Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Jamey
Minors (Double A)

Edited Name Files Available

EDIT: My names files were actually included in the 1.0.2 patch, all the changes except for my 100,000+ american last name list..... so if you still want the 100,000+ last names, I'll be updating the file for download in a week or so ( my laptop with the data on it is being fixed ).

Changes Included in patch 1.0.2:
- Added more infrequent amercian first names
- Added more infrequent hispanic last names
- Added accents and ñ's to hispanic last names
- Removed known female japanese first names
- Correctly capitalized the Mc's and Mac's throughout the last name files
- Removed as many mispelled and non-hispanic last names that were in the hispanic last names as I could

Not included in patch:
- 100,000+ amercian last names ( available for download soon )

JAMEY'S NAME FILES FOR OUT OF THE PARK 2006 ( version 3 )

- CONTAINS MODIFIED FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME FILES FOR THE AMERICAN NATIONALITY AND HISPANIC NATIONALITY
- MUCH MORE VARIETY OF FIRST AND LAST NAMES
- ADDED OVER 100,000 LAST NAMES TO THE AMERCIAN NATIONALITY, I ALSO ADJUSTED THE FREQUENCIES OF COMMON LAST NAMES TO FIT US CENSUS INFO
- ADDED SEVERAL COMMON FIRST NAMES PLUS ABOUT 2,000 RARE FIRST NAMES IN THE AMERICAN NATIONALITY, WITH ADJUSTED FREQUENCIES
version 2: eliminated many of the bizzare first names in the first name american section.... most of the asian/middle-eastern/etc names that you never hear along with american surnames.
version 3: did some changes to the hispanic names.
- removed many of the non-hispanic last names from the hispanic nationality ( whoever made the file added tons of italian, french, arab, european names mixed in with hispanic names ) ( took me about 12 hours to remove them)
- removed the last names mispelled(there were many) in the hispanic nationalty ( the original file obviously wasn't looked over, there were TONS of mistakes everywhere in the file )
- increased frequency of more common hispanic last names in hispanic nationality
- added several more names to the first names, including many dominican and cuban names, and tweaked first name frequencies

FILE AVAILABLE HERE: http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums...p?download=154

any comments or suggestions, please PM me and i'll add it to a future version.

edit: accidently deleted my file on theperfectgame, so i had to make a new one

"how true" - JML

Last edited by Jamey; 07-08-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #2
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

100,000 Names?!!! This I gotta check out!
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
Jamey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Latham
100,000 Names?!!! This I gotta check out!

just to forwarn people - it will cause your leagues to take longer to load...about 5-10 seconds.

"how true" - JML

Last edited by Jamey; 06-13-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
Jamey
Minors (Double A)

Version 4

I made some more changes in the name files:

version 4:
- changed all Mc's and Mac's do the correct capitalization in all nationalities.... example: MacDonald instead of Macdonald, McLeod instead of Mcleod
- changed the n's in hispanic last names that are supposed to be ñ's...example: Peña instead of Pena
- tweaked american last names to remove duplicates
- tweaked hispanic first names

available here:
http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums...p?download=154
if you notice any other errors please let me know!

thanks,
jamey

edit: i'm a douchebag

"how true" - JML

Last edited by Jamey; 06-13-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey
just to forwarn people - it will cause your leagues to take longer to load...about 5-10 seconds.
If you add a large number of cities to cities.txt, it also slows things down. This prevented about 14,000 small US towns from making it. I estimate it slows my pc down 10 seconds or so. I don't use my own mod anymore; this allows me to test like a regular non-modded user.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
thbroman
All Star Reserve

Jamey, I have a question about this name file. In your loading instructions, you say that this file won't work with a previously saved league. Does this mean that I can't apply it at all to an already existing league, or simply that it won't do anything for the players already in the universe, but will affect the names of newly generated players? If it's the second, I can live with that. If the first, I'm not sure that I'm ready to start over with another league.

Thanks for your work!
thbroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by thbroman
Jamey, I have a question about this name file. In your loading instructions, you say that this file won't work with a previously saved league. Does this mean that I can't apply it at all to an already existing league, or simply that it won't do anything for the players already in the universe, but will affect the names of newly generated players? If it's the second, I can live with that. If the first, I'm not sure that I'm ready to start over with another league.

Thanks for your work!
It's the second. Once you start a league, names are locked in for the duration....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
Jamey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Thanks for your work!

once you start a league, ootp06 generates a coded name file data document for that league specifically and i don't think its possible to easily edit it once its been generated. One way to possibly bypass this is to generate a new league, then copy the generated name file data document from the new league and paste it in ur old league......... i havn't tried this yet so i don't know if it will work, but its worth a shot, just back up ur original just in case it doesn't.

"how true" - JML

Old 06-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
thbroman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
once you start a league, ootp06 generates a coded name file data document for that league specifically and i don't think its possible to easily edit it once its been generated. One way to possibly bypass this is to generate a new league, then copy the generated name file data document from the new league and paste it in ur old league......... i havn't tried this yet so i don't know if it will work, but its worth a shot, just back up ur original just in case it doesn't.
Good idea. Thanks. I'll let you know if it worked. (Although how would I know? No more misspellings?)
Old 06-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #10
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
That will not work. All your names will be changed....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #11
thbroman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog
That will not work. All your names will be changed....
Is that what happened when you tried it? If so, that's not necessarily so bad, if you're in the first year of a solo league, as I am. I am not so attached to the players' identities yet. and some of the current names are so dopey that I wouldn't mind givng them new ones.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is that what happened when you tried it? If so, that's not necessarily so bad, if you're in the first year of a solo league, as I am. I am not so attached to the players' identities yet. and some of the current names are so dopey that I wouldn't mind givng them new ones.
Yeah, that's what happens. I did this at the beginning of my league....
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #13
Jamey
Minors (Double A)

bump due to edit at top

"how true" - JML

Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #14
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

Names

The link for your names takes me to the website, but no download. There does not seem to be any OOTP information on this particular link any longer.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/Arlie_Latham/
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote