Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Where should I make changes to my team? (DL)

I've won my division the past couple season in diamond league. I haven't gotten any new players to add to my team in like 5-6 seasons, until today, I pulled Gerrit Cole and Joe Torre... here is how my team looks, where should I try to upgrade.

SP-
Chris Sale 100
Justin Verlander 96
Gerrit Cole 93
Blake Snell 92
Steven Strasburg 90

Pen-
Michael Kopech 80
Josh Hader 80
Larry Dierker 83 (sometimes move him to the rotation, until the Cole pull)
Trevor Hoffman 84
James Paxton 89
Patrick Corbin 89
CL- Doolittle 89

Team / Backup

C Mike Lieberthal 85 / Wilson Ramos 83
1B Kris Bryant 94 / Joey Votto 83
2B Ben Zobrist 81 / Joey
3B Frank Baker 90 / Joey
SS Manny Machado 89 / Joey
LF Yasiel Puig 80 / Bryce Harper 86
CF Gary Maddux 85 / Bryce
RF Gavvy Cravath 93 / Al Kaline 84
DH Joe Torre 87 / Al

Only reserves I have that are ok are Suarez (85) and Kaz Sasaki (81).

I don't have a back up infielder, so just have Votto pulling the quad duty. I also don't know who to start out of Puig or Harper (got him a few days ago)... and Joe Torre or Al Kaline at DH.

I could always sell Suarez and Sasaki and Zobrist to put 3000 towards a new 2b?

Any suggestions?
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Well, NIICCCCEEEE
Just pulled Pedro Martinez 96 - how good is he????

And JT Realmuto... should he replace Ramos as the backup C???
and now, record breaker david robertson 87- who to sub

Last edited by acclaim99; 02-25-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Ramos > Realmuto in the game. And Pedro is awesome

You desperately need infield help. Machado is borderline unplayable at SS, but solid at 3B. Fatigue is high in the league, so each infielder needs to sit for ~15 games a season, and I can't imagine how bad 15 games of Bryant at SS or even 2B would hurt you. Doesn't have to be a star, but someone like a Simmons, Tony Fernandez, Rookie Tulo, etc... who can give you gold glove caliber D around the infield. Or if you want more offense, someone like Adames or Bo Bichette are playable as backups.

The back end of the rotation could probably use some help too, as those low diamond live starters are a bit underwhelming. Although with Pedro, now you can run Sale-Pedro-Verlander-Dierker as a strong top-4, so the #5 arm matters less. Bullpen could probably also use a boost - adding in Diaz or Treinen or a good historical closer would do wonders.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Ramos > Realmuto in the game. And Pedro is awesome

You desperately need infield help. Machado is borderline unplayable at SS, but solid at 3B. Fatigue is high in the league, so each infielder needs to sit for ~15 games a season, and I can't imagine how bad 15 games of Bryant at SS or even 2B would hurt you. Doesn't have to be a star, but someone like a Simmons, Tony Fernandez, Rookie Tulo, etc... who can give you gold glove caliber D around the infield. Or if you want more offense, someone like Adames or Bo Bichette are playable as backups.

The back end of the rotation could probably use some help too, as those low diamond live starters are a bit underwhelming. Although with Pedro, now you can run Sale-Pedro-Verlander-Dierker as a strong top-4, so the #5 arm matters less. Bullpen could probably also use a boost - adding in Diaz or Treinen or a good historical closer would do wonders.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #5
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Bought a few more packs with the extras I cards I had selling sitting around, here is what I did:

Hoffman, Sasaki, Zobrist, Hader out
Pedro, Cole, Robertson, Dustin Pedroia in
Harper starting over Puig

See how that runs for now. I don't have any of those high end legend starters quite yet.

Last edited by acclaim99; 02-25-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #6
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'd say that Dierker is better than all of your starters except Sale and he's almost as good. I still have him on both of my perfect league teams.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote