Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 07-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
jcato
Minors (Double A)

CatoBase 6.1.3 Update

Download load it here.

A few bug fixes. I think this takes care of everything I know about, bug-wise.

Changes:
  • Fixed error that would crash program if an r###.html is referenced in ltrans.txt instead of p###.html.
  • Added better error handling to the importing of the ltrans.txt file.
  • Fixed the code to not include a pitcher's postseason wins, losses, and saves in his regular season stats. This only occured for pitchers who were involved in a transaction during the season.
  • Fixed error on HOF page that showed batting stats way too high for players with 'pre-sim' history. Also, players will now be listed alphabetically and column headings will repeat every 30 rows if photos are not used or every 7 if they are.
  • Added a check to make sure incoming players do not have duplicate CatoBase PlayerIDs. If duplicates are found, the program will tell you the name of the player and exit. Find one of the players with the given name in OOTP and edit his birthdate so that a different PlayerID will be created. This is a very rare problem.
  • Added an asterik to indicate hit-less at-bats were added to rate stats for players who don't meet the minimum requirement on team batting leaders page.
  • Changed the way CatoBase tries to correct the 255 Bug in OOTP. The old way produced too many false positives, so pitchers would get 256 R, ER, or RBI added when not needed. The new way compares the number of ER with the expected number of ER based on CERA. There will be a large difference if the 255 Bug is involved.
  • Updated Awards charts to show only the stats from the league the player won the award in. Before, it would show the player's total stats and the alphabetically last team he played for, even if that team was in the other league.

Things I still want to do include:
  • If a player played for more than one team, list the teams on the player page in chronological order, instead of alphabetically.
  • Career positional leaderboards
  • Team for HOFer's. I guess if there were multiple teams, it would be the team the player spent most of his career with.
  • Figure out VB.net and restart from scratch.
  • Let me know about anything else you'd like to see.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Cool. Thanks jcato.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Cato

Quote:
Let me know about anything else you'd like to see.
Well since you asked , I know this would be a pain in the ass(and maybe not even feasible) but I think it would be pretty cool if some of the html pages were dynamic to allow for sorting/filtering of stats/colums etc.

Actually in thinking about what this would entail it would probably be more efficient/easier to create a seperate application for viewing all the data
Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Jeff,

One thing I have noticed is if a player is released and you sign him manually to a CPU team...his stats do not split.

Will a work around be if I change the team to human, sign the player then change back to CPU

And after I updated last time, CatoBase crapped out on me...what steps do I need to do in order to update and not get any error messages?

What I would like to see

Career defensive leaderboards
Default awards...World Series MVP and All Star...WS MVP showing the stats from the last postseason game...All Star MVP using the boxscore stats of the game
Old 07-20-2004, 10:40 PM   #5
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Did you get seasonal win share leaderboards. For example, if I wanted to see the offensive/defensive/pitcher or total winshares for one particular season, is there a link somewhere that would allow me to see this?
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
Let me know about anything else you'd like to see.
To work with leagues with dates before 1800.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #7
chrisj
All Star Reserve

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Great job, and thanks as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
[*]Let me know about anything else you'd like to see.[/list]
I'd love to.

Mostly just looking at baseball-reference.com pages that I like that aren't in Cato...

1) Any chance that you can add the ability to create a page that displays active career leaders only?

Being able to see a progressive leader board (such as at http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...progress.shtml) would be neat as well - but I can understand that one might be a bit more difficult to do.

2) I like the team record/attendance/age/park factor page too.
For example: http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...A/attend.shtml

More so just because I like to see how attendance increased/decreased from year to year, as well as a quick view at how my team got older/younger.

3) Listing two (or more) different managers for one year during the season. Great for online leagues so they can list more exact owner records for teams that may go through an owner or two one season.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:27 AM   #8
gordyhulten
All Star Starter

Thanks for this great utility.

How about team records? For example, the 1994 Oklahoma Wranglers scored the most runs in league history, with 1019, followed by the 2002 Alabama Aqua Sox, etc.?
-- Kennel Series Champions: 1951, 1959, 1964, 1965, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983
Dog Days Baseball - "The World's Best Online OOTP League"

Creator
inactive: Republican League - OOTP 2009 Dynasty
inactive: Republican League Dynasty - Version 2.0
inactive: Republican League Dynasty
Old 07-21-2004, 09:49 AM   #9
jcato
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu
I think it would be pretty cool if some of the html pages were dynamic to allow for sorting/filtering of stats/colums etc.
Not really possible with simple HTML pages. I'd have to create each possible sort/filter and that would make the already too long processing time even longer. Besides, BOSI let's you do that, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
One thing I have noticed is if a player is released and you sign him manually to a CPU team...his stats do not split.

Will a work around be if I change the team to human, sign the player then change back to CPU
CatoBase only knows to split a player's stats if there is an entry in the ltrans.txt file. If manually signing him doesn't create an entry, then his stats won't be split. I think you can edit the ltrans.txt file manually during the season to add an entry. Just be sure it is in the same format as other similar entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
And after I updated last time, CatoBase crapped out on me...what steps do I need to do in order to update and not get any error messages?
Not sure what you mean. There shouldn't be any errors, unless I messed something up. I always recommend creating back copies of your database before doing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown
Did you get seasonal win share leaderboards. For example, if I wanted to see the offensive/defensive/pitcher or total winshares for one particular season, is there a link somewhere that would allow me to see this?
No, nothing like that in there, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyhulten
How about team records? For example, the 1994 Oklahoma Wranglers scored the most runs in league history, with 1019, followed by the 2002 Alabama Aqua Sox, etc.?
Isn't this already in there under the Leaderboards section? Here is an example from the JOBL. It shows the best 3 and worst 3 teams for each stat.

For all the other suggestions, I'll take a look and see what it will take to do them.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Do we need to rerun all of our past seasons for these new changes to impact them? My main concern is that I have a couple of HOFers with incorrect stats and since this version fixes that problem do I need to rerun those seasons?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #11
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Jeff,
I figured it out...I think...my last update was from the last 5 version to 6 so I think the exporters weren't edited...anyway I figured how to fix by jimmyrigging it.

What about my requests?
Can they be done?
I know for a fact you keep defensive stats through the years unlike OOTP, so can a seperate defensive leaderboard be done?
So I can see the all time leader in SS assists?
I know its not on Baseball reference...although I have emailed and requested it several times.

How about the default awards being World Series MVP-All Star MVP and Manager of the Year...and having them point to the specific stats? If it can be done for managers?

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Old 07-21-2004, 02:03 PM   #12
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

One thing I noticed last night... I would like to see "World Championships" included in the players Achievements and Awards section(at the top of the player page). I was also thinking about a career leaderboard for "World Championships Won", just something that might be interesting, or maybe not

One other small suggestion, I am really loving the draft history report and I thought it would be nice if the manager's name was included for each draft year.

Thanks again.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:55 PM   #13
jcato
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356
Do we need to rerun all of our past seasons for these new changes to impact them? My main concern is that I have a couple of HOFers with incorrect stats and since this version fixes that problem do I need to rerun those seasons?
Yes and no. For your specific fix (HOF stats), no, you don't need to rerun previous seasons. The HOF page will be correctly created when the player pages are created. The Awards charts will also be done correctly without rerunning previous seasons.

The pitcher W, L, SV fix would need to be reimported because those are done during the import phase. Same for the 255-bug fix.

Carlton,

I think defensive leaderboards can be done. I'll have to look into the WS/All-Star thing, as those stats aren't in the database right now. Manager award is already in there.

Ktulu,

I'll have to look into the "World Championships Won" thing. I'm not sure how easy it would be tell the difference between a player on the 25-man roster for the postseason and player that played for the team earlier in the season.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:52 PM   #14
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Defensive leaderboards would be great!!

No more typing...woohoo!

Although it's not much...I shall donate for your hard work regardless...and implore everyone to do likewise.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #15
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll have to look into the "World Championships Won" thing. I'm not sure how easy it would be tell the difference between a player on the 25-man roster for the postseason and player that played for the team earlier in the season.
Thanks for the consideration. Just curious, where do you get the 'all star' information from? I take it not from player history as that is where you would find "World Championships Won".
Old 07-21-2004, 09:35 PM   #16
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
thanks cato!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 PM   #17
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
hey another thought

any way to add the ability to elect managers to the hall of fame?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:51 PM   #18
chrisj
All Star Reserve

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu
Thanks for the consideration. Just curious, where do you get the 'all star' information from? I take it not from player history as that is where you would find "World Championships Won".
The all star information comes from the lnews.txt file.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #19
Sandstorm3
Minors (Double A)

Cato, one thing I would love to see added if at all posible is:

I have the game generate 10 rounds of players for the ammy draft, and then only select for 8 round. Is it possible for these other 48 players to be addded at the end of the draft history as ND or somthing
Old 07-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
jcato
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm3
Cato, one thing I would love to see added if at all posible is:

I have the game generate 10 rounds of players for the ammy draft, and then only select for 8 round. Is it possible for these other 48 players to be addded at the end of the draft history as ND or somthing
I don't think that info would be in the data. It gets the draft info from the 'Drafted in...' entry in each player's individual history file (p###.txt). There isn't an entry for 'Not Drafted'.