Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Movin' On Up - Anyone in D358???

Seems like just yesterday, I was bouncing around silver league.

Then I managed to reach my first post season in silver, and took home the championship. Then, last year, I was a 2nd wild card, and won that game, swept the next series, then swept the semis, a 8 game winning streak. I took the first two games in the championship running my streak to 10 games... but ended up losing in 7 games.

Anyway, is anyone in Diamond League 358?
I don't feel like my team is in anyway ready for diamond league. Hopefully I'll be able to get over this poor start... but man, no one is starting off hot in batting, and pitching isn't much better..... I am just hoping i can stay in diamond league and not get bounced down until I can get some coins to improve my team!

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I'm currently in D351 (3rd straight in diamond, 4th overall). If you're interested in joining me and a few others in a diamond league next season (assuming the friends feature works), then you can add me. My user name is jenazu.

Hopefully, you can turn things around. Good luck this season!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'm currently in D351 (3rd straight in diamond, 4th overall). If you're interested in joining me and a few others in a diamond league next season (assuming the friends feature works), then you can add me. My user name is jenazu.

Hopefully, you can turn things around. Good luck this season!
Pretty sure I just sent you a friend request, I just don't know how to pull up the friend list in game.... or where that setting is to team up next division...
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
Pretty sure I just sent you a friend request, I just don't know how to pull up the friend list in game.... or where that setting is to team up next division...
Thanks! I added you too, by the way. Just in case... Orcin had a nice explanation in a thread of his, so I'm going to paste it into here (hopefully Orcin doesn't mind me borrowing this):

You must select "use friends list" as your league placement preference in the PT Settings menu (shown below). If you have trouble getting the preference to stick, try hitting submit and then logging out.

Here are some instructions (thanks, joehart) on adding the friends to your list:

0. Make sure that you have upgraded to version 19.14 build 133 (version # shows at the bottom of the start screen)
1. start Perfect Team
2. click Main,
3. select Perfect Team Universe
4. click the Managers & Rankings tab.
5. Manually type each of the usernames below (one at a time) into the "search user" field and click "apply filter".
6. Click "+add as friend" for the appropriate username (some people will have more than one show up, ex: Orcin and Orcin18).
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Have y'all looked at joining Orcin's mini-whale Diamond League? It is in the same thread.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Have y'all looked at joining Orcin's mini-whale Diamond League? It is in the same thread.

I didn't join because it sounded like I'd not be able to be competitive in that league. I guess I'd need to see what the rosters of some of those diamond teams look like to know for sure, but the thought of joining and promptly getting relegated to gold didn't sound too appealing.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I didn't join because it sounded like I'd not be able to be competitive in that league. I guess I'd need to see what the rosters of some of those diamond teams look like to know for sure, but the thought of joining and promptly getting relegated to gold didn't sound too appealing.
The two teams I have in that Diamond league have 11 pts. and 20 pts. by Orcin's scale. You should at least be able to compete with them.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 PM   #8
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
The two teams I have in that Diamond league have 11 pts. and 20 pts. by Orcin's scale. You should at least be able to compete with them.

My team has 13 pts and by season's end, that probably won't change since I'm earning PP at such a slow rate. So I just might try this league out after all. It could be fun participating with a large number of others active on the forums and if I get clobbered, I'll then be in gold for a while. At the gold level I should have a pretty strong team so I'll earn more PP. So it's starting to seem like a win-win to join.