Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #21
geckon
Hall Of Famer

But will the face be seen with the helmet? Maybe we could go without helmets too - players are shot like this for teams' webpages etc. I'm all for the jersey and we could try the helmet and see what it looks like.
I'm really interested to see how it works - how much the generated faces are similar to their real world equivalents etc.
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #22
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Sorry - what I meant is that if the Facegen images are perfectly acceptable, is there any point to us compiling face packs?

How has it been done by the OOTP Baseball community? Are they happy with facegen or do they prefer to have facepacks instead?
It would be worth it to update the photo pac imo. The OOTP Community is mixed, a lot like real photos and a lot like facegen, so it's quite possible FHM will fit the same mold in that regard. The OOTP community has been gr8 at providing both too.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
Mack9179
Bat Boy

Good news for the future update .
I think picture and facegen are better without helmet ( like official picture on the nhl website)
Mack9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
Fyran
Minors (Single A)

Just for me in personal with no knowledge about the facegen:

Does it generate a random face, or out of a given picture of a living player?
Fyran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #25
no way
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Sorry - what I meant is that if the Facegen images are perfectly acceptable, is there any point to us compiling face packs?

How has it been done by the OOTP Baseball community? Are they happy with facegen or do they prefer to have facepacks instead?
I would use face pack (if there would be one) for real players and for the rest facegen is great, because if you sim enough seasons you'll end with only fictional players .
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

How about fixing the drafting? Seems like there are no players to draft after the first draft.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

I've done the hi res MLB facepacks for ootp for the past couple of years. ootp 13 had nearly 1500 downloads so far. Not sure what the previous years dls were. I think it's worth it and I'll do it again this year as well.
Just thought I'd throw this info out and maybe help you decide.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #28
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
I've done the hi res MLB facepacks for ootp for the past couple of years. ootp 13 had nearly 1500 downloads so far. Not sure what the previous years dls were. I think it's worth it and I'll do it again this year as well.
In which case I'll add an NHL facepack to my to-do list!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #29
Fyran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
In which case I'll add an NHL facepack to my to-do list!
Count me in for europe ;-)
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #30
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
As an OOTP FaceGen creator, and someone who just preordered FHM, I would love to know what the official plans are for FaceGen? With OOTP, we have the hat to cover the "SI" watermark that the free version of FaceGen leaves. I was thinking that I would begin slowly working on FaceGen files once I know what to expect in game??
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
But will the face be seen with the helmet? Maybe we could go without helmets too - players are shot like this for teams' webpages etc. I'm all for the jersey and we could try the helmet and see what it looks like.
I'm really interested to see how it works - how much the generated faces are similar to their real world equivalents etc.
The drawbacks to FaceGen are two things...

1) Free version of FaceGen leaves an "SI" watermark on the forehead and there is no hair without the addition of a FaceGen add-on

2) The Full version of FaceGen (No Watermark is $300) and the add-on to include real hair, is another $300.

I was considering dropping the 600 for both titles because I do FaceGens for OOTP and plan to do them for FHM, but I am worried my wife will shoot me dead if I spend $600 on software and basically another $80 on two games lol

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Certain Valor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Facegens, for the most part, look a lot like their real life counterparts, at least in OOTP. I prefer Facegens, but I do think it's nice to have the option of a photopack too. I think especially for those people who like to use historical replays, it's nice to have photopacks.
Certain Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #33
qcbandits
Banned

I'm downloading a jersey set for OOTP that is NHL themed right now and will throw together a quick couple of FaceGen samples for those not familiar with how it works

Edit: For those that are not familiar with OOTP's FaceGen, I give you St. Louis Goaltender, Jake Allen. I am including the picture I used to make the file, plus an OOTP baseball card of Allen
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-06-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
archibalduk
All Star Starter

A user on The Blue Line (Fredlig) recently uploaded a 2012/13 facepack for the NHL, AHL, SEL, SEL-2 and some players from the KHL, FEL, Danish league, Swiss League, OHL and various prospects. I'm going to resize them all and will test them once the next private beta is online (and will then upload them for everyone).
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
This is great to hear, and thanks for the all your time and effort putting this together...the facegens for ootp baseball are fantastic and add so much to the immersion factor for me that words cannot express my true enjoyment from this mod. I think the main reason for me is that you can see the player change thru his career and is nice when he is traded to see it reflected in the unis. Thanks again.

cheers,

dcc
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
The drawbacks to FaceGen are two things...

1) Free version of FaceGen leaves an "SI" watermark on the forehead and there is no hair without the addition of a FaceGen add-on

2) The Full version of FaceGen (No Watermark is $300) and the add-on to include real hair, is another $300.

I was considering dropping the 600 for both titles because I do FaceGens for OOTP and plan to do them for FHM, but I am worried my wife will shoot me dead if I spend $600 on software and basically another $80 on two games lol
Would this work for the whole project/community or just you? If its whole project wouldn't be right. I'll drop ya some $ as well hopefully the community can contribute $5/10 here or there and we can get this really going...
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #37
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
Would this work for the whole project/community or just you? If its whole project wouldn't be right. I'll drop ya some $ as well hopefully the community can contribute $5/10 here or there and we can get this really going...
Yes it would work for the whole project/community.

I'm trying to figure out a way to convince her that the software would have more uses than just games haha. Otherwise, I would have to buy the two titles separately. The problem with that is, I need the customizer add-on for hair. As of now, everyone would be bald. I'm waiting to hear what Sebastian has planned for FaceGen. If the plan is to have everyone in a helmet, or even a baseball cap, I could get by with the freeware version.

Edit, I also need to hook up with a decent graphics person. Right now all I have access to is baseball Jerseys. We're gonna need hockey jerseys to use with FaceGen.

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-06-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #38
hockeyintangibles
Bat Boy

Hope there is a lot crash fixes, I can't get through a single season before my save becomes corrupted and won't stop crashing
hockeyintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #39
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyintangibles View Post
Hope there is a lot crash fixes, I can't get through a single season before my save becomes corrupted and won't stop crashing
I've run though 1 season and about 25% of 3 others with only 1 crash (my fault).

How about you post what you are doing when it crashes in the bug reporting section...after all, it's 3 days into the beta after all...
OpusTheFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #40
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Stability will be a major thing but I have only seen 1 crash other than trying to sim more than a game at a time. What are you doing when this crashes? Is it different things?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote