Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #361
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Here's what I see (FW Park, 70-87):
Yes, mine is like yours. I must have screwed something up whilst I was working on it. It is easy to fix by using the grid adjustment procedure but I will upload a fixed version in the morning. Sorry.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 PM   #362
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Not a big deal. No worries.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #363
rexrowland
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I don't know what to tell you because it works fine for me. I have a Radeon 7750 card. When the game crashes, do you get an option to run a debug program? If so, have you run it? If not, the next time it crashes, run the debug and it should show you what is causing the crash. I did than when I was getting a lot of crashing working on 3D crowds. It always came up stopping at NVOGL.DLL which is/was related to my NVIDA card. I could never fix it but when I changed to the Radeon card the problem stopped.
No worries. I just played again with that ballpark, and it worked fine. Maybe it was just a freak occurrence. I had browsed this thread before and read something about a white-screen crash, so I thought maybe that was happening fairly often. I should be good, and if not, I'll just upgrade cards. Thanks again.
rexrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #364
zappa1
All Star Starter

The grid adjust feature in OOTP18 isn't very good at all. It needs work. The first thing I notice when I loaded that park in the 3D park editor was that it had a very bad tilt to it. I could fix the tilt, but the grid would never line up. Not even close. Plus, on my machine 1,2,3,4 doesn't work like it says. On mine I have to make homeplate 1 1stbase 2, 2ndbase 3, and 3rd base 4. Otherwise I'm off 45°. It was like this in OOTP17, too. They never fix this.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #365
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
The grid adjust feature in OOTP18 isn't very good at all. It needs work. The first thing I notice when I loaded that park in the 3D park editor was that it had a very bad tilt to it. I could fix the tilt, but the grid would never line up. Not even close. Plus, on my machine 1,2,3,4 doesn't work like it says. On mine I have to make homeplate 1 1stbase 2, 2ndbase 3, and 3rd base 4. Otherwise I'm off 45°. It was like this in OOTP17, too. They never fix this.

That's not how it works.

HP - 1
1st - 2
3rd - 3

Press 4 to line up the grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #366
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
That's not how it works.

HP - 1
1st - 2
3rd - 3

Press 4 to line up the grid

I know that. But that's not what the directions say. That's what I'm saying. The directions are wrong. But still, even if you do it the way we know works, it doesn't always work. You can still get a screwy grid. It was this way last year, also. I tried to tell them about it in the bugs report last year. I requested they make the grid so you can stretch it to where you want it. But.........This park they are talking about has a bad tilt. I fix the tilt but guess what? The park is straight but the grid is now tilted. Now what? The grid adjustment thing needs work. I have other parks that are off just a little bit but no matter how many times you try you can't get it right.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #367
zappa1
All Star Starter

Just tried it again. HP-1 1st-2 3rd-3 and press 4 skipping 2nd altogether. Way, way out of whack. What worked last year was hp-1 1st-2 2nd-3 3rd-4.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #368
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know that. But that's not what the directions say. That's what I'm saying. The directions are wrong. But still, even if you do it the way we know works, it doesn't always work. You can still get a screwy grid. It was this way last year, also. I tried to tell them about it in the bugs report last year. I requested they make the grid so you can stretch it to where you want it. But.........This park they are talking about has a bad tilt. I fix the tilt but guess what? The park is straight but the grid is now tilted. Now what? The grid adjustment thing needs work. I have other parks that are off just a little bit but no matter how many times you try you can't get it right.

Ah. I see. I have issues sometimes when I click on home and I don't see a red dot. That means the dot is somewhere below the infield. Not sure why that happens. What I have to do usually is to flip the stadium so I am looking at the bottom and put try to put the dot on the other side if that makes sense.

I agree it can be screwy sometimes. I have let them know in the Beta that the instructions are wrong. I will send them another note.

If I ever get around to figuring out how to make "how to" videos on stadium building and configuration. Getting the grid to line up would be an important one

Old 04-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #369
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ah. I see. I have issues sometimes when I click on home and I don't see a red dot. That means the dot is somewhere below the infield. Not sure why that happens. What I have to do usually is to flip the stadium so I am looking at the bottom and put try to put the dot on the other side if that makes sense.

I agree it can be screwy sometimes. I have let them know in the Beta that the instructions are wrong. I will send them another note.

If I ever get around to figuring out how to make "how to" videos on stadium building and configuration. Getting the grid to line up would be an important one

I got it. Finally. It took me 7 times. I just kept doing it over and over until it came out. It is hp-1 1st-2 2nd-3 3rd-4. If it doesn't come out, just do it again. It keeps changing until it's finally right.

Now I can't show you a screen shot 'cause my screen shot comes out black where the field is. Oh, boy. hahahaha

Last edited by zappa1; 04-05-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #370
zappa1
All Star Starter

I know what you mean by the red dot, too. I clicked on HP once and the red dot appeared out by SS. hahah That's why I say I think it needs some work still. Oh, well later.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #371
zappa1
All Star Starter

Ok I've the grid set for 70-87 Fenway. I go to play a game to check it out and I'm missing player tokens. I've got half a pitcher, a centerfielder and a rightfielder. That's it. Now when I click to do a play, the other tokens appear and then disappear while they are moving around. Weird. Never saw this before. Kinda eerie. Even spooky. Ghost like. They are there and then they are not and then there again as they move.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #372
adion
All Star Starter

War Memorial Stadium & Fenway

Here is Silvam's War Memorial Stadium Buffalo NY.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1ut...s_and_3D_crowd
Attached Images

Last edited by adion; 04-05-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #373
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:

I can't get this work at all any more. I used to be able to click on the bases and get the dots. Now I don't get dots no matter where I click. When I was able to get dots, I used the procedure that comes in the game but it never worked right. You say HP-1, 1st-2 & 2nd-3 then 4.(not 1st, 2nd & 3rd) I was going to try that but since I can't get any dots I can't see if it works. Also, when I do the 1,2,3,4 thing to start the process with out opening this screen (Last line in the photo) the whole park disappears. Could I have screwed something up when I added the background?
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #374
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is Silvam's War Memorial Stadium Buffalo NY.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1ut...s_and_3D_crowd

Looks great. Did you hide the entire roof in order to get that shot? Doesn't look like there is a roof in right field

Old 04-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #375
adion
All Star Starter

No. I didn't mess with the roof. I just fooled around with view settings until had the this view from between a section on the roof and a pillar then zoomed in with one click on my mouse wheels.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #376
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
I can't get this work at all any more. I used to be able to click on the bases and get the dots. Now I don't get dots no matter where I click. When I was able to get dots, I used the procedure that comes in the game but it never worked right. You say HP-1, 1st-2 & 2nd-3 then 4.(not 1st, 2nd & 3rd) I was going to try that but since I can't get any dots I can't see if it works. Also, when I do the 1,2,3,4 thing to start the process with out opening this screen (Last line in the photo) the whole park disappears. Could I have screwed something up when I added the background?

I don't think you screwed anything up. All the other parks work. I just keep tryin' to make it work. I think the grid thing needs work itself. Also, when park disappears, I just reload a new copy and try again. It does get frustrating. Took me 7 times to get the Fenway one right. I was determined. Kept on doing it until I got it. The tokens are goofy, now. I'll try out your new version when it's ready.

Last edited by zappa1; 04-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #377
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't think you screwed anything up. All the other parks work. I just keep tryin' to make it work. I think the grid thing needs work itself. Also, when park disappears, I just reload a new copy and try again. It does get frustrating. Took me 7 times to get the Fenway one right. I was determined. Kept on doing it until I got it. The tokens are goofy, now. I'll try out your new version when it's ready.
Did the grid fit in all ways including by the walls and flush with the field when you got it work? I tried many time clicking on HP and the bases but never got a dot. When I did this in 17 it worked.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #378
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did the grid fit in all ways including by the walls and flush with the field when you got it work? I tried many time clicking on HP and the bases but never got a dot. When I did this in 17 it worked.

The only thing I can think of for you to check is to look in sketchup st the ones that are problems and see where the axis is set to. Sometime when flipping faces, you can inadvertently set the axis to somewhere other than home plate. I think this could cause an issue. Give it a look

Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #379
goreds05
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great job. Really liking the background you used here and with old Fenway.
goreds05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #380
adion
All Star Starter

I just checked in Sketchup. The axes is where it should be