Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #161
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbudda View Post
My game keeps crashing when I go to exit and save
+1

Many times.......
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #162
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

For international tournaments, I want to use the nation flag for secondary logo and something else for the main logo. Unfortunately, the option to use nation flag is only available for the primary logo.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #163
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

I'm not seeing college and high school information and competition level on amateurs in the first-year player draft.

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #164
dmightypuck
Bat Boy

Luis Robert Unsignable

The game is starting on March 31st and Luis Robert is listed as a free agent, but there's no way to sign him as he signs on April 1st with a random CPU team regardless of the money you offer him.
dmightypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #165
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Ironically, in 2 seasons I've simmed in my save, the Rangers won 100+ games in both and made it to the World Series in year 1 and lost in 7 in the ALCS in year 2
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #166
AndyHustle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
For international tournaments, I want to use the nation flag for secondary logo and something else for the main logo. Unfortunately, the option to use nation flag is only available for the primary logo.
This! I really hope we can edit the logos
AndyHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #167
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentCol View Post
I don't normally complain and I know making th roster is a long and difficult task. But I have been playing OOTP almost since the start. The Texas Rangers player ratings are always very low. Can't name certain ones because they are all so low. I don't know if the roster makers don't like Texas or what but I wish they coud re-evaluate. This seems to happen every year and they never play up to their real talent level. Sorry to rant and thanks for what you do!
Yeah, this is just not true. We use ZIPS ratings as our basis and will occasionally adjust where needed, but we do our best to avoid any biases against specific teams, and if we did it's certainly not against the Rangers, of all teams. I'm an NY/NE guy, if I'm biased against anyone it's the Red Sox or Phillies and the results from my sims would clearly indicate that's not really the case, at least for the Red Sox!

The other two guys who do most ratings are from Canada (and they work on the minors for the most part). There's no anti-Rangers bias among us to be found.

We're happy to re-evaluate any ratings if you provide some convincing evidence that's needed, but you'll need to provide some actual evidence of that to make us take another look.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-24-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #168
maximus33
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Ironically, in 2 seasons I've simmed in my save, the Rangers won 100+ games in both and made it to the World Series in year 1 and lost in 7 in the ALCS in year 2
Awesome
maximus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #169
maximus33
Minors (Double A)

There has always been a certain bias against the Rangers. I've seen it in all games for years. I don't believe OOTP does this intentionally. It may just be where they get the info.
maximus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #170
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

My game also has been crashing many times when I attempt to close the game. I have not downloaded the version that came out today yet, so I don't know if it's been fixed.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #171
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
My game also has been crashing many times when I attempt to close the game. I have not downloaded the version that came out today yet, so I don't know if it's been fixed.
That would be the first thing to try.

If it doesn't help, open up a support ticket and I'll try to help you out

Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #172
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmightypuck View Post
The game is starting on March 31st and Luis Robert is listed as a free agent, but there's no way to sign him as he signs on April 1st with a random CPU team regardless of the money you offer him.
Does this still happen if you load the international leagues as well or use and get the earlier start date?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #173
zappa1
All Star Starter

Crash with today's release. After a brawl. I posted in the bug forum about it.

I just confirmed this. I deliberately hit the next batter after a homerun to cause a brawl. Again after I replaced my pitcher who was thrown out, it crashed to the desktop.

Thank you.

Last edited by zappa1; 03-24-2017 at 10:57 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #174
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Hey Lukas, Markus - just wanted to say that I'm a relatively new fan as OOTP17 (used to play baseball mogul a lot but it's extremely basic in comparison) was the first year I really dove into the game but have spent countless hours playing it. You guys do an unbelievable job so thank you for the hard work!

I pre-ordered OOTP18 and am loving it thus far. I do have a quick question - can you please highlight the changes made between the pre-order version and the finished product which was released today? I skimmed through a few pages of this thread and it seemed like prospect ratings were going to be revisited but I'm not sure if there was any actual update made or if there were any other updates.

Thanks in advance for your response, I greatly appreciate it!
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #175
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
Hey Lukas, Markus - just wanted to say that I'm a relatively new fan as OOTP17 (used to play baseball mogul a lot but it's extremely basic in comparison) was the first year I really dove into the game but have spent countless hours playing it. You guys do an unbelievable job so thank you for the hard work!

I pre-ordered OOTP18 and am loving it thus far. I do have a quick question - can you please highlight the changes made between the pre-order version and the finished product which was released today? I skimmed through a few pages of this thread and it seemed like prospect ratings were going to be revisited but I'm not sure if there was any actual update made or if there were any other updates.

Thanks in advance for your response, I greatly appreciate it!
Are you particularly concerned about roster changes or other changes? Honestly either way there is too much to mention it all

There were some prospect ratings changes with the rosters for sure. Also both the game itself and the rosters had a lot of bugfixes implemented. That's the major part of the changes in both, fixing bugs. Not so much was added in the way of new features or additional stuff.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #176
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are you particularly concerned about roster changes or other changes? Honestly either way there is too much to mention it all

There were some prospect ratings changes with the rosters for sure. Also both the game itself and the rosters had a lot of bugfixes implemented. That's the major part of the changes in both, fixing bugs. Not so much was added in the way of new features or additional stuff.
I was more interested in roster changes - specifically prospect ratings updates, etc., - than anything else so thanks for confirming. I picked the Yankees as my team in the pre-order version but it seemed there were several prospects who are highly rated in real life but were not rated too well in-game. Looking forward to downloading the final version tonight and checking it out. Thanks again for the great product!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #177
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I was more interested in roster changes - specifically prospect ratings updates, etc., - than anything else so thanks for confirming. I picked the Yankees as my team in the pre-order version but it seemed there were several prospects who are highly rated in real life but were not rated too well in-game. Looking forward to downloading the final version tonight and checking it out. Thanks again for the great product!
Just be aware that you'll need to turn off scouting to see the 'proper' ratings for guys.

Your issue may've been because of scouting being on, and that won't have changed. Anytime you have scouting on, some guys will appear incorrectly over or under rated, it's just how scouting works.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #178
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Just be aware that you'll need to turn off scouting to see the 'proper' ratings for guys.

Your issue may've been because of scouting being on, and that won't have changed. Anytime you have scouting on, some guys will appear incorrectly over or under rated, it's just how scouting works.
Thanks for the heads up. Would disabling scouting cause any unintended consequences such as your Scout no longer "discovering" international prospects? Also, I'm assuming the player Scouting Report page would no longer exist if the feature is disabled? I kind of like the fog of war associated with scouting so I think I may keep it on, but was more concerned about the 'actual' behind the scenes ratings. But like you said, my perceived disparity was probably just due to scouting variability.

EDIT: When checking the Minor League Systems rankings, I'm assuming that's based on actual ratings? Or is it something like a scouting consensus which may not directly reflect actual ratings?

Last edited by x McLovin x; 03-24-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #179
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Would disabling scouting cause any unintended consequences such as your Scout no longer "discovering" international prospects? Also, I'm assuming the player Scouting Report page would no longer exist if the feature is disabled? I kind of like the fog of war associated with scouting so I think I may keep it on, but was more concerned about the 'actual' behind the scenes ratings. But like you said, my perceived disparity was probably just due to scouting variability.

EDIT: When checking the Minor League Systems rankings, I'm assuming that's based on actual ratings? Or is it something like a scouting consensus which may not directly reflect actual ratings?
Turning off scouting just means you see the real ratings. So keep it on by all means, but just be aware that the ratings with it on are not the real, correct ones. You can always just turn it off to see those if you're curious.

The system rankings reflect the scouting consensus in-game which is not based on the real ratings with scouting on!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #180
injury log
Hall Of Famer

I think (though haven't checked in two years, they may have changed how it works) that turning scouting off will mean you no longer 'discover' any international prospects. Instead, you can just change the scouting accuracy setting to '100% accurate'. Either way, you'll see all the true ratings in the game, with no scouting error, but on 100% accurate I can guarantee your scout will still discover international players.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote