Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 11-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #301
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross11 View Post
How do you turn on the Automatic Updating?
I think it's on by default, but you can change it in "Options".
Old 11-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #302
FourSixThree
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
I would like to second this one. A high percentage of OOTP users play classic eras in which uniforms styles were completely different, including collars, interlacing, different types of buttons, front pockets, string ties and the like:
I think this has been addressed in the earlier stages of this thread. As far as I understand, some of the coding isn't so simple as every layer must be "hand drawn" into the program.

As much as some of us would like to create uniforms for the earlier years, I don't think Justafan has any plans of adding those layers into this program. I use Gimp to create old jerseys. It's fairly easy once you explore the program and there are plenty of tutorials and templates in these forums, as well as on OOTPmods.com

Hope this helps.
FourSixThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #303
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSixThree View Post
I think this has been addressed in the earlier stages of this thread. As far as I understand, some of the coding isn't so simple as every layer must be "hand drawn" into the program.

As much as some of us would like to create uniforms for the earlier years, I don't think Justafan has any plans of adding those layers into this program. I use Gimp to create old jerseys. It's fairly easy once you explore the program and there are plenty of tutorials and templates in these forums, as well as on OOTPmods.com

Hope this helps.
Well, no, it doesn't help.

Because think about it this way: The reason why so many of us use Ballcap and Jersey Creator is that we aren't smart enough, technically proficient enough, knowledgeable enough about graphics, too time-pressed, or inclined to study graphics programs like GIMP and Paint.net, and their mounds of options and reams of instructions on how to use them for OOTP. I tried it once, and trying to learn it felt like fighting my way out of a barrel of molasses. That's why these programs are a godsend. After all, if we knew how to use those other graphics programs, we wouldn't need jersey and ballcap creator in the first place. So implying that we should get off our duff and just learn it because it's so fairly easy doesn't help!

Justafan has put together a great product. He doesn't have to improve a thing from now on, it's so great, and he has already done so much. But as long as he's taking suggestions for improvements, I thought it would be appropriate to put this one out there. And who knows? Maybe because now he knows there are people out here who would really like to see jersey style options, he starts noodling the idea a bit until one day he gets a brainstorm about how he might effectively implement it, fiddles around with some things, figures out how to get it right and then releases it to the effusive plaudits on the board.

After all, he didn't know people out here wanted Undo/Redo until I asked about it. And now we have it.

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-19-2014 at 10:09 PM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #304
korme
Minors (Single A)

Is there any way you could have the file browser remember your last location when importing a sleeve patch?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #305
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Is there any way you could have the file browser remember your last location when importing a sleeve patch?
I sure can.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:05 AM   #306
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Update Version 1.2.1.0
  • Open File Dialogs now remember last used folder.
  • A few other minor fixes.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #307
FourSixThree
Bat Boy

Quote:
Well, no, it doesn't help.

Because think about it this way: The reason why so many of us use Ballcap and Jersey Creator is that we aren't smart enough, technically proficient enough, knowledgeable enough about graphics, too time-pressed, or inclined to study graphics programs like GIMP and Paint.net, and their mounds of options and reams of instructions on how to use them for OOTP. I tried it once, and trying to learn it felt like fighting my way out of a barrel of molasses. That's why these programs are a godsend. After all, if we knew how to use those other graphics programs, we wouldn't need jersey and ballcap creator in the first place. So implying that we should get off our duff and just learn it because it's so fairly easy doesn't help!

Justafan has put together a great product. He doesn't have to improve a thing from now on, it's so great, and he has already done so much. But as long as he's taking suggestions for improvements, I thought it would be appropriate to put this one out there. And who knows? Maybe because now he knows there are people out here who would really like to see jersey style options, he starts noodling the idea a bit until one day he gets a brainstorm about how he might effectively implement it, fiddles around with some things, figures out how to get it right and then releases it to the effusive plaudits on the board.

