurs are 36-13 and took a commanding 7.5 game lead with great pitching.
Walter Johnson is leading the team with 7 wins while the two flame throwers (Nolan Ryan and Dwight Gooden) both secured 6 wins already.
I fear their good start may still not be enough to keep up with 100Pedro/Schilling and Maddux in the race for Best Pitcher of the year. Fingers crossed for another Reliever of the Year title!!!

AC West:
The Renton Dragons team is the weakest team on paper but manages to hover around .500 every season.
As kiddo put it, "Don't count me out just yet". He made the playoffs 3 times during the last 4 seasons against much stronger teams.
The team is 26-26 but just 1 game behind the division leading New York Boroughs and Miami Snappers.
He is 1-3 against the Spurs team but all 3 losses (1-2, 0-2, and 4-6) were close games.
He only played one game against the WhoDats and managed to secure a 6-1 win.

The Wild card won't be an easy path to the playoffs. At this point, the second wild card spot is held by the Hightown Hops (30-22, .577) team.

Good luck...hopefully all three teams get to compete in the playoffs against each other.
Nice recap as usual in both Gold OL and here for the Perfect non OL. When I seen the Infinite Power was in the division with ASaintsFan, I knew he would have a tough season. When I pointed it out to my wife, her response was, "Why did the game put him in that division instead of you? That is not fair." We know who she is a fan of, I reminded her that he can get a wildcard and then pop the WhoDats in a short series where he excels. It did not console her.

We hope you are enjoying family time. Tell the boys good luck for me.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #3831
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Update

Texas jumps into first place in Gold after stellar play in May

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - May 30, 2036			
			 W	 L	Pct
Texas Strangers		 8	 5	.615
Annandale Atom Smashers	13	 9	.591
Sanguine Classics	 7	 5	.583
Redmond Defenders	10	 8	.556
Janesville Onyx		 4	 4	.500
Ozark Bobcats		 7	 8	.467
Harbour Town Falcons	 2	 4	.333
Tacoma Aroma		 2	10	.167

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #3832
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Nice recap as usual in both Gold OL and here for the Perfect non OL. When I seen the Infinite Power was in the division with ASaintsFan, I knew he would have a tough season. When I pointed it out to my wife, her response was, "Why did the game put him in that division instead of you? That is not fair." We know who she is a fan of, I reminded her that he can get a wildcard and then pop the WhoDats in a short series where he excels. It did not console her.

We hope you are enjoying family time. Tell the boys good luck for me.
The Renton Warriors are ecstatic today (6 game win streak on the road). They were able to take 3 games from your very tough Spurs in three close games (4-3 is the official team vs team count so far).

Little brother is not as happy (7 game loss streak). His team fell apart after he finally decided to move on from Nomar and back to Rod Carew.
91 Goose Goslin is getting some opportunity against RHPs.

At this rate, the boys may both face each other in the wild card game
and meet your team afterwards. Not ideal to meet so early but everyone is excited about the competition this week.

Too bad you have to wait until Saturday to see how you match up with the WhoDats team playing at home. Going 2-2 at their park is promising.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:15 AM   #3833
joehart
All Star Starter

Iron League Summary:
The Iron league is starting to show a lack of "Our League" teams.
We only have 4 teams with the OL designation but all of them are doing fantastic.
Any team without the OL designation has not been included in this update.

AC West:
The Mudville Muffins are just 1 game behind the leader in the division and currently hold one of the wild card spots.

NC Central:
The battle for the division title by three animal teams: Bulldogs, Birds, and non-OL Wolves.
The three teams have battled each other for the last 3 days and the Bulldogs and Birds have swapped positions a few times already.

Good luck to Kushiel's Bulldogs. Our Birds currently hold the team vs. team record (6-3) but 91 Strasburg from the Bulldogs is expected to lead the team to glory.

The two teams only share 2 cards (Catcher LaValliere and SS Aparicio).

Once again, the beauty of the lower leagues is on display. Teams are comprised of so many different players and we really enjoy looking at players that usually don't end up on our teams.

NC West:
The Stephenville Bears are on a great path to the playoffs. They hold the best record in the NC and feature some of the best hitters in the league.
Magglio Ordonez is leading the NC in Batting Average while Willie Stargell is leading the NC in Home Runs.

Good luck to all teams....we will have to work hard to keep up with the two 60 win teams in the AC.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 07-25-2019 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 AM   #3834
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Hampton Roads Continues Climb to First in OL S320

The Rush used a "steady as she goes" approach and rose to the the top spot in the chase for the crown. CliffMarkle, 14-6, Pablo, 9-4, and Port Ruppert, 13-8, had the best sims yesterday, to make major moves into contention in the ever-widening race.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:29 AM   #3835
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Ewa Beach remains in control at the halfway mark of the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:53 AM   #3836
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Iron League Summary:
We only have 4 teams with the OL designation but all of them are doing fantastic.
The Gotham Knights are the only other OL team in Iron, according to the friends list.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:55 AM   #3837
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Update

Annandale has outstanding month to jump back into Gold lead

Non OL News
A first look at the playoff prospects for OL teams:
  • Redmond leads the AC Central
  • Annandale currently is tied for the second AC Wild Card spot
  • Harbour Town sits atop the NC East
All the other OL teams are currently out of the playoff picture, but there are still plenty of games left to play.

If teams continue at their current pace, no one has to fear relegation.

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - 2036			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	18	10	.643
Sanguine Classics	 7	 5	.583
Texas Strangers		13	10	.565
Redmond Defenders	15	14	.517
Janesville Onyx		 5	 6	.455
Harbour Town Falcons	 4	 5	.444
Ozark Bobcats		 8	12	.400
Tacoma Aroma		 4	12	.250

x
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 07-25-2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #3838
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Iron League Summary:

AC West:
The Mudville Muffins are just 1 game behind the leader in the division and currently hold one of the wild card spots.

NC Central:
The battle for the division title by three animal teams: Bulldogs, Birds, and non-OL Wolves.
The three teams have battled each other for the last 3 days and the Bulldogs and Birds have swapped positions a few times already.

Good luck to Kushiel's Bulldogs. Our Birds currently hold the team vs. team record (6-3) but 91 Strasburg from the Bulldogs is expected to lead the team to glory.

The two teams only share 2 cards (Catcher LaValliere and SS Aparicio).

Once again, the beauty of the lower leagues is on display. Teams are comprised of so many different players and we really enjoy looking at players that usually don't end up on our teams.

NC West:
The Stephenville Bears are on a great path to the playoffs. They hold the best record in the NC and feature some of the best hitters in the league.
Magglio Ordonez is leading the NC in Batting Average while Willie Stargell is leading the NC in Home Runs.

Good luck to all teams....we will have to work hard to keep up with the two 60 win teams in the AC.
I appreciate the recap of Iron. The Birds and Bulldogs have indeed continued their friendly rivalry actually increasing the intensity of competition this season. A no hitter with a 100 point game achievement, strikeouts and hitters points for that game gave me enough PP to spend the 9k for Strasberg. I considered it a steal and he looks like the real thing for seasons to come.

As you know I really enjoy comparing rosters and ideas and the lower level choices and plans for success can be astounding.

OL may have a small representation in Iron this season but our presence is surely felt among the other teams.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #3839
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze update-Games through June 29th.

Philly may run away with it-maybe thats why I subliminally left them off the first day O'Fallon and Everett would be doing pretty well if it weren't for these OL games....
Attached Images
Image Image 
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:53 PM   #3840
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Perfect
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true