Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 12-23-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1985 Dwight Gooden

Just put this bad boy in the Auction House. I am torn because I am a Mets fan and this card seems legit but I'm asking a ton and it would really help my team out (just missed Gold playoffs by 2 games).

If you're a Mets fan with deeeeep pockets, check it out. I haven't seen one of these out there and it looks like it's never been sold before.
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:52 AM   #2
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

LOL, good luck with a 600K price tag. That's over $350 in PP.

That said, at first I thought he just looked so-so, but I realized his ratings looked a bit familiar. He's basically Len Barker with several points added to each category, plus a 4th pitch (a weak slider, though). And we all know how well Barker does, featuring the highest rated Curveball from a starter that I've seen until now. I'm interested to see if he performs like a Super Barker. That might actually be a 6-figure card.

Oh wait, I do see Bob Feller has a 107 Curveball, but he's got complete garbage for Control and walks everyone. There might be a few other historical cards that have high curveballs, but the points still stands that Gooden's ratings and even pitch style is pretty much Barker++.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-23-2018 at 03:03 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:22 AM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Oh damn, I'm an idiot. I totally spaced that I myself have a super-rare player that dominates with a Curveball. I've had old-timer Dolf Luque since the Entry Pool. So far in his career, he came in 2nd in Cy Young and MVP in Bronze while sporting a 9.0 WAR, then had a "supbar" 6.2 WAR Silver season, and just finished possibly winning the Cy Young in Gold with a league-leading 7.1 WAR. His AVG against, WHIP and HR/9 are all elite every season.

Dolf has slightly better Movement, Fastball, and Changeup ratings, but overall he's fairly comparable to Gooden. Now you've got me wanting a Gooden bad, but no way am I paying that much. FYI, Luque has sold for 47K on average, but unless mine is somehow special, he should be going for much higher if he can dominate Gold lineups like he does.
Attached Images
Old 12-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That Luque card is very legit.

I know I am asking an insane amount. If this was say a Bob Gibson 1968 instead, I'd be asking 1/2 as much but I am a Mets fan who is a huge Gooden card. This is a perfect card for me but I'd be a fool not to see if I could get a king's ransom for him.

Not bites yet but 30 minutes. If it doesn't sell, I'll gladly put him in my rotation. I'm sure I'll need him badly against Diamond level talent.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #5
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I hope you kept him. There's a Gooden in my Diamond league and he pretty clearly has the best career stats of any starter. When I get back to my computer, I'll try to remember to pull a screenshot. Luque is easily top 5, as well.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did keep him but I might seriously consider trying to sell him in this offseason.

He's incredible. 1.85 ERA in 87 IP (11 GS) at Diamond level. He's as good as I hoped. The problem is my team isn't that great at this level (I'm 23-25 and luckily only 1.5 GB but I need to make massive improvements to the rest of my roster).

If I don't make the playoffs, I will likely try selling him again for 400K+. He's worth that to a whale.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:31 PM   #7
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBerry View Post
I did keep him but I might seriously consider trying to sell him in this offseason.

He's incredible. 1.85 ERA in 87 IP (11 GS) at Diamond level. He's as good as I hoped. The problem is my team isn't that great at this level (I'm 23-25 and luckily only 1.5 GB but I need to make massive improvements to the rest of my roster).

If I don't make the playoffs, I will likely try selling him again for 400K+. He's worth that to a whale.
Yup. After what I've discovered above about Stuff+Movement+Curveball+Flyball dominating, seeing the career stats of the Doc in my league and hearing about your success, I honestly believe he might be the best pitcher in the game. You just need someone with $200+ to realize the same.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-25-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just put him up back up for sale. He is leading the league in Pitcher WAR by quite a bit (He has 5.1, next guy has 4.5) but the rest of my team is getting slaughtered in Diamond League.