Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #61
MrWideFrame
Minors (Triple A)

Do these work with the 2014 roster?
MrWideFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #62
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWideFrame View Post
Do these work with the 2014 roster?
I do not know. The first several draft classes in the MLB Quickstart are hard-coded, so you would not see any of my names until after you get past them. I never play the MLB Quickstart past the current season, so I have not tested it.

Re-importing nicknames does not work on the MLB Quickstart, so maybe none of the names do. Someone else will have to test this.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #63
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Question QD, at the start of my universe I inadvertently used the 1870's segregated file rather than the QD integrated one. I noticed my mistake after the initial player allocation draft(not the 1st year draft) and simply went and swapped out the world default files.My question is will it take eventually( either with this or the next 1st year draft) or will my league be paleface central for its entirety.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #64
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Question QD, at the start of my universe I inadvertently used the 1870's segregated file rather than the QD integrated one. I noticed my mistake after the initial player allocation draft(not the 1st year draft) and simply went and swapped out the world default files.My question is will it take eventually( either with this or the next 1st year draft) or will my league be paleface central for its entirety.
It should....

Only difference in the two files is the 1870 one has an extra country called "America" that only generates African Americans and the USA and some other countries that normally produce African-American names do not.

Re-importing the QD_world_default.xml SHOULD fix the segregation issues for all the countries, but you will still have the country "America" in your game, but it won't hurt anything if you don't assign it a percentage in player origins.

To make sure everything is kosher, go the Game Menu -> Explore World and click on the United States. Then click on the Nation Editor tab and see what the Language Information is. If it is US (Modern) 88, Hispanic 2 and US (Historical) 10, everything is fine. If it only says US (Modern) 100, the re-import did not work.

P.S> Let me know if it worked or not. I can help you get rid of the color line even if it did not.

Last edited by Questdog; 05-05-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #65
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
It should....

Only difference in the two files is the 1870 one has an extra country called "America" that only generates African Americans and the USA and some other countries that normally produce African-American names do not.

Re-importing the QD_world_default.xml SHOULD fix the segregation issues for all the countries, but you will still have the country "America" in your game, but it won't hurt anything if you don't assign it a percentage in player origins.

To make sure everything is kosher, go the Game Menu -> Explore World and click on the United States. Then click on the Nation Editor tab and see what the Language Information is. If it is US (Modern) 88, Hispanic 2 and US (Historical) 10, everything is fine. If it only says US (Modern) 100, the re-import did not work.

P.S> Let me know if it worked or not. I can help you get rid of the color line even if it did not.
I re-imported the world_default file from the database tools in the game settings section. At re-import it asked if I wanted to just add what was missing or do a complete change, I went for the complete change and it seems to have worked because I now have the 88,2 10. I'll make a backup and run through a few seasons now to see if all is well.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #66
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Will your 2015 Update work with OOTP14?
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #67
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Will your 2015 Update work with OOTP14?
Yes.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #68
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how I missed this all these years but thanks again!
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #69
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, color me as now I don't know if my game has properly loaded the name files or not. This is what the language section of the United States looks like in my nations editor. Have I done something wrong? Other than a few odd accents over some players (I think a carryover from my original creation) the names all look like I expect them to look.
Attached Images
Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #70
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Okay, color me as now I don't know if my game has properly loaded the name files or not. This is what the language section of the United States looks like in my nations editor. Have I done something wrong? Other than a few odd accents over some players (I think a carryover from my original creation) the names all look like I expect them to look.
You have the game's original world_default.xml file loaded.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #71
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have the game's original world_default.xml file loaded.
Arggh....well after the new patch (our beta) I took the Database file that I had copied over and then pasted it back in after the game booted up, but did NOT open a database per Andreas instructions. So what now? I need to re-import? I don't understand why the copy and paste didn't work when I never went past the opening screen.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #72
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure what I'm seeing after your comment. Your world default is smaller, right? I just compared your files and looked into my directory and this is what I see. The old file is the larger one, yet I'm seeing the old file configurations?? It looks to me as if your file is the one the game is using, according to the database folder. I'll defer to your wisdom. You're the expert here. What's going on?
Attached Images
Old 05-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #73
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure what I'm seeing after your comment. Your world default is smaller, right? I just compared your files and looked into my directory and this is what I see. The old file is the larger one, yet I'm seeing the old file configurations?? It looks to me as if your file is the one the game is using, according to the database folder. I'll defer to your wisdom. You're the expert here. What's going on?
Did you re-import it?
If so, did you pick to change everything or just the new stuff (choose everything).

Re-importing my file over the original will not give you my file, but a hybrid of the two. If you choose to change everything on import, you will have all of my file plus the countries in the default that I do not have. The USA should be changed, however, and yours is not.

P.S. The game only reads these files at creation or on a re-import. Once the game is going, it does not matter what is in your data directory.

Last edited by Questdog; 05-06-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #74
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, did the re-import of the xml and the names. I see the 88.2 now...

And now back to the flag thing...they're all blown up now. Way to fix that?

Nevermind. Saw the PT. Thanks. Back at ya next hiccup.

Last edited by endgame; 05-06-2014 at 11:57 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #75
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, did the re-import of the xml and the names. I see the 88.2 now...

And now back to the flag thing...they're all blown up now. Way to fix that?

Nevermind. Saw the PT. Thanks. Back at ya next hiccup.
For those without access to the PT's, when you re-import the world_default.xml, the country flags can blow up like big balloons. If you close the game and restart, everything will be fine.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #76
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

QD, do we need to reinstall and/or re-import the files after patching?
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #77
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

You need to re-install them to use them in any new games you create, but you do not need to re-import them into a game that already had them before the patch.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #78
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

QD, is there is a reason why you weighted the English (20) first names in your 1870 file, but not in your 1970 or 2000 files? Please see attached zipped Excel file.

PVT English Names.zip

EDIT: Also, are the 1970 and 2000 files for English names supposed to be identical?

Last edited by chucksabr; 05-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #79
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
QD, is there is a reason why you weighted the English (20) first names in your 1870 file, but not in your 1970 or 2000 files? Please see attached zipped Excel file.

Attachment 340552

EDIT: Also, are the 1970 and 2000 files for English names supposed to be identical?
The English first names in the 1870 file are mine, but are just a copy of the US (Modern) names. The English first names in the 1970 and 2000 sets are the default ones and not mine. See the first post for sets that I did and sets that are default ones.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #80
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The English first names in the 1870 file are mine, but are just a copy of the US (Modern) names. The English first names in the 1970 and 2000 sets are the default ones and not mine. See the first post for sets that I did and sets that are default ones.
I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you're trying to say in this answer to my post. Is the bottom line that you have revised English first names only for 1870, but you use the game default for English first names in 1970 and 2000?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote