Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Staff issue

I wanted to hire more trainers.

When I tried, the hire as trainer was greyed out. (So then I am assume FHM5 only allows/makes use of one trainer).
But I can hire a trainer into another position (like a scout for example) and then change their title back to trainer and it works.

Does FHM5 take advantage of more than one trainer?
Would be cool to have specific titles like Head Equipment Trainer, Assistant Trainer, and maybe even Team Doctors have an affect on FHM5's simulation engine (player recovery speed etc.).
daigle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle91 View Post
I wanted to hire more trainers.

When I tried, the hire as trainer was greyed out. (So then I am assume FHM5 only allows/makes use of one trainer).

But I can hire a trainer into another position (like a scout for example) and then change their title back to trainer and it works.

Does FHM5 take advantage of more than one trainer?

Would be cool to have specific titles like Head Equipment Trainer, Assistant Trainer, and maybe even Team Doctors have an affect on FHM5's simulation engine (player recovery speed etc.).

Had same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, only one trainer, any more beyond that does nothing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
COMarc
Bat Boy

Interesting. I was just trying to figure this out in my new game.

Looks like all of the coaching positions work this way. I.e., there are the defined positions, and one coach gets assigned to each, and any other coaches on the staff are wasted.

At least, that was my guess from the way the UI was organized and by burning incense over the monitor that displayed the online-manual and searching for patterns in the smoke for clues.
COMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, that's not how it works for coaches. The specialized coaching positions have the largest effect on their area of expertise, but the head coach and the other coaches (usually the ones highest-rated in that area) also contribute.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:19 AM   #6
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yah, this medical staff is someting I am missing.

Something disturbing, ice hockey without medical staff and department? - Hey OOTP, you've actually forgotten to include something important in the game.
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #7
VinCal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hire new head coach

I just reassigned my head coach to being a scout and want to hire a new head coach but any coach I try to hire Head Coach is greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
VinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templer View Post
Something disturbing, ice hockey without medical staff and department? - Hey OOTP, you've actually forgotten to include something important in the game.
To me, this doesn't seem a game-breaker. A team's doctor has the task to heal your players, at this point it's something the game can take care of "automatically".
Of course, it would be nice to have more depth here, like a full medical center in FM-style, but based where the game is now, I think that other areas require more attention from the devs for now.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:45 AM   #9
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

I fired a trainer and hired another one with a 'very good' rating. The problem is that i can 'assign' him as a trainer but the position in the staff page is not filled and is still blank, like there is no trainer. Any help?

Thanks, gerry
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #10
redtiger7
All Star Starter

My trainer disapeared in teh off season (no retirement e-mail) When I went to hire a new one, there were no free agents with any trainer rating higher than 0 and nobody listed with the trainer job title.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:09 PM   #11
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
My trainer disapeared in teh off season (no retirement e-mail) When I went to hire a new one, there were no free agents with any trainer rating higher than 0 and nobody listed with the trainer job title.

I mentioned it already but obviously it went MIA.....in historical mode from a certain year on, iirc middle of the 80´s, no more trainers are available, no new ones are popping up so every team with a retiring trainer is screwed

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote