Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:49 PM   #1
Romagoth
Major Leagues

European players won't sign with North American Teams

This issue popped up in our online league today. No European players will even talk with any of our North American GM's. This includes prospects we hold the rights to as well as free agents, both young and old. They all say the same thing:

Is this a bug possibly related to the last patch? We would like a fix ASAP if possible. Thanks!
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Screenshot didn't work, but I just tested this in modern, historical, and custom games and it didn't happen, and it isn't like that in any of my pre-release testing saves. Can you upload the league file and we'll have a look at it?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Screenshot didn't work, but I just tested this in modern, historical, and custom games and it didn't happen, and it isn't like that in any of my pre-release testing saves. Can you upload the league file and we'll have a look at it?

I'm not sure why I can't get the screenshot to work, but essentially the players are saying they don't want to play in North America. Is it perhaps an online only issue? I will upload the file. Thanks Jeff!
Old 03-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
I'm not sure why I can't get the screenshot to work, but essentially the players are saying they don't want to play in North America. Is it perhaps an online only issue? I will upload the file. Thanks Jeff!

I have uploaded the file as instructed. It's called PSHLOnlineLeague.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
I have uploaded the file as instructed. It's called PSHLOnlineLeague.
Going to need the commissioner password, too, please PM it to me.

I tested it with an online league setup as well as the others, still worked OK there, but something may be different with your save.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Going to need the commissioner password, too, please PM it to me.

I tested it with an online league setup as well as the others, still worked OK there, but something may be different with your save.

Thanks Jeff. The commish is pm'ing you that password.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks. Something's not right there, I'm doing the math behind that calculation manually and there are players refusing who shouldn't be; it seems to be just the junior-aged players who played in Europe in the past season. I'll have to get the guys to take a closer look to see where exactly things are going wrong.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #8
BAMN!! Baseball
Minors (Single A)

Jeff also seems like some NHL UFA's are acting the same way on July 1 so might not be only a prospect issue.
BAMN!! Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #9
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMN!! Baseball View Post
Jeff also seems like some NHL UFA's are acting the same way on July 1 so might not be only a prospect issue.

A GM mentioned Roman Josi as one of those who won't even talk to him.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, Malte found the problem, the standard value for an average contract in your top league was somehow 0, and that number is one of the two big factors in determining how attractive the league is to foreign players with certain attributes. A little odd, because the value isn't editable and is part of a set of 4 contract standards and the other 3 are at their normal levels, so we'll check into how that could've happened.

But it's easily fixable, Malte reset it to he correct value and things work normally now, I can sign the players who were refusing before (you may find a few who don't, but they're the ones who'd be affected by the normal operation of this system.) I've shared the fixed league file on dropbox to your gmail address, let me know if you need it on a different email.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #11
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
OK, Malte found the problem, the standard value for an average contract in your top league was somehow 0, and that number is one of the two big factors in determining how attractive the league is to foreign players with certain attributes. A little odd, because the value isn't editable and is part of a set of 4 contract standards and the other 3 are at their normal levels, so we'll check into how that could've happened.

But it's easily fixable, Malte reset it to he correct value and things work normally now, I can sign the players who were refusing before (you may find a few who don't, but they're the ones who'd be affected by the normal operation of this system.) I've shared the fixed league file on dropbox to your gmail address, let me know if you need it on a different email.

Really appreciate you getting this done so fast. Not sure how that setting changed if it's not editable. Hopefully it all runs good now. Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #12
BAMN!! Baseball
Minors (Single A)

Thanks TEAM, not sure if you remember Jeff but this is the same database that we had the news feed issue where it was random teams news on the feed, not sure if its related, I started with the standard database that came with the game, but something has got corrupt along the way obviously. Thanks as always for your help! We have a group of GMs that are going to be thrilled!
BAMN!! Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, that might explain it, I'm wondering if we had a bad value in that field at some point and you just happened to start it with the version of the database that was like that.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #14
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Ah, that might explain it, I'm wondering if we had a bad value in that field at some point and you just happened to start it with the version of the database that was like that.

This issue has now arisen in my online league as well. It appears to be a potential issue that occurred from the last update since we have never seen it before.

I uploaded our league file titled (TheFHL_07012023FA). Can you please fix this for us and return ASAP? Also, it appears this may require a game fix/update.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
FHL League Commissioner
Old 03-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

We'll check it. Was this league originally created around the same time as the PSHL, and, if so, do you remember roughly when that was?
Old 03-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #16
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
We'll check it. Was this league originally created around the same time as the PSHL, and, if so, do you remember roughly when that was?

This league was created before the PSHL, 2 or 3 years ago I believe, in 2018 or so. The person who created the league has been gone for a while. We transferred the league from FHM5 to FHM6 if that makes a difference.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

We found the source, it's a logic error that can occur when the cap floor is set to 0 and then the cap is changed. I've shared the fixed file to you on dropbox. We may need to hotfix it, but since it requires some fairly specific circumstances, we're going to give it a while and see if anything else requiring fixing also becomes apparent, and just manually fix the league files for anyone that runs into it in the meantime.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #18
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
We found the source, it's a logic error that can occur when the cap floor is set to 0 and then the cap is changed. I've shared the fixed file to you on dropbox. We may need to hotfix it, but since it requires some fairly specific circumstances, we're going to give it a while and see if anything else requiring fixing also becomes apparent, and just manually fix the league files for anyone that runs into it in the meantime.

Do you know if this will be an issue in single player as well? Both instances so far (at least from us) have been online leagues who either started with or changed the cap floor to zero.

As always, many thanks for the fast turnaround!