After all, he didn't know people out here wanted Undo/Redo until I asked about it. And now we have it.
I didn't mean to come off like I was policing the thread or anything. I'd also love to see those 19th Century additions to the program. While I can do simple things in GIMP and Photoshop, I can't come close to producing the stuff that some of our other Modders can do.

I guess for now, we'll have to depend on submitting requests for our 19th Century needs. Though, I've looked through your Dynasty Report and I'm impressed with the uniforms you've found/created. They report itself is also an excellent read.

Cheers!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #308
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSixThree View Post
I didn't mean to come off like I was policing the thread or anything. I'd also love to see those 19th Century additions to the program. While I can do simple things in GIMP and Photoshop, I can't come close to producing the stuff that some of our other Modders can do.

I guess for now, we'll have to depend on submitting requests for our 19th Century needs. Though, I've looked through your Dynasty Report and I'm impressed with the uniforms you've found/created. They report itself is also an excellent read.

Cheers!
I appreciate the good words about the dynasty. You may have noticed that the uniforms after the early 1900s were done by No Pepper, another guy on the boards, and he did a fantastic job. You can really see the difference between his work, and my work which went before it. Night and day.

No Pepper's wife is giving birth to their first child any day now. Wonderful news, but that also means he is probably going to be largely, if not totally, unavailable for new and updated jerseys and caps. That's why I'm so keen on the Creators. I hope Justafan keeps making style improvements and keeps offering even more options within his fantastic programs.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #309
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

First, AWESOME work, Justafan. Secondly, this thread is going to be stickied, right?

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:35 AM   #310
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

a fewrequests if you have time Great product.

-I was making a mesh style jersey with shoulders and realized the shoulders does not use the texture. So the shoulders are solid and everything else is mesh.
-Can we get an angle for the front jersey image?
-Request a collar logo. I use one of the side logos but i would like to have both my side logos free. And it would be easier to position.
-More sleeve stripe options? Something like from the Steelers jersey.
-edit: When using curved text, sometimes the letters are too spaced out resulting in letters being too small in order to fit. is it possible to adjust that?

I can't thank you enough for these utilities! And yes, this definitely needs stickied!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet

Last edited by jpeters1734; 11-22-2014 at 08:06 AM.
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #311
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
a fewrequests if you have time Great product.

-I was making a mesh style jersey with shoulders and realized the shoulders does not use the texture. So the shoulders are solid and everything else is mesh.
-Request a collar logo. I use one of the side logos but i would like to have both my side logos free. And it would be easier to position.
-edit: When using curved text, sometimes the letters are too spaced out resulting in letters being too small in order to fit. is it possible to adjust that?

I can't thank you enough for these utilities! And yes, this definitely needs stickied!
While you're waiting for this one, I discovered that, if you have PowerPoint 2013, you can create your own jersey text PNG file with much more flexibility than the Creator currently allows.
  • Open a blank sheet, insert a text box and write out the jersey text.
  • Customize the text with fonting, point size, boldness, character spacing, etc. Handle this by calling out the box under Home/Font, clicking the little arrow in the bottom right. Included is Character Spacing.
  • To curve the text, select the text and go to Drawing Tools/Format, select Text Effects/Transform/Follow Path. Resize the adjustable formatting box that surrounds the text left-to-right and up-and-down, for the level of curviness you want. (Careful how small you want to make the curve--if you go too far, you will render the logo upside down.)
  • Open and use Windows's Snipping Tool to create a PNG file of the text, by clicking New and then manually selecting a box area around the text. (Or use any other screen capture program, e.g., Snagit, you might have.)
  • Once captured, press CTRL+C within snipping tool to copy, then go back to the document and CTRL+V to paste it there. The PNG of the jersey text is now back in your PPT document.
  • Double click anywhere on the PNG area to open Picture Tools/Format, and select Remove Background.
  • Pay close attention here: Make sure the entire text is inside the box-within-the-box by adjusting it. The background to be removed will turn magenta, but some letters will also be darker than others. The darker letters will be left behind and the lighter letters will be removed. But you can select "Mark Areas to Keep" from the ribbon and manually touch each lighter letter to make them dark and thus leave them behind as well. Then select Keep Changes under Picture Tools/Format/Background Removal. This will remove the background.
  • Right click on the revised PNG and Save as Picture from context menu to save to a disk or hard drive.
  • Open Jersey Creator, select Logo Source/Image, select Add Image, navigate to wherever use saved the PNG file, and double click the file to add it to the uniform.
  • Season to taste.
That should do it for you.

