Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:09 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOrange View Post
perezye01

Only has last name -> Yefri
Should be fixed in the latest patch.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #22
ojoe
Minors (Single A)

Database won't open

The historical database was working fine with the Beta version, but when I installed the new version today, I got an error saying the database couldn't be located.

When I went to setting to try and open the database, the database files appeared to be there, but I couldn't select them. They all appeared to have a .txt extension, and that feels like it shouldn't be. But if that is wrong, I'm not sure how they got that extension because I didn't do anything with the databases. Again, it worked fine on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - but now, the database won't load.

Not sure what to do - I know bug reports say to download league files, but all other league files seem to be working fine. I just can't get the database open.
Attached Images
ojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:24 PM   #23
WindGuardian
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Found a bug involving New Standard Game:

* Many teams playoff appearances are not accurate. Teams that made the playoffs are not correctly marked as them qualifying for the playoffs. This was not in OOTP 20 in a standard game.
WindGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #24
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Players missing their Historical Minors ID in historical leagues:

Ernie Banks: banks-001ern
Buck Ewing: ewing-001buc
Bob Feller: feller001rob
Frankie Frisch: frisch001fra
Catfish Hunter: hunter001jam

Edit: I keep running into these. I'm going to stop editing the post and begin compiling a .txt file for you guys to work off of later (assuming that these are indeed historic database errors).

Last edited by FancySkunk; 03-22-2020 at 06:03 PM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:45 PM   #25
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2019 IL Buffalo name and info wrong

Started a 2019 International league yesterday. I realize that the Buffalo Bisons are listed as 2013 minor Buffalo. It appears at quick glance the players are not correct. Tried several times and this continues to appear.
I enclosed two screen shots.
Thank You Skip Hellmig
Attached Images
Image Image 
RETRO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:03 AM   #26
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Players missing their Historical Minors ID in historical leagues:

Ernie Banks: banks-001ern
Buck Ewing: ewing-001buc
Bob Feller: feller001rob
Frankie Frisch: frisch001fra
Catfish Hunter: hunter001jam

Edit: I keep running into these. I'm going to stop editing the post and begin compiling a .txt file for you guys to work off of later (assuming that these are indeed historic database errors).
if players did not play in the minor leagues they will have no minor league id.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:06 AM   #27
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO66 View Post
Started a 2019 International league yesterday. I realize that the Buffalo Bisons are listed as 2013 minor Buffalo. It appears at quick glance the players are not correct. Tried several times and this continues to appear.
I enclosed two screen shots.
Thank You Skip Hellmig
the buffalo bisons were both a major league and a minor league team at some point during their existance. their team records will be jumbled without such a designation
Old 03-23-2020, 12:12 AM   #28
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
if players did not play in the minor leagues they will have no minor league id.
Alright thanks for the quick answer. It unfortunately means a bit of extra work on my end with the facegen mod, as these players will need to have a file with their lehman id, but at least it's something workable.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-10-2020 at 07:45 PM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #29
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Oscar Taveras

According to his profile on BB-Ref, he didn't play third base, being a left-handed batter and left-handed thrower. The historical database, at least as of 18, if not also 20, has him rated at third base, but it shouldn't show him as having any defensive statistics there, even for the minor leagues, it seems. Just an error that should be corrected for present and future versions of OOTP, I think. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #30
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

New version, new birthdate issue!

Looks like Gonzalo Márquez (marqugo01) is off by six years -- listed as 1946-3-31, should be 1940-3-31 (per SABR bio).

Last edited by dewelar; 03-25-2020 at 01:57 AM.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #31
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Here's one I've been encountering for years, so I figure it's time to report it. It seems like if any player ever pitched at all in his career, even just one game, he gets a fielding Experience rating at pitcher for every season of his career. For instance, I just imported 1993 Mark Whiten (whitema01), and he has a 100 Experience rating at pitcher despite appearing in only one game as a pitcher in 1998 (note: I use the default three-year calculation for fielding ratings). He didn't even field a chance in the one inning he pitched, so I'm not even sure he should get a rating for '98. Is there some reason this is happening (or perhaps was there a reason this was done), or is this just a bug?

Last edited by dewelar; 04-04-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #32
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
Here's one I've been encountering for years, so I figure it's time to report it. It seems like if any player ever pitched at all in his career, even just one game, he gets a fielding Experience rating at pitcher for every season of his career. For instance, I just imported 1993 Mark Whiten (whitema01), and he has a 100 Experience rating at pitcher despite appearing in only one game as a pitcher in 1998 (note: I use the default three-year calculation for fielding ratings). He didn't even field a chance in the one inning he pitched, so I'm not even sure he should get a rating for '98. Is there some reason this is happening (or perhaps was there a reason this was done), or is this just a bug?
are you setting up your came as 1 or 3 or career recalc and is development on or off

in the db whiten has an experience of 1

Last edited by Spritze; 04-05-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #33
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Defensive ratings are three-year base, but I also use entire career for potential ratings on import -- I just realized that this may be the issue, although it doesn't affect any other positional ratings (e.g., early-career Cal Ripken does not have a 3B Experience rating).

Player development is enabled -- I don't think I touched that and may go ahead and disable it since this league is going to run for one season.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:23 PM   #34
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Players ratings changed drastically

My 1871 historical league, now a few years in, just had ALL of my players ratings change pretty drastically. See screenshots from my RF, who suddenly no longer has a rating at RF!!
(Before screenshot from OOTP 20 since my OOTP 21 backup won't restore properly)
Attached Images
Image Image 
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:46 AM   #35
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

answered in the beta forum since you posted there as well
Old 04-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #36
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Player development is enabled -- I don't think I touched that and may go ahead and disable it since this league is going to run for one season.
I ticked the box to disable player development, and just imported 1929 Lew Fonseca, who pitched one inning in 1932. He also imports with an Experience rating of 100 (of 200), so that seems to have had no effect.

Quote:
in the db whiten has an experience of 1
Not sure why he'd have even that in this case.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:57 AM   #37
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

what does imported mean to you. are you importing directly from the database or letting the game import rookies as it normally does.

if you import from the database lots of things are left off or changed in my experience.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:54 AM   #38
WindGuardian
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not sure where this goes, but I found several in OOTP 21 concerning the historical database:

The Buffalo Bisons' name doesn't show up properly in the database for the Toronto Blue Jays. It instead shows up as gibberish, something like 2011/2013 Minor Buffalo instead of the Buffalo Bisons.
Another is that the Houston Astros have two Triple A affiliates and the Washington Nationals have zero. Fresno Grizzlies is supposed to be the Nationals' minor league affiliate.
The Miami Marlins' 2020 affiliate in historical mode is still the New Orleans Baby Cakes instead of the Wichita Wind Surge.

Edit: Hopefully this is the right place and I posted in the right forums.
WindGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindGuardian View Post
I'm not sure where this goes, but I found several in OOTP 21 concerning the historical database:

The Buffalo Bisons' name doesn't show up properly in the database for the Toronto Blue Jays. It instead shows up as gibberish, something like 2011/2013 Minor Buffalo instead of the Buffalo Bisons.
Another is that the Houston Astros have two Triple A affiliates and the Washington Nationals have zero. Fresno Grizzlies is supposed to be the Nationals' minor league affiliate.
The Miami Marlins' 2020 affiliate in historical mode is still the New Orleans Baby Cakes instead of the Wichita Wind Surge.

Edit: Hopefully this is the right place and I posted in the right forums.
Fixed the Grizzlies to be the Nationals affiliate in the historical db.

The Wind Surge are for 2020, which is not a historical db thing since 2020 is not a historical season. This is correctly set as New Orleans being the 2019 affiliate in the historical db. In the current roster set for 2020, Wichita is correctly added.

The Bison's name issue, I'm not sure how to fix atm, but we'll look into it and try to figure out a way to clean it up.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-08-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #40
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
what does imported mean to you. are you importing directly from the database or letting the game import rookies as it normally does.

if you import from the database lots of things are left off or changed in my experience.
I am going to the free agent list and selecting Import Historical Player.