Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
thevinshow
Bat Boy

Question about prospects in Juniors

Hi everyone, loving the game so far, go it not too long ago.

At the end of my first preseason I sent a prospect from the NHL back to his Canadian League, maybe OHL or WHL or QMJHL. The problem was that I couldn't recall him. I was unable to bring him up during that NHL season (which doesn't surprise me), but also throughout the offseason, and even on the first day of the preseason, which is where I am now.

What are the rules for when you can recall a player sent to Canada? Do preseason games count against the 9 game limit for the burn of the entry year contract?

Thanks!

Last edited by thevinshow; 03-01-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Additional Q
thevinshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevinshow View Post
Hi everyone, loving the game so far, go it not too long ago.

At the end of my first preseason I sent a prospect from the NHL back to his Canadian League, maybe OHL or WHL or QMJHL. The problem was that I couldn't recall him. I was unable to bring him up during that NHL season (which doesn't surprise me), but also throughout the offseason, and even on the first day of the preseason, which is where I am now.

What are the rules for when you can recall a player sent to Canada? Do preseason games count against the 9 game limit for the burn of the entry year contract?

Thanks!
If you send a player down who has rights in the CHL (which is what you call all 3 leagues), you can't recall them. They either play in the NHL or in the CHL. There is times where they may get called up in an Emergency, but that's usually only goalies (although it's happened in two consecutive years now...)

A player whose been sent down (ie: has signed a contract with an NHL club) will be auto-recalled July 1st. Don't rush to send them down unless you know for sure they aren't going to play.

A players contract will not burn a year until they've played 10 games. At 40 games, it takes away 1 year towards Free Agency as well.

It works a little different in FHM than real life. If a players in the CHL's season ends and they've been drafted, usually they will sign minor pro deals and play with the AHL team until their season ends, but the engine just can't do that efficiently, so there is the artificial limitation on it. t's not a big deal, but it's the same reason why you can't sign NCAA Free Agents until June 23rd.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
thevinshow
Bat Boy

Hi Adam, thanks for the response and sorry I forgot about this post for a while.

Not only did my player not get automatically recalled to my NHL team, I couldn't manually recall him until I went to his player page. I didn't have any options to change his team upon right clicking his name in my contracts page.

The date this occurred was in August in game. He was 20 too, so if I hadn't figured out how to manually recall him, it appears he might have just been off in limbo.

Anyway, manually recalling him fixed my problem, and I have a better understanding of how contracts work thanks to some reading as well as your response.

Thanks again!
thevinshow is offline   Reply With Quote