Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

Will We Mets It Up

I've considered myself pretty lucky this season, as the Gammi Chi NC West division didn't appear to have anyone buying points. I would have, but I'm not playing through Steam.

By mid-season the division was clearly down to myself (the New York Absurds), the Bozeman Mountaineers, and the Grand Valley Lakers, with the Lakers seeming to lag behind just a touch.

By the time I logged off last night, I was up something like 4 or 4 1/2 games, and figured I was likely going to easily take the division. Which is good because it didn't look like I had any shot at a wildcard spot if I lost.

This afternoon I have logged in to see that the Bozeman Mountaineers are currently on a 14 game winning streak, and we are now tied for first, with the Lakers only 1.5 games back. Awesomely enough, the final series of the regular season for me is against those same Mounaineers, and even though is is a beta with a looming wipe, I don't think I can leave my computer again until I see how this plays out.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

Ouch.

The first 7 innings of the first game of the series went really well, Mark Fidrych (the Rookie Sensation version), had a shutout going, with two runs on our side. Then he gave up 6 runs before the manager decided to pull him (and earned credit for another two that the reliever let in). I had my hook settings pretty slow because my bullpen was pretty bad early on, maybe I should have revisited that.

We went from a 60-something percent chance of seeing the playoffs, down to a 40-something percent chance (the exact number keeps changing each time I load the screen, I've never noticed that to happen before).
Old 11-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

For a bit of deja vu, we entered the 8th inning up 2-0, and Kyle Hendricks finally, giving up two runs but completing the inning. For the ninth inning, our fearless manager brought in our relatively recently acquired closer, who in 14 games had 8 saves and 0.60 ERA. Still tied at 2, with two outs and Bill Terry on at first, he gave up a home run to Joe Christopher to put a big damper on our play off hopes.

Fortunately in game 3, Doolittle entered in the 9th with a 5-2 lead, and got the save in 6 pitches, so its not over yet!
Old 11-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

CC Sabathia only gave up one run in 7 innings, and my bullpen held out to win the fourth game, so everything will come down to one final game.

Win or lose, I think its safe to say we didn't Mets it up.

Also, I'm loving this. I wasn't so sure that PT would bring about the excitement that I get from the storylines that develop in my head while playing single player, but so far its managing to deliver.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

The Mountaineers ended up with a 20-8 record in September, which is pretty awesome, but was ultimately one game short of what they needed.

Mike Foltynewicz nearly came up with a complete game shutout to end the regular season, but with only one out and the bases loaded, Doolittle was brought in to finish things off.

That was fun.