Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #1141
alec_shultz5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Re-Opening OOTP

I seem to be having troubles opening up OOTP after I minimize the screen. Every time I minimize the screen, and try and open up OOTP again, a small status bar shows up in the upper left hand corner but the game doesn't actually open. Any help? I'm forced to quit the game and end up losing some of my progress a majority of the time.
alec_shultz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #1142
Goreds1994
Bat Boy

Not able to exercise options

Every year after I end the playoffs and get the messages about option decisions to make I can never get the them to work. When I click on respond to message it says this message has expired. Any fix on this?

Last edited by Goreds1994; 05-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Goreds1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #1143
ctorg
Global Moderator

Game counts HS/College stats toward MLB totals

It occurs to me now that I should post about this here. I just posted on the main discussion board. This is a fairly major issue. The game is counting HS/College stats generated for amateur draft players as part of their major league totals. I noticed this last year and noted it, but not very loudly. This really should be fixed!

See my thread here for details: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wards-mlb.html

I will upload my dat files and post the name here shortly, but this is not specific to this one league. It seems to happen in any league I run, as it did last year.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #1144
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
It occurs to me now that I should post about this here. I just posted on the main discussion board. This is a fairly major issue. The game is counting HS/College stats generated for amateur draft players as part of their major league totals. I noticed this last year and noted it, but not very loudly. This really should be fixed!

See my thread here for details: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wards-mlb.html

I will upload my dat files and post the name here shortly, but this is not specific to this one league. It seems to happen in any league I run, as it did last year.
The dat file for this league is AltWorld.lg.20150510.zip.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #1145
sthorn
Bat Boy

FA Issues

Christian Vazquez of the Red Sox didn't show up on the arbitration screen for some reason (maybe because he was injured with TJ surgery?) and then became a free agent. This isn't right.
sthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #1146
The Game
Hall Of Famer

All HOF Eliglible Players being Dropped from HOF Ballot

2 years in a row this happened. Both years there were at least 5 players that should have warranted some votes.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3866458

Should I upload the .dats for this league?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 05-10-2015 at 12:53 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #1147
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Hall of Fame voting isn't working correctly when using more then one league the AI won't vote for players who've played in multiple leagues. The AI needs to look at only the stats and service years from the league the player is on the ballot on.

This is near game breaking (at least for those who like seeing players make the HOF) since no players ever make the HOF.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 05-10-2015 at 11:03 PM.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #1148
sea
Bat Boy

David wright disappeared from my line up, not roster. Also gets 20+ ABs a game http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...eup-sceen.html

Last edited by sea; 05-10-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: buried the lead
sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #1149
quickstep76
Minors (Single A)

pitchers not tiring after rain delays

Running the latest patch..

Had a 75 minute rain delay in the 3rd inning when my pitcher had 30 pitches. Was able to get the normal 110 pitches out of him before he got tired into the 7th inning.
Present day roster set, Jon Lester.
This same roster set with an earlier patch had the pitcher get tired after a similar rain delay. Not sure if something was introduced with the latest patch...
quickstep76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #1150
wcb231
Bat Boy

disregard, for I am an idiot.

Last edited by wcb231; 05-11-2015 at 12:55 AM.
wcb231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:55 AM   #1151
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
2 years in a row this happened. Both years there were at least 5 players that should have warranted some votes.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3866458

Should I upload the .dats for this league?
I'm having an issue where the candidate pools are not being repopulated every year as they would be in real life. I've just gone three straight years with no players added, and the upcoming years show few candidates-to-be, even though there are plenty of retired players who would at least make the ballot in real life.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:52 AM   #1152
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec_shultz5 View Post
I seem to be having troubles opening up OOTP after I minimize the screen. Every time I minimize the screen, and try and open up OOTP again, a small status bar shows up in the upper left hand corner but the game doesn't actually open. Any help? I'm forced to quit the game and end up losing some of my progress a majority of the time.
That's an available RAM issue that may have something to do with your browser. I get it from time to time when chrome has too many tabs open. Close tabs and shut down some programs to see if that helps.

You can get the game to show by going into task manager, right clicking on OOTP and clicking bring to front.

No guarantees but it works for me.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 05-11-2015 at 07:36 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #1153
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
The dat file for this league is AltWorld.lg.20150510.zip.
I don't see your files on our server. Can you try uploading again, please? Thanks
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #1154
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Don't remember if I posted this (or if I read this somewhere), but posting it again just in case.

All-Star opponent listed as the team he played on.
Attached Images
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #1155
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Words getting cut off
Attached Images
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #1156
As834625
Bat Boy

I just started playing this weekend and am addicted. Unfortunately, my game froze last night and am I still unable to open or play. I reinstalled but it still does not open (it loads and then goes into 'not responding'). When I try to reopen the error message states: "OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. OOTP will reset the graphics settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Game Preferences dialog." Any clue what I can do here?
As834625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #1157
allan_maglalang
Bat Boy

Game Crash During Amateur Draft

Hello,

I'm a new user.

During the amateur draft, when I try and sim to my next pick, sim the cpu's current pic, or sim the entire draft, the game freezes and crashes.

My league file uploaded to the support server is named: MaglalangAllanBlueJays.zip

Thanks.
allan_maglalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #1158
TomVeal
All Star Starter

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

In GM-only mode, it appears that the GM's ability to change lineups and depth charts for minor league teams is controlled by the characteristics of the Major League manager. If he won't allow changes, none can be made anywhere in the organization. If he will, changes are possible at every level. In each case, the characteristics of the minor league manager seem to have no influence.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #1159
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

In Major League Baseball Dreams (MLBD) online league, I've seen a problem with a few players being released incorrectly. In two cases a player was released before his DFA time was up. One of them was a Waive/DFA, the other was a trade gain who was still in DFA. In both cases they had 8-10 days of DFA time but the AI released them while the sim was running. These were released when using the automator demote/release < X day box checked. Set for 7 days, and DFA time remaining was greater than that.

The last sim we just had a prospect retire. A good young prospect. I know minor league retirements happen all the time, however, looking at transactions and his history, on the same day, he first became a minor league FA (by magic), and then immediately retired. This seems like an error.

3yrs, 157 days professional time, zero ML time, zero secondary roster time, not arbitration eligible, 3 options remaining, NOT MINOR LEAGUE FREE AGENCY ELIGIBLE.
I can provide a saved have to review transactions if that would help. Below is a screen image of his history (which seems impossible give the contract data):

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM

Last edited by CT-Sox-Fan; 05-13-2015 at 03:24 PM.
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #1160
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Went to play out a game. The starting pitcher listed had a six day injury issue that did not require him to be put onto the DL. The lineup screen came up without any pitcher listed (I'm playing as GM with manager in control of pitching). Clicked start game and the "ERROR No Starting Pitcher!" popup appeared. Clicked OK and the game crashed.
Attached Images
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote