Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 12-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Michael Spinks

In my posts below, I discuss making Michael Spinks a CrusierWeight, he dominated my CW division, by so much, I made minor changes to his numbers, then drastic ones, until he went down to an 8 overall rating, and he still beats everyone, anyone have a clue as to what's going on with my Spinks file, it's unbeatable no matter the numbers, I put his power at Zero, and low numbers all around and he still wins, I would love to rank him at CW but no matter what I place his numbers at he does not lose, what can be done with this file.
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

If you attach the file you've created I'll be happy to have a look at it for you.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Michael Spinks File

thanks Bob, here is the Michael Spinks CW file I created, using his HW & LHW stats as a guide, I just averaged them out for the CW file, but again, he dominated everyone in my top 10, and I had Marciano, Clay, Charles, Dempsey, Holyfiled, Toney, Fitzsimmons and others, I also tested him against my regular CWs like Gomez, Jirov and a couple of others, oh and Gene Tunney, he flat out dominated each bout, I changed the stats in several categories to lower him to an 8, he still beat them, the only bout he lost was against Ali fighting him as a CW against HW Ali, and he did not lose by a lot, so I am baffled about this file, it's one that I got from the forums, from I think DJD, I have yet to fight him using his HW and LHW files, but not I'm wondering if those are Super files also, I will have to test them out.

I just made a brand new Michael Spinks CW file all to itself, instead of creating it within his LHW & HW ratings, and he is a 12 overall and makes it up to 5th now on my CW list, and just barely beating a couple of the guys under him, so to me that's a bit more realistic.

This is the 1st time I've encountered, I guess what I would call a Super file for a fighter, not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen or not.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Spinks_Michael.tbdx3 (2.4 KB, 115 views)
Old 12-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

I do not know how you've make adjustments when rating others at crusierweight, but Spinks rating lends itself well to being very dominate.

If this alone is the only DJD created file you are using that may explain it as his ratings differ, particularly in the use of 3-point punches to official ratings.

Like you have already done, I would use others ratings as a base for your own until you achieve results you find realistic and acceptable.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
bear
Global Moderator

This file includes a CW rating for Spinks done by John Dewey
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Spinks_Michael_CW_Retired_Prime.tbdx3 (2.6 KB, 137 views)

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #6
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Bear!

thank you for the Spinks file from John, it's one of the CW files i could not find of his, I ended up making my own Spinks file at CW, as I mentioned, I made it separate from his HW & LHW file, then it seemed to work fine, the file I posted here also as I mentioned, I changed the settings in that file, to lower him to an 8, I changed different ratings, more than once to lower his overall rating with that file, still he dominated everyone, I could possibly see it happening the way the file originally started out, but how could this file still dominate as an 8, after lower and changing many numbers within the file to get it down to 8, it made no difference in his results, that was the odd part, and I do use other files from DJD, but I usually adjust them slightly when I do.

My Spinks CW file was very similar to John Deweys file, I did some slight adjustments to my created file using some of his numbers, but I've done a lot of research on Spinks, and kept at least half of the numbers I had decided upon for him after watching many fights of his and a lot of other research, `John's file has an overall 11 rating, mine is a 12, but all the numbers are very close.

I just think something is wrong with the file I posted here, even when making changes it still over performs, thanks a lot for your help and thank you for posting that file from John Dewey, i had searched everywhere here and could not find anymore of his CW files than he had already left in his CW thread, I am not finished with my top 25 Crusierweights of all time, i ended with 35 overall in the rankings, I will be replaying a few of Spinks fights to see if my adjusted ratings using some of John's numbers will change the out come of any of his major fights in my CW Universe.

I will be posting my CW files I created here in the coming days and my results of my top 25. I am doing every Division and have so far finished LW, JWW, JMW & HW and now CW.

thanks again!