Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Can't solve printing question

First of all...this version, OOTP21, is simply a great reallistic game for me.
This old man loves the audio and the 3D play with the little ball players on the screen : )

You all helped me to get the facegen pics out so I could just have real life pics! I mostly play (replay) World Series or key single team series in the Historical Exhibition.

Here is my main problem now. I know I posted this in a Historical Question thread with 2 or 3 requests but this is now just my main problem I hope can be fixed. In over 50 years playing dice and now for many years PC baseball games I always have liked to keep copies of the key games and series stats etc. Long ago by hand and now of course with the PC printer.

But I have never been able to print out a decent boxscore/game log with OOTP...any version. I have mentioned this before and you guys gave me some keen insight but I just can't get the stuff to work. Maybe it's not possible with the old man. : (

I have gone to the browser place in the top right corner of the boxscore etc. But it prints only in the dark brown with lettering being white. Way too much ink wasted that way. I know you guys have told me I can transfer it and just get the words etc black on the white paper. But I still can't get that to work. I thought I had it a few days ago. The pic on the screen showed white/light gray lettering with the various lines in the boxscore. I thought I had it but it just printed the words in white (so nothing showed) and the grey/brown lines that are on the screen. ????

I tried to get a free PDF file to download but you have to agree to stuff with it even when they say it is free. I mostly use Libre Office because I don't have the Windows version of Word. Cost too much.

It would be so great to printout the boxscores and some stats for a series. Staple them together and add personal notes just like I have for many years. But I just can't get it done.

I know some of you don't have a problem with this at all. Just hoping maybe I could try one more time with some help to figure this matter out.

If you have the time I would appreciate any insight. I have a Windows 10 pc...two years old...8 gib power...good HP printer...everything is supposed to be pretty sharp as of two years ago when I bought the desktop PC.

Thanks...for your time and help...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-31-2020 at 03:03 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm using Windows 10 and an HP printer. First, I open the box score in the browser. Next, I click on the browser options and choose Print. Finally, I make sure to set the color to Black & White. (If you've already followed these instructions, please forgive me. I just want to be sure.)
Attached Images
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
Tribe1450
Minors (Double A)

I am just like you - I have plenty of old binders with a ton of history from my games years ago. Box scores and stats, etc.

My way of printing things may not work for you - I don't know enough of the technical information to understand why some machines do and don't do the same things..... but here is what I do....

get to the page you want to print in OOTP.... then click OPEN IN BROWSER

then when the browser page opens....

RIGHT CLICK your mouse.... and see if that doesn't give you another menu... if it does and you see PRINT PREVIEW click on that

I then reformat the page.... look at the top left of that screen... I have a zoom percentage I can change on mine.... I find that around 70% fits the page onto my screen without cutting off anything.

for stats pages, you can change the orientation of the page from portrait... to LANDSCAPE.... this turns the page on its side and lets you see most of the columns for stats... again change the zoom to get the numbers to fit.

I apologize if you start this process and you don't see what I am seeing - but if our machines are set up differently that could cause some issues.

If you still print out in color be sure to also follow the directions already listed about printing in black and white.

I hope that helps you out - this made me start digging through some of my old binders from back in the 80's!
Tribe1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Wow...thank you Endgame...Pstrickert and Tribe 1450...

I'll be trying these out. Sorry Pstrickert...you have helped me in the past on this but I'm assuming I'm not doing things right because I try to follow the steps and still either get the dark color...or the sheets have no words on them...just a few grey lines.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #5
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Pstrickert...

When I do your steps and have the 'black/white' etc I get a white sheet of paper with a few light grey lines on it. Tried everything I can think of and still can't get black lettering. Plus it doesn't lineup right.

Tribe...

Can't get your steps to show what you say.

Sorry fellas. Can't get it done.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:27 PM   #6
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Which skin are you using, Jack? I don't know if it makes any difference, but I've been using the classic skin.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:33 PM   #7
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Well...for a minute there I thought the skin solved the problem. It made an improvement but still falls short.

Most of the words and numbers show up. I tried the classic and the light and both print out better...but both do not include:

1. The titles across the boxscore AB's...Runs...Hits etc. The numbers per player are there but no title to the columns.

2. Even worse is none of the batters/pitchers names are mentioned. Just blank space and then their position...1B etc only shows.

So no batter/pitcher names and anything in the script that is in light blue is also left blank.

Hmmm...

I wonder if I had a color cartridge in the printer if that would solve this problem. Skin is an improvement for sure...but still leaves too much missing. I may buy a color cartridge tomorrow.

Thanks for the big help. I think it's going to work out...

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-31-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:43 PM   #8
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Here's left field thoughts, skunker. Your game does keep boxscores, so you can always go back and look at them. How to mark just those is the hurdle, but I think it's manageable. What I might suggest is open in browser as you've done, then simply save page as to a folder where those key games are for you. Name the file in any way you'd like, by date or whatever, then just go to your Special Box Score folder, click on thenohitter.html, and voila! It should be there.

Now, make me feel stupid if you tell me the reason you want them printed out. Maybe that doesn't fit the purpose.

Last edited by endgame; 03-31-2020 at 10:45 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:54 PM   #9
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Here's another idea, Jack. Open the box score in your browser. Choose the print option. Then, for your printer choice, choose "Save as PDF" rather than your printer model. Go to your saved PDF and see what happens if you print it.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:39 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, what he ^ said. He's so smart.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:57 PM   #11
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

No, sir. I'm just a blind man throwing darts.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:11 AM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
No, sir. I'm just a blind man throwing darts.
Now that requires social distancing.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #13
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

: ) Don't quite understand what you suggested Endgame.

I'll give your idea a try pstrickert.

Thanks fellas...

Old 04-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #14
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Ok...I guess I'm just ready to drop this.

Endgame suggestion didn't work. pstrickert...sorry but tried and can't get PDF to show up from the browser setting or saving to some other place.

Still no names etc on the printouts. When our tax refund arrives I might try with a color ink cartridge.

Thanks fellas for all your time. I give up. : )

Old 04-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #15
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

You may be right, Jack. Let me post a couple of screenshots, just to be sure you're seeing what I'm seeing.

The first screenshot shows what happens when I click in the upper right corner of my browser (I'm using Brave, but you may be using Chrome or Edge or whatever). This opens a menu which includes the option to Print.

The second screenshot shows what happens when I click Print. A menu opens for the printer settings. For Destination, I can choose my default printer (the HP model) or Save to PDF. Once I save to PDF, I can open the file with Acrobat Reader (my default PDF program). From there, I choose print.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

skunker, it's obvious we won't let you give up unless you block us, right?

In theory, there's no reason I see 'strickert's path should fail you.

I want to add my remark from earlier, but said a different way. If you can get these key games saved to a .pdf or folder than contains them separately, do you really need a paper hard copy?

Now I ask this recognizing the irony, probably unseen to you, of a guy who can't get his head wrapped around working with e-books and the like. I have a large number of 'real' books stacked around me always, so I get it if that's the deal. No worries. Just had to ask. Might be less stress for you.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #17
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
: ) Don't quite understand what you suggested Endgame.
endgame gets that a lot.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:04 PM   #18
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

You guys know how to make an old fuddy duddy smile : ))

I'll give it another shot or two. I haven't seen 'destination' so I'll play with that.

Sorry Endgame...but I like the paper copies! Something that might eventually attract my two grandsons who love baseball...as well of course as the game play. Last year they wanted me to create their High School team and the elite area teams that they have played in. : )

Last edited by skunkle333; 04-01-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #19
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
endgame gets that a lot.
Oh, shoot! Ouch! Watch those darts! What, are ya blind? Oooops....
Old 04-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #20
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

OK...sorry you guys are getting dart...ed... : )

Endgame...no improvement...

Pstrickert...Didn't realize that was where PDF was. Clicked on it but it wants $15 and up for a year. So I'll just let things go.

I used to have PDF and Acrobat (sp?) but had PC problem awhile back and after the geek I hired worked the problem out...haven't seen PDF or Acro.

Have a great day fellas..!!