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-22-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #312
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
While you're waiting for this one, I discovered that, if you have PowerPoint 2013, you can create your own jersey text PNG file with much more flexibility than the Creator currently allows.
Holy crap, why didn't I think of this?! I have been trying and failing at using gimp for my text logos. I am very familiar with office. Awesome idea chuck, thanks!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 11-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #313
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Holy crap, why didn't I think of this?! I have been trying and failing at using gimp for my text logos. I am very familiar with office. Awesome idea chuck, thanks!
Sure thing. I suck at graphics programs, but I rock at two things: (1) Office; and (2) Google (which is how I found out how to do it in Office).

One thing you will notice is that sometimes the result is raggedy looking, so through trial and error, I have found so far that the bigger the text you work on in PowerPoint, the less raggedly it will end up looking when you eventually put it into Creator.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #314
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Here's one more tip for you, something I figured out at the same time:

Someone asked Justafan to allow for no logos on jerseys, which he changed, but he still has not adjusted Ballcap to allow for no logos, which were common until the 1930's. Ballcap opens with the program's default logo on the cap, which you have to replace with another logo, but you cannot remove the logo entirely as you now can with Jersey. (This is something I need for my dynasty, in which I am only now just starting to work on 1926.)

To solve for x here, use the method I describe above to create a see-through logo for ballcaps. Just use Snipping Tool to capture a blank PNG (nothing inside), copy it back into PowerPoint, use the Remove Background process, and save the result as Blank_Logo.png or whatever. Then import that PNG into Ballcap. Voilà: logo-less caps.

Last edited by chucksabr; 11-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #315
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I will fix.

Quote:
I'll think about this one, due to needing room for it.

Quote:
This is where the Extra Layer comes in handy. I made a black and a white Nike layer that you could import.

Quote:
I'm gonna pass on this one.

Quote:
I've mentioned this a few times and I am unable to adjust spacing for curved text without screwing everything else up.

You can't see them but there are two Nike layers below...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by justafan; 11-22-2014 at 04:21 PM.
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #316
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Someone asked Justafan to allow for no logos on jerseys, which he changed, but he still has not adjusted Ballcap to allow for no logos, which were common until the 1930's. Ballcap opens with the program's default logo on the cap, which you have to replace with another logo, but you cannot remove the logo entirely as you now can with Jersey. (This is something I need for my dynasty, in which I am only now just starting to work on 1926.)
Not true, the Ballcap Creator works the same way as the Jersey Creator.

Just select Font as your Logo Source and delete all text from the two textboxes.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #317
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Oops, then never mind. I totally missed that.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #318
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
This is where the Extra Layer comes in handy. I made a black and a white Nike layer that you could import.
Oh snap! I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #319
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Update version 1.2.2.0
  • Moved Texture Layers above Shoulders.
  • Moved Extra Layer above Collar.
  • Added Light Mesh layer.
  • Added Light Cotton Layer.
  • Added controls for light and dark Mesh and Cotton layers.

NOTE: Any saved Jersey Templates that use Texture Layers will need to be loaded, textures adjusted as needed and then saved.
Attached Images
Old 11-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #320
zappa1
All Star Starter

As the man once said. This is unbeeleevable!!! Thank you, justafan. You are more than justafan.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote