Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Help needed in setting up a very futuristic World

I am a serious Star Trek/Star Wars fan. From reading the little factoids, it is stated that on one of the episodes of STNG, they have a brief discussion of someone breaking The Hitting streak for a London team in the future. I think that is awesome but it made me think of something that could be seriously fun.

I have been contemplating doing a Dynasty set the Star Trek Universe but just naming the teams for place/cities from that universe would not just be the same.

I am not good at editing/making new files for this game and I am wondering if there is anyone out there that does this stuff regularly, would be willing to develope a World file that would be for many differnt planets/culutures that are in the Star Trek/Wars universe.

I am not sure this is possible but think it would be awesome to set up a very futuristic world, competitions could be between different Alien races as well as colonies of Humans thorough out the galaxy.

If someone could help me out, am still using 13 for a while, monentary reason as in between jobs right now, and would love to see if this could be done.

Thanks for any help.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfsutton View Post
I am a serious Star Trek/Star Wars fan. From reading the little factoids, it is stated that on one of the episodes of STNG, they have a brief discussion of someone breaking The Hitting streak for a London team in the future. I think that is awesome but it made me think of something that could be seriously fun.

I have been contemplating doing a Dynasty set the Star Trek Universe but just naming the teams for place/cities from that universe would not just be the same.

I am not good at editing/making new files for this game and I am wondering if there is anyone out there that does this stuff regularly, would be willing to develope a World file that would be for many differnt planets/culutures that are in the Star Trek/Wars universe.

I am not sure this is possible but think it would be awesome to set up a very futuristic world, competitions could be between different Alien races as well as colonies of Humans thorough out the galaxy.

If someone could help me out, am still using 13 for a while, monentary reason as in between jobs right now, and would love to see if this could be done.

Thanks for any help.
I emailed you.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I emailed you.
Hmm. I have a very similar endeavor - I want to play my next fantasy league in a universe, far, far away (the EVE universe, though) and want to try how to do offer an online league with a "total conversion" for that place and cultural background.

It's a huge amount of work, since I'd need to change nearly everything and make it fit the New Eden universe.

Is anybody interested (and talented somewhat in either graphics, text or simply administrating OOTP) in helping?

It's going to take a while, as I am a working dad, so don't expect any immediate results ;-).
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I'll do the facegens if you want. Just send me a link. Never heard of EVE and still not sure hat it is after Googling it. I am guessing it's a game. I have a ton of Star wars, Star Trek and anything else weird.

Last edited by The Game; 04-29-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
Hmm. I have a very similar endeavor - I want to play my next fantasy league in a universe, far, far away (the EVE universe, though) and want to try how to do offer an online league with a "total conversion" for that place and cultural background.

It's a huge amount of work, since I'd need to change nearly everything and make it fit the New Eden universe.

Is anybody interested (and talented somewhat in either graphics, text or simply administrating OOTP) in helping?

It's going to take a while, as I am a working dad, so don't expect any immediate results ;-).
I also noticed a city XML editor on OOTPMods.com
Others | OOTPMODS.COM
I dont have Excel and dont want to try this yet in Open Office. My league keeps getting converted from 11 which means i have 11, 12, 13 and soon 14 all on my PC along with 2 other GB consuming games. Depending on how extensive it is I could possibly make the league for you using the txts on 11 and then convert it to 13 and you will have to convert it to 14.
My league mirrors RL cities and nations with names and sometimes population changed. This could be doable
Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

At home I am using OpenOffice as well - never had any problems... yet. ;-)

Currently I am looking into the names... and well, basically all other files. There is so much you can change :/.

In terms of locations I am thinking systems as cities, rather than planetary locations, not sure how to divide the nations (and subraces, and pirate factions etc.).

In my head I have a little flavor text about "Spaceball", and how this game may have evolved in those 10K years or so since, they played in the MLB ;-). As I said before, it's going to take a little while, though.

What you have done with that map/in the EVE universe up to this point (Baseball-wise).

Terribly tired, so please excuse if I come across a bit disjointed, mentally.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
At home I am using OpenOffice as well - never had any problems... yet. ;-)

Currently I am looking into the names... and well, basically all other files. There is so much you can change :/.

In terms of locations I am thinking systems as cities, rather than planetary locations, not sure how to divide the nations (and subraces, and pirate factions etc.).

In my head I have a little flavor text about "Spaceball", and how this game may have evolved in those 10K years or so since, they played in the MLB ;-). As I said before, it's going to take a little while, though.

What you have done with that map/in the EVE universe up to this point (Baseball-wise).

Terribly tired, so please excuse if I come across a bit disjointed, mentally.
I Googled EVE and came across that map. if ya need help let me know I love creating new universes.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I Googled EVE and came across that map. if ya need help let me know I love creating new universes.
Ah, okay. The map is not a problem at all - especially since I plan to start small. The colorful regions are pretty much the Wild West of Eve. Not where civilized people would follow a pro league ;-).

But yes, I'd very much appreciate your help - will pm you with what I have in mind. It certainly would help to have somebody much more familiar with OOTP and Baseball on board.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #9
Kiwifan
Minors (Double A)

Hey, I am also an EVE fan and have thought about combing EVE and OOTP as well. I even saw a post about it on the EVE forums.

The way that I have though about doing it is to seperate the four Empires into "Nations." (editing the world file) Collect only a few of the names of systems (treated as you say like cities in OOTP). I would perhaps only use enough for the league ie work out how many levels of minor leagues you wanted.

The hard part is the naming as I don't think they have a very developed language system in EVE. What I have thought about doing is going to the online agent finder - EVE Agents - EVE-Online Agent finder and working through creating a name file for each of the four empires based on the names used for NPC agents.

Setting the four empires to have eve relevant ethnicities - ie Achura are Asian looking as are Jin-mei and Vheirkor, Brutor are African and ni-Kunni or Khanid are middle-eastern or possibly hispanic.

The easier way of doing it would be to chose an already exisiting ehtnicity and then use that - but then you would have names that would not be very realistic to EVE.

I would be prepared to help out but it would be a pretty massive project.

Last edited by Kiwifan; 10-19-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Kiwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:15 AM   #10
Kiwifan
Minors (Double A)

Sorry elfsutton - I kind of hijacked your thread, I have a started one if people are intereseted in an EVE/OOTP league - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-baseball.html
Kiwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:26 AM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

post deleted. Did not notice this was an old thread.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 10-19-2014 at 03:27 AM.