Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Reed
All Star Starter

Neutralized stats, Ty Cobb showing as infielder???

End of 1904, rookie draft, playing with neutralized stats. Ty Cobb showing up as 1B. Went to his profile, selected real life stats, neutralized fielding and it just shows hom as an infielder. I went to league setting and changed base player roles on AI evaluations to real life stats and he still shows as a 1B. Fast simed 20 years and his entire career is as an infielder.
I havenÂ’t checked other players but is this common for neutralized stats???
I like the concept of neutralized stats but I keep running into glitches so I guess IÂ’ll restart my league with real stats.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

I checked Cobb’s real life neutralized stats in OOTP 16 and there he is showing correctly as an outfielder. Why is his neutralized stats now showing as an infielder in OOTP 18???
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

1B means neutralized fielding did not load properly in your game. 1B is the OOTP default when it cannot find fielding data for a player or he has retired and been unretired. The retired bit is a bug.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
1B means neutralized fielding did not load properly in your game. 1B is the OOTP default when it cannot find fielding data for a player or he has retired and been unretired. The retired bit is a bug.
Neutralized fielding stats cannot load properly because there are no neutralized stats anywhere in the game anymore. This needs to be announced and made clear somewhere so that people stop trying to play a mode that no longer exists.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:58 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Neutralized Fielding is there so don't expect a false announcement announcing something that is false. That would be silly.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:39 AM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Neutralized Fielding is there so don't expect a false announcement announcing something that is false. That would be silly.
Please see other thread. Neutralized Stats are no more. They have passed on. They are pushing up the daisies. They are an ex-mode of play in OOTP Baseball.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:45 AM   #7
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

They have not. I am the person who supplies them and they exist OOTP18. when they cease I may be the second to know.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They have not. I am the person who supplies them and they exist OOTP18. when they cease I may be the second to know.
Please forgive me. You are indeed correct. I was looking at players in a Real Stats game. Apparently you can't see a player's Neutered Stats if you're playing a game with Real Stats. This does not change the fact that there is a problem with OF, such as Mr. Cobb and Mr. Crawford (among others) that needs addressing. Shall I endeavour to track them down and bring them to the "Historical Database Issues" thread?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This is a known bug with an unknown cause at this time. I am pretty sure it has to do with a peculiar user set of actions but so far the developers have not been able to reproduce this bug. I see it from time to time and so do others but the why is as elusive as a fairy in a Chinese dumpling factory. If you can figure out the why it would be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #10
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is a known bug with an unknown cause at this time. I am pretty sure it has to do with a peculiar user set of actions but so far the developers have not been able to reproduce this bug. I see it from time to time and so do others but the why is as elusive as a fairy in a Chinese dumpling factory. If you can figure out the why it would be appreciated.
It's a possibility that this could have something to do with the state of Mr. Cobb's Neutered Fielding Stats as illustrated below:
Attached Images
Old 01-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Here are the Cobb fielding stats in the neutered database. It would appear from this that the FieldingOF2.csv is not being processed by the game correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Cobb.xls (14.5 KB, 206 views)
Old 03-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #12
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In OOTP 18 I noticed that if you look up a players "Real Life Stats" his MLB career stats show up just fine. However, if you then go to the "Neutralized tab (pitching or batting) it shows all zeros.

In your DB neutralized stats show up. Confusing?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
In OOTP 18 I noticed that if you look up a players "Real Life Stats" his MLB career stats show up just fine. However, if you then go to the "Neutralized tab (pitching or batting) it shows all zeros.

In your DB neutralized stats show up. Confusing?
See post #8
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #14
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
See post #8
If the game is changed from Real to Neutralized then I assume the neutralized stats will then show up.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #15
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
If the game is changed from Real to Neutralized then I assume the neutralized stats will then show up.
Yessir