Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Agents

I'd love to see OOTP incorporate player agents into the game. Seems to me like there's a lot that could be adapted from the personality design for GMs/players etc.

Some suggested parameters:
-discussion style. Does the agent get mad easily if they feel like you're offering a lowball deal, or is the agent more likely to say "try again" and let you send a higher offer?
-negotiation style. Is the agent a hardball negotiator who demands maximum contract size, or are they more accepting of a reasonable market value rate for their client?
-contract style. Does the agent like options & incentives, or do they want everything guaranteed? Do they like long-term or short-term contracts?
-client management. Does the agent cater to a select few superstars, or does the agent prefer to build up a broader base of mid-tier players?

I'd also like to see some way to account for the following:
-agent/player relations. How much does the player listen to the agent? This could easily correlate with factors already present in the player personality model: leadership, desire for winner, loyalty, greed. Lower totals of these four traits could correlate with players who give the agent more responsibility, while players with higher totals are probably more likely to have a specific idea what they want to do. Such players probably just have the agent around to figure out the legalese.
-agent/GM relations. How strong of a professional relationship does the agent have with each front office around the league?

I get that this is something OOTP users might want to be able to turn off. If implemented, though, I like the potential to add just that much more immersion to the game, and it can also add some strategy to the front office - eg pissing off a player in the clubhouse could impact your ability to sign other players who use the same agent, whereas you might be able to land some surprise signings by building a positive relationship with their agent in past years.

Last edited by lightgrenade07; 04-06-2017 at 01:54 PM.
lightgrenade07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
gmjay74
Bat Boy

I was just discussing this on another thread and your articulation of the idea is splendid

Goodyear Ballpark
Goodyear, Arizona
Spring Training Home of the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds

"I believe managing is like holding a dove in your hand. If you hold it too tightly you kill it, but if you hold it too loosely, you lose it." - Tommy Lasorda

"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination." - Vin Scully
gmjay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #3
the doctor
Minors (Single A)

i love this idea as well, but i think there's an absolutely astounding amount of work to be done around making negotiations and contract demands even reasonably realistic (that there doesn't seem to me much interest in addressing, unfortunately) before adding this in as the next step.
the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote