Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:46 AM   #1
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Crash while loading save

I have an issue with a saved game where it no longer loads. During gameplay the game crashed. When I restarted FHM it took an incredibly long time to get to the main startup screen and when it did finally load I could no longer access the saved game. Other saves still load but not the one that I was playing when the game crashed.

I've uploaded the file to the ftp server. It is named Buffalo sabres 2019.

If there's anyway to salvage the save it would be appreciated!

Thanks!
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

First thing to try would be reverting to one of the rolling backup saves - check the rs_one and rs_two folders inside the save folder and copy the contents of the one with the most recent timestamps into the main folder, overwriting the files there. If it doesn't work on the first try, use the other folder.

It's crashing fairly late in the load and I don't see any missing files, so it's likely just one damaged file causing the problem, so the backups should fix it. Let me know if it doesn't, and we can check further to see exactly which one has the problem and if we can fix it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

The rolling save two doesn’t work for whatever reason. Rolling save one does but I’ve lost all my graphics and have gone back to the start of the season. Is there a work around for that?
Old 03-18-2020, 01:15 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, if it's that far back, let me see if there's something we can do to get the end-of-season save working.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:23 AM   #5
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
OK, if it's that far back, let me see if there's something we can do to get the end-of-season save working.
Don't worry if it's a pain to try and get the other save working, I was only two months into the season. If I can get all the team logos etc back in rolling save one that are now missing that's good enough. Is that just a matter of copying the folders from the original save into the new folder? Or will that corrupt the rolling save?
Old 03-18-2020, 01:25 AM   #6
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Actually looking into rolling save one I can't see who is dressed and who is scratched. So there seems to be some sort of issue there also.

edit: I’ve lost the ability to see things like who is dressed/scratched, player abilities/potentials on any kind of roster screen. Something weird is going on with the game for me, unless there’s a basic setting I’ve somehow changed to cause this.

Last edited by #4BobbyOrr; 03-18-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:04 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

To fix the missing icons, from the start screen, go to settings, then switch the skin to the setting you're not using right now, exit, restart, switch it back, then restart again. That should restore everything. If you get the ability/potential stars, etc., but don't have the logos and uniforms, go to the \quickstart_games\Current.quick folder and copy the graphics folder from there into your save, that will restore those.

Unfortunately, though, it looks like there's corruption in the personal.dat file in the original save, so that's not going to be recoverable, so rolling save one will be the only way to get that game working again.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #8
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Awesome will give that a go when I get a chance. Cheers for the help!