Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
krpotter
Bat Boy

Players not getting claimed off waivers

Hi there,
I'm having an issue in my standard game regarding waivers. I have built up a very strong team over the course of a decade. I am at the point where I am forced to place 2.5 to 3 star players on waivers at the beginning of the season to assign them to AHL.

They are on very friendly contracts, but no other team is claiming them. Even when I have to send them down during the regular season, they never get claimed. It makes for a great way to build a dynasty, but I'm struggling the lack of realism here. The other teams should be grabbing these guys, but they're not being touched.

Is this just my game? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by krpotter View Post
Hi there,
I'm having an issue in my standard game regarding waivers. I have built up a very strong team over the course of a decade. I am at the point where I am forced to place 2.5 to 3 star players on waivers at the beginning of the season to assign them to AHL.

They are on very friendly contracts, but no other team is claiming them. Even when I have to send them down during the regular season, they never get claimed. It makes for a great way to build a dynasty, but I'm struggling the lack of realism here. The other teams should be grabbing these guys, but they're not being touched.

Is this just my game? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
There's more factors than just a star rating that will determine whether or not a player gets picked up by other teams. How many contracts do other teams have? You said they are on good contracts, but does it work for other teams? Maybe they're tight to the cap. They may not have the players scouted so their rating may be different than yours. What's their point production like? Time On Ice? +/-? Etc?

Teams typically like to build or even make trades for players because it's something more they can control. It's possible teams are tight with Cap restraints themselves and/or at their limit for contracts so grabbing someone off waivers isn't always the best thing.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
krpotter
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
There's more factors than just a star rating that will determine whether or not a player gets picked up by other teams. How many contracts do other teams have? You said they are on good contracts, but does it work for other teams? Maybe they're tight to the cap. They may not have the players scouted so their rating may be different than yours. What's their point production like? Time On Ice? +/-? Etc?

Teams typically like to build or even make trades for players because it's something more they can control. It's possible teams are tight with Cap restraints themselves and/or at their limit for contracts so grabbing someone off waivers isn't always the best thing.
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! I took a look through the other teams finances, contracts, my player's point production, etc. The contracts and cap space definitely is not an issue for 90% of the other teams. The point production/stats of my guys are definitely a significant improvement compared to those of players on other teams, so I'm still at a bit of a loss. I can't really see the other teams scouting, so that might be an issue.

If I put the guys on the trade block, I'll always get offers, but it would be "nice" to see some snatched up on waivers.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

I was just going to post about this as well. I like the fact that I never have to worry about good players who can't make my active roster getting claimed but it is unrealistic.

I've had 3.5 star players on very low-dollar deals make it through waivers in seasons where money wasn't an issue for any other team. It seem that playing in GM mode your players will never get claimed no matter what.

Like you said, helps to build dynasties but lacks realism.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 AM   #5
krpotter
Bat Boy

Okay, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one. I've just started a new file and am about ten seasons in; I still have not had a single player claimed.