Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:29 AM   #1
mlbman
Minors (Double A)

Lefty/Righty Splits

Hello All,

I currently have OOTP 21 and previous to that I had OOTP 17.
I am currently running a 1975 simulation with historical lineups and transactions. I cannot remember if I selected "generate lefty/righty splits in the game setup screen. How can I check now to see if I did that or not? Would I want to select that?

I remember in OOTP 17 when I did a 1949 simulation the first time I had selected the "generate lefty/righty splits" in game setup and it seemed that the AI manager was pinch hitting way too much because of those splits which did not seem realistic to me. I reset the simulation and the second time I did not select "generate lefty/righty splits and it solved that problem.

Can someone please help me on how OOTP 21 approached the lefty/righty splits and how I can tell whether or not that has been selected?

Would I want to select it or not for my 1975 simulation?

Thanks!
mlbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:31 AM   #2
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow

OOTP18 is the last version I have in which I have a league already setup in it so these instructions will be for that version, not OOTP21.

First load up your 1975 game.

Above the top part of your screen you will see several drop-down menus like "File", "Game", etc.

Next go to Game--Game Settings---AI Settings

At the bottom of everything you see displayed you should see "Other AI Settings" with "Lineup Selection" located below it.

To the right of that you will see either "Traditional" or "Sabermetric (Splits favored).

And that is how you find out if you are using splits or not, in your 1975 game.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
mlbman
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the reply!
I did what you suggested and I am set for Traditional. So exactly what does that setting mean? Does it mean the AI manager will not be pinch hitting as much since sabermetrics are not being used? Would Traditional setting be a more realistic setting if I want the players to perform like they did in 1975?

Thanks again!
mlbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
ALB123
All Star Reserve

mlbman, Don't forget to go to your team's strategy page. There you will find sliders that you can adjust specifically to change how often to use pinch hitters, pinch runners, sac. bunt, steal bases and many other strategic options. Plus! Go to any of your player's individual Strategy pages. You can check "never lift for a pinch hitter" and a bunch of individual player settings. I don't want the AI pinch-hitting Don Mattingly or Andre Dawson, my two best hitters. You can make a certain player more aggressive on the basepaths or try to steal more frequently. Just don't forget to use the drop-down selector to override the Team Strategy traits if you want those personal, individual player strategies.