Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
kuma78
Major Leagues

Historical Simulation Settings Questions

Hey guys,

I am wanting to dive into the historical replay concepts, but I've never had quite the results I was looking for. I wanted to see if someone was willing to trade some PM's or bounce some answers back in this thread on some settings questions / recommendations based on what I'm looking to accomplish.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

I'll help out however I can. Just ask!
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
kuma78
Major Leagues

I'm looking to start a historical sim and use random player debuts, but I don't want to modifiers or league settings to change. In other words, I want current settings in terms of offensive production and have it stay constant for the entire sim.

I want to see how someone like Ty Cobb does in today's world and simulate 100+ years and see who holds the records.

I also do not want stats prior to my start factored in for records.

Finally, I want to create my team names. Looking for just 16 teams with 3 levels of minors, OR whatever number of teams would be best for this type of sim.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
masterjack
Bat Boy

I have been trying to figure out the same thing forever. Historical replay since 1901 with modern day stat settings that never change. League evolution as per history (expansion etc) as well as financials that evolve as per history. Any ideas?
masterjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Just make all the values in ERA_stats the same other than year. Choose any year you like for the base.

The modifiers will change automagically to get your yearly totals to match your new ERA_Stats file as closely as possible using the mix of players currently in your game.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

When you start a random debut league all players begin with zero stats, so you don't have to worry about players having prior histories.

I currently have a random debut league in which it's always 1964.

To start in say 2014 ( recommend starting in 2014 or earlier as a 2015 start provides 1.000's for pitcher stamina, Groundball % Wild Pitches, Balks and so on and so) just select 2014 from the historical wizard. Select the option to a use random players from all eras instead of real rosters. You can also select minimum and maximum years(I always choose 1901 as a minimum, because I don't like how the pre 1900 pitchers translate to modern times).

Follow the wizard and you will have yourself a random debut league. What follows is what I do to maintain the same season year after year.

What I do once the season starts is to uncheck the box for Automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy box. I also uncheck the box for automatically adjust league strategy when advancing to next season. I like to maintain the same year financially as well, so I uncheck the box to import yearly financials as well. I then play my season, go through the off season and proceed to the preseason. When I get to a day or two before the season starts, I check the box for "automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy" and change the modifiers year back to the year I always want it to be(in my case it's 1964). OOTP will perform the calculations and set everything to your selected year. Once OOTP performs the calculations, I once again uncheck the "adjust totals modifiers for accuracy" box and I'm ready to play my season.

I do this process prior to every season.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote