Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
lnpgaceta
Minors (Double A)

Some logo files not uploading

Hi all—

So I went ahead and grabbed the beta for OOTP 21, and imported a league I've had running through 19 and 20. Most of my logos updated fine, but the ones that didn't are proving impossible.

I tried everything—moving them from folder to folder, redoing them, everything I could think of—and then I realized the common link; they're all the logo names that have accents or ñ in the filename. (As you might expect, given I run a Puerto Rican league, there's quite a few of these.) The moment I take the diacritics out, the logo loads no problem.

While I'm fine doing this manually, this wasn't a problem in previous versions of OOTP, so I figured I'd give you a heads-up. Thank you!
lnpgaceta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:27 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The problem is the special characters in the file name. Please try to rename them.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Thank you, we were able to reproduce the problem and will fix it ASAP.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
lnpgaceta
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Excellent, thank you!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
On Mac this has been an issue since forever. No logo will autoload when a team has a special character in its name. No matter how the png/jpg file gets renamed, it will never autoload.

OOTP21 for example:

Florence Y'alls (Frontier League)
Torino 48 B.C. Grizzlies (Italian League)
Paris Université Club (French League)
Sénart Templiers (French League)
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
lnpgaceta
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I don't want to bother y'all over the holidays, but has there been any movement on fixing this?

I ask because, as it turns out, when the almanac is generated, team and league logos don't automatically grab the file I've assigned (without the special characters) and make versions of that: so I've got, for example, six files named "barranquitas_pr￳[]ceres" (pretend those brackets are a small square box) to rename before the almanac looks like it should.

I'm currently setting aside a folder of the renamed logos so that they'll show up correctly for each almanac, but it sure would be nice to not deal with both ends of this particular problem.

Blog: Gaceta de la LNP

Twitch: LNP En Vivo | watch old games
Twitter: @LNPGaceta
Mastodon: @LNPGaceta on allpro.social
Merch: Tiendita de la LNP
Old 12-21-2020, 05:31 AM   #7
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnpgaceta View Post
I don't want to bother y'all over the holidays, but has there been any movement on fixing this?

I ask because, as it turns out, when the almanac is generated, team and league logos don't automatically grab the file I've assigned (without the special characters) and make versions of that: so I've got, for example, six files named "barranquitas_pr￳[]ceres" (pretend those brackets are a small square box) to rename before the almanac looks like it should.

I'm currently setting aside a folder of the renamed logos so that they'll show up correctly for each almanac, but it sure would be nice to not deal with both ends of this particular problem.

Yes, you're right, it has not been fixed yet. Special characters (non-ascii) in file names (and thus in team names) are a problem for OOTP 21. We're working on it and hope to have it fixed soon.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
lnpgaceta
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes, you're right, it has not been fixed yet. Special characters (non-ascii) in file names (and thus in team names) are a problem for OOTP 21. We're working on it and hope to have it fixed soon.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I know it's not a game-breaker, but I appreciate that you're trying to solve it still.

(Also, while I'm at this, another extremely minor problem: I noticed that when I make an almanac including retired players, since they're not currently in a league, trying to go back to the league page gets a 404 error.)

Blog: Gaceta de la LNP

Twitch: LNP En Vivo | watch old games
Twitter: @LNPGaceta
Mastodon: @LNPGaceta on allpro.social
Merch: Tiendita de la LNP