Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

I had the high bid but it was not the high bid?

this has happened to me twice.

I bid, it shows me as the high bid. There is only one other bid, the one I topped. However, my bid is shown as the highest, but not in gree. I get a message about the other person having a 'higher reserve' or some such.

The bidding ends, my high bid is still highest -- but not green--and nothing happens.

What's going on?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

When you place a bid, its your max bid. Say a card is listed at 1200PP. Someone (A) places a bid of 1700 on it, but it only bids the initial 1200. So its still at 1200 with 1 bid on it from (A)

Now you (B) come along and you bid 1450. The bid now increases to 1450, but its still for (A) because their bid of 1700 is more than yours of 1450.

If you then decide to bid 1750, the bid will increase to 1750 and now you (B) will have the highest bid.

basically you did not bid high enough and someone had already bid higher than you, it just made their bid match yours.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
When you place a bid, its your max bid. Say a card is listed at 1200PP. Someone (A) places a bid of 1700 on it, but it only bids the initial 1200. So its still at 1200 with 1 bid on it from (A)

Now you (B) come along and you bid 1450. The bid now increases to 1450, but its still for (A) because their bid of 1700 is more than yours of 1450.

If you then decide to bid 1750, the bid will increase to 1750 and now you (B) will have the highest bid.

basically you did not bid high enough and someone had already bid higher than you, it just made their bid match yours.
How is this done? I don't see this as an option.

And how do I see the 'real' bid of 1700 so I know how much to bid. This seems unnecessarily confusing.

Last edited by Leo_The_Lip; 01-14-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
How is this done? I don't see this as an option.

And how do I see the 'real' bid of 1700 so I know how much to bid. This seems unnecessarily confusing.
You don't see the high bid.You just have to bid high enough and hope that it's enough. Basically you only pay the price of the 2nd place bid when you win an auction.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You don't see the high bid.You just have to bid high enough and hope that it's enough. Basically you only pay the price of the 2nd place bid when you win an auction.
Okay

How do I do this to someone else?

And, again, this makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Last edited by Leo_The_Lip; 01-14-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Okay

What do you mean by that?

When you bid an amount, if that's higher than the previous high bid, then it will say that, but you won't be required to pay that full amount.
So let's say Acuna is for sale on the auction block with a list price of 1500. If you bid 2500, then the bid will be accepted and it will show 1500(2500), meaning that if the auction ended right now, you would pay 1500 and have 1000 returned to your account. If someone else comes in and bids 1750, then the current price on him will rise to 1750, but you, as the person who bid 2500, will still be the high bidder.
If someone else comes in and bids 3000, then they become the high bidder. The high bid will be 2500 (your total bid), the 2500 that you committed to him will be returned to you, and you can decide to bid higher, or bid on someone else instead.

*Of note, the bidding similar to how ebay bidding works, so it can be useful to read on that. While it won't be the exact same, it will be similar. See here: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/unders...system-1140186 for an example

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 01-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Okay

And, again, this makes no sense whatsoever to me.
Its a hidden bid. You bid the max/as much as you are willing to pay, but only pay the highest bid. So if no one bids against you then you pay as little as possible. If people bid against you, you pay as high as their bids rise to.

Its quite simple actually.

I think its helps if say there are 8 hours left on an auction, and you want it but you wont be around in 8 hours to bid then/check in on it - so you bid as high as you are willing to pay now (with 8 hours to go), but if you are lucky, you will pay much less if no one else bids
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
Its a hidden bid. You bid the max/as much as you are willing to pay, but only pay the highest bid. So if no one bids against you then you pay as little as possible. If people bid against you, you pay as high as their bids rise to.

Its quite simple actually.

I think its helps if say there are 8 hours left on an auction, and you want it but you wont be around in 8 hours to bid then/check in on it - so you bid as high as you are willing to pay now (with 8 hours to go), but if you are lucky, you will pay much less if no one else bids
For example, there was a Vern Stephens on the auction block last night with a few hours left on him before I went to bed. The base price was 5k on him. I first bid 5500 on him, and became the top bid. Had the auction ended then, I would have paid like 5087 for him, had 413 refunded to me, and that would be that.
But since there were still a few hours left, I upped my bid to 5800, which wouldn't let me pay more, but means if someone else came in under that, I'd still get him. Right before bed, I upped it again to like 6100 just to hopefully secure him. In the end, I won the auction for like 5900, so needed those extra bids or else I would have woken up this morning with all the points back, and no Stephens to add to my lineup.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
What do you mean by that?

When you bid an amount, if that's higher than the previous high bid, then it will say that, but you won't be required to pay that full amount.
So let's say Acuna is for sale on the auction block with a list price of 1500. If you bid 2500, then the bid will be accepted and it will show 1500(2500), meaning that if the auction ended right now, you would pay 1500 and have 1000 returned to your account. If someone else comes in and bids 1750, then the current price on him will rise to 1750, but you, as the person who bid 2500, will still be the high bidder.
If someone else comes in and bids 3000, then they become the high bidder. The high bid will be 2500 (your total bid), the 2500 that you committed to him will be returned to you, and you can decide to bid higher, or bid on someone else instead.

*Of note, the bidding similar to how ebay bidding works, so it can be useful to read on that. While it won't be the exact same, it will be similar. See here: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/unders...system-1140186 for an example

thanks, I had no idea it worked like that. Now it makes sense. I thought it was straight auction bidding with each bid being recorded.

Now I know what to do.

Thanks.