Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2016, 02:14 AM   #261
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
When sorting through players based on their fielding position within the "List All Players" screen, could we sort by PRIMARY position?

I.e., When I want to see all the first baseman in the league, I don't have sort though a bunch of outfielders and infielders who played ONE game a first base.

Hope that makes sense...
Possible with filters, but it's tedious.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #262
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I'd really like to have more positions to choose from. I mean, okay, there are only the nine, but I'd really like to be able to assign and sort by the following as well:

OF - general outfielders (which you can do on some screens, but it'd be nice to just classify backup OFers as OF in general).
IF - for a general IF position (really only 2B/3B/SS because 1B is kind of its own thing)
MI - if you really want to differentiate your 2B/SS from your guys who also fill in at 3rd
13 - Corner IFer
2O - I see a lot of guys in the game who can play some 2nd and some OF
1O - 1B/OF, for those fat guys who can just barely play the field but you don't want to call a DH In 1927.
C1, C3, CO - because dammit, every now and then I use my backup or 3rd string catcher to also back up a position in the field

As it stands now, when you sort by position it is kind of easy to lose track of a guy you've listed primarily as a 2B but who can also play CF and LF in a pinch for your team.The depth charts help a lot, of course, but what if you're filling in for injury? It'd be easier to review your team if you had sorting mechanisms like this.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not

Last edited by kq76; 02-17-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: moved off topic DH posts to their own thread
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #263
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I hope that when baseball becomes totally stupid enough to put the DH in the National League, OOTP will keep this as an option for lovers of the real way baseball was meant to be played. Play with the DH if you like. But don't force me to. Please keep it as an option. Even if baseball puts the DH in 2017. Real baseball as we older fans know it, is coming to a sad end. And that is a shame.
This is the interface thread, not the features thread.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #264
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
OOTP allows you to use 15 man rosters. I have no idea why you think they'd force you to use the DH for a game that simulates all of baseball history, not just the present and future.

I'd really like to have more positions to choose from. I mean, okay, there are only the nine, but I'd really like to be able to assign and sort by the following as well:

OF - general outfielders (which you can do on some screens, but it'd be nice to just classify backup OFers as OF in general).
IF - for a general IF position (really only 2B/3B/SS because 1B is kind of its own thing)
MI - if you really want to differentiate your 2B/SS from your guys who also fill in at 3rd
13 - Corner IFer
2O - I see a lot of guys in the game who can play some 2nd and some OF
1O - 1B/OF, for those fat guys who can just barely play the field but you don't want to call a DH In 1927.
C1, C3, CO - because dammit, every now and then I use my backup or 3rd string catcher to also back up a position in the field

As it stands now, when you sort by position it is kind of easy to lose track of a guy you've listed primarily as a 2B but who can also play CF and LF in a pinch for your team.The depth charts help a lot, of course, but what if you're filling in for injury? It'd be easier to review your team if you had sorting mechanisms like this.
Make the shortlists available from the roster menus, possibly as views, and this would be easily handled. Just add your dual-use players to a shortlist named as you desire, then be able to switch to that list from a roster menu.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #265
edm
All Star Starter

1. Fix constantly having to click "make this work" from the trade screen after entering one of the players profiles then going back.

2. Would love an easier way to cycle through rule 5 eligible players for my team. Maybe by adding a "rule 5" check box under the financial info tab in customize view or adding it as a filter option?

Last edited by edm; 01-24-2016 at 12:48 AM.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #266
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Possible with filters, but it's tedious.
Yeah, I guess just make it less tedious then. Filter by primary position.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #267
BKL
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see the team updated record show up in the scoreboard page (in the mini-box score), after the game is finished. This is helpful because you can look at the scores and immediately comprehend how the win or loss impacted their record relative to other team records they may be chasing (as opposed to having to go to the Standing page, then back to the game scores, etc. to see how the day's game impacted the various teams records).

Last edited by BKL; 01-26-2016 at 01:22 PM.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #268
rdklein
All Star Reserve

College/High School Leagues

I think I've requested this almost ever year since I've been playing:

To authenticate the sim of a High School/College leagues, standings should be sorted by conference or division records... not overall record. Champions should be teams with the best record against other teams in their conference. I wish there was a way to do this in league setup.
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #269
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but having a screen which you could set all of the the pitch counts for your entire staff would be very handy. As it currently stands you can set counts for your starting rotation, but that is all. If you want to limit relievers to a certain amount you have two options. Either drag and drop in the strategy screen(then set count), or go to the player screen and click actions, then set game strategy.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:21 AM   #270
ttaka808
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see consecutive games played and scoreless innings added to the streaks page.
ttaka808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #271
HerbertMcHoover
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaka808 View Post
I would like to see consecutive games played and scoreless innings added to the streaks page.
Yes!!!
HerbertMcHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #272
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

When is 2017 coming out? Usually pre-orders start the last week of Jan.
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #273
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Yeah, I just looked and I got my email confirming my preorder on January 31 last year.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 AM   #274
jdodd17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Umpire

How about umpire age, experience, rating or skills? Worst umpire = many bad calls for example.

Last edited by jdodd17; 01-30-2016 at 09:05 AM.
jdodd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #275
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
2017 comes out the day after December 31, 2016.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #276
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

In the coach/physician screen, an option to view the coaches strategy preferences in a quick breakdown would be awesome. Right now you have to click on every coach to see their strategy pref's. We aren't able to see their ratings, at least show the way they will manage.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:48 AM   #277
Jobermallow
Bat Boy

On the 'back page' button, it would be nice to have a long press let you see the past five to ten pages viewed. Then you don't have to spend time clicking through screens just to get to the one you really want to see. Same for the forward button as well.
Jobermallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #278
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobermallow View Post
On the 'back page' button, it would be nice to have a long press let you see the past five to ten pages viewed. Then you don't have to spend time clicking through screens just to get to the one you really want to see. Same for the forward button as well.
If you click on the upside down pyramid between the back and forward buttons you see the last 15 or so screens and can choose any one of them. Best way to navigate back IMO

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #279
Jobermallow
Bat Boy

Wow, kind of feel dumb for having never pushed that button before. Whoops! Thanks for the heads up- this looks to be exactly like what I want.
Jobermallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #280
gold2rush6
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Disabled List (DL)

Would like to see when replaying a MLB season, the option for putting players on DL, should match what Major League Baseball uses. Including, suspended, restricted and paternity leave lists.
gold2rush6 is offline   Reply With Quote