Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #481
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Probably missed it, but will there be a way yet for say 2+ people to set-up an on-line game/league using AI to fill out GM/Managers for other teams?
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #482
SupaDupaMonkey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

May end up buying this one

Well, I haven't been keeping up to date with OOTP the past few years. The last one I purchased was OOTP 10 and still play it to this day.

I'm a bit of stickler when it comes to a league I started and wanted to see through for many years. I was gonna stick with my old league and eventually upgrade my game to 11, or just buy version 12. However, I may have reason to buy OOTP 13 and start a brand new game & league, but hopefully this time I may get back on the OOTP train and keeping up-to-date with patches and will be a regular buyer with future versions every year.

Main reason I haven't been doing it before, is because the online functionality. With OOTP10 I could not do what I've wanted to do: Play with my Dad the way we've wanted to...

You see, we discovered this game back when I was still living with him and growing up, we're talking the original OOTP game (very happy to see it's still alive and well since back then). We'd take turns on the PC for our own team control and then come direct play against each other, we'd both camp out at the PC and play the game together.

Well I've grown up and am on my own now and he hasn't played the game since, though he's been keeping tabs on it via the newsletter. Me, I've been playing it on my own over the years. The last one I bought and still play is the aforementioned OOTP10.

So anyway, I was gonna stick with OOTP10 and do the upgrade thing. But with me thinking of buying OOTP13, I may get one for my Pops and see if we can rekindle some memories...

Firstly though, can somebody explain how online functionality works now? I've been away for so long...

Particular questions...

1. I have my own PC, my Pops has his. If I were the Comissioner of the game, is there a simple, single file I can export and e-mail to him or something? You know... something easy for him to just download and import to keep our "online" league of our own up-to-date?

2. My most desired feature from way back when... In an online league, is there a way I can play my Dad head-on in a single game, like "live" in real-time, though we may be in different parts of the States? I hope this feature is available these days. If not, then oh well. -- ** However, if it's not, might I submit this as a suggestion for a future version of the game -- the ability to perhaps have where all members of a online league being able to log into the league (perhaps by way of a server of some type), where we could talk trade (perhaps in an server chat room?), and of course... actually play head-to-head games against each other if our teams were scheduled to play. That might be quite cool, though I could imagine it might be difficult to accomplish, at this time.**

Or really, if anyone has any basic explanation of the online functionality, that would be cool.

Either way, I'm still strongly considering just buying OOTP13 for myself. The features compared to OOTP10 seem like they're worth it.

As for my desires for online play with my Pops (or other friends), I'll still be looking out for a future version that might be workable for what I'd like to accomplish with my dad.
SupaDupaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #483
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

ok here is my two questions regarding League Associations:

1. I assume what expanded playoffs mean is that the winners of each league's playoffs meet in additional association playoff rounds correct?

2. Does RTS simulate a day in all leagues within a association at the same time,or do you control this?
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #484
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
I assume what expanded playoffs mean is that the winners of each league's playoffs meet in additional association playoff rounds correct?
There are now more options to customize the playoffs within a league. And you can have playoffs between the member leagues of an association if you so choose, with the customization you can do pretty much matching what can be done at the individual league level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Does RTS simulate a day in all leagues within a association at the same time,or do you control this?
It simulates the day for that particular baeball universe. So all the leagues in that particular world will have their games simmed, with the order relative to the time zone of the host city and the reference time zone selected by the user.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #485
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Great! I look forward to trying this,right now I'm thinking of doing a fictional baseball Federation of sorts which starts with having 4 leagues and the winners of each League playoffs meet in a National Semifinals of sorts,and play from there. i'm really liking the RTS Feature too,I'm tired of either having to sim games myself or play them myself,with this I can let it run and just watch.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #486
BradC
All Star Starter

Hey Everyone:

I've arrived from the future to let you know that OOTP 15 will introduce 3D stadiums, and OOTP 16 will have an MLB license!

Also, everyone has flying cars!
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #487
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Its your kids! Something has to be done about your kids!
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote