Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

New computer for Xmas, tried moving a saved file over and 3d doesn't work

I got a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows 7 for Christmas. I thought, cool I will put OOTP18 on it. Everything works great.

But I tried to move my 2023 season from my desktop to it and none of the 3d works. I tried re-connecting the stadium files one by one (.pod) but that only gives me black screens or occasionally blurry stadiums with black fields.

Any suggestions other than to start over?

Last edited by RevRedbird23; 12-28-2017 at 12:31 PM.
RevRedbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

What are your 3D settings like? What doesn't work about it? Any error messages?
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Try moving your entire OOTP Baseball 18 folder. That worked for me.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #4
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

No error messages just the game hangs or you get a black screen.

When you say entire folder did you do that before or after installation?
Old 12-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #5
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

I have been playing around with 3d settings. The only one that will even open a 3d stadium is audience vividness off, open gl always use. If I use fast blit I get black spots. I have to turn off shader to get anything to work.

Yet with a fresh game (non-transfered) 3d works.

Last edited by RevRedbird23; 12-28-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

okay, your intial attempts may have caused this, since new games work fine. try transfering teh files from a new game to teh old save (have a backup in a safe place elsewhere, obviously) if you originally moved it before doing anything, move that back to a new .lg directory and see if it's okay with the video settings...

possible fix for vid settings not working:

drivers are actually a reason for this.. i realize most stock answers start here no matter what is the cause... in this case it's likely the cause or your video card is so ancient it doesn't have the capabilities -- very unlikely of the two. ootp doesn't require cutting edge by any means.

make sure you have the correct video card drivers... use Device manager to see or spec sheet if it had one... likely intel graphics for laptops... simply get the model from that list.

go to intel's website (google model number + intel graphics driver download) -- get most recent release and isntall yourself... never use windows update for this stuff - windows only and you update things as needed from the real source.

if specs say it has a 3d vid card from AMD or NVIDIA, then go to those websites. this would be a step up from any intel graphics. it may also need to be setup to be used by certain programs... once installed, load up it's 'control panel' and make sure it's active, or there will also be a section where you can make sure it's always used for various applications, like ootp18.exe or any other 3d app.

laptops often rotate between onboard intel and amd/nvidia cards as needed / power related reasons etc. you may even have to make sure that if on a battery that doesn't cause it to default to a power saving intel graphics etc... you'll have to investigate a bit - typically there will be 2 icons near clock - one for intel, one for the other graphics card, if present and driver package installed. then, any power optoins in windows that may relate

(don't use 3rd party amd/nvidia cards for media players. 2d is probably ~as good or better with intel and defnitely less power drain on battery)

refurb - typically 90day limited warrnaty vs the normal 1year (double-check)... make sure that if anything is not quite as you near ~90days. even if it's make a different sound. (not cooling fan related). i sold pc's in college. refurbs really depend on what was replaced... simple batter problem and it's a great deal... pieced back together from 100's of rma'd merch or worse and it's not so reliable. i bought a refurb when i worked there, so not trying to scare you too much. edit: oops it was an open box, which is a bit scary too, lol.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-29-2017 at 03:05 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:30 AM   #7
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

Just an update...

I put new .lg files in an old .lg shell and it worked.
So then I put my desired old .lg file in the same shell and it works too!

I just have to have OpenGl shading off and vividness to low in order to run 3D with my old .lg.

Thank you for the ideas. I want to see my Portland Mist team continue on to greatness.