Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
JayJayJames3223
Minors (Single A)

Suppressing a Teams Ability to Compete

Hey guys, I just made a 106 team NCAA league.

I have no financials on, and it's a feeder league for the MLB.

I was wondering if there was any way (without financials) to suppress certain teams from being able to obtain the same amount of good players as other teams.

For example, the Arkansas - Little Rock Trojans will have a hard time competing with teams like South Carolina every year. I'm not sure how I can go about making the big schools better than the small ones.

Last edited by JayJayJames3223; 03-21-2015 at 10:01 PM.
JayJayJames3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
No way to automatically do it.

Manually you can set the draft order and/or force the little schools to trade picks to the big schools.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
Cras
Hall Of Famer

without financials I doubt there is a way. With financials you could always lock a team's budget or whatever it is called in previous versions and that would make them spend less on scoutning, payroll, etc, a pretty darn good way to ensure they stink for a while. Sans financials, you pretty much are out of power here. The game would need a concept like 'reputation' which would affect what caliber of player would want to go to a club, the kind of thing you see in Football manager which makes it almost impossible for a lower league team to sign world class talent, regardless of how much you can pay.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Since we already have League Reputation, a Team Reputation option would be a natural extension of that. I'd love to see it happen.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
jlking
Minors (Single A)

What if you edit their scouts so that they are really really bad and force them into long contracts?
jlking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Team reputations go up and down and you already have the effects of that built into the game.

Besides, in an amateur environment where there are no contracts, it would be useless for the purpose of regulating performance.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
DanKreider
Minors (Double A)

This is just an idea, and may not work well... But you could break down the teams into sub leagues, and have them compete directly with one another. The "premier" schools league could have a much higher 'League Reputation', and the lower level schools could have a lesser reputation. This may influence the better players to the premier school league. Only thing is, I am not sure if you can have the leagues directly compete or not... Just an idea anyhow.
DanKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKreider View Post
This is just an idea, and may not work well... But you could break down the teams into sub leagues, and have them compete directly with one another. The "premier" schools league could have a much higher 'League Reputation', and the lower level schools could have a lesser reputation. This may influence the better players to the premier school league. Only thing is, I am not sure if you can have the leagues directly compete or not... Just an idea anyhow.
See my post right above yours....

Unless you have free agents choosing where to play, the reputations have no meaning.....