Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-30-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Really want to like the game...any help?

Ok, so I just bought FHM 6. I was really excited. I've had OOTP Baseball versions for years....but FHM is just so difficult to use. I'm big into customization. I'm having so much trouble getting jerseys and logos etc. to show up in the game. I have to change the file names? I really really want to like the game. Can someone help me with these things?
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:14 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

If you're looking to Mod, there's lots of things on the Steam workshop and available on our forums below in the FHM Mods section. If you use Steam Workshop, make sure to install after you subscribe them (you need to click the Steamworks button in game and you should see it)

A basic tutorial of how to mod your game can be found in this video I did a few years ago, but the steps are exactly the same.

Further, make sure to check the pinned topics in Mods, such as the "How to" Thread.. This tells you in writing how to do it as well (same steps as the video) and gives the naming conventions if that's what you're looking for.

Keep in mind, these things:

There are currently 2 quickstarts (unless you've made one yourself) that Mods could/should be added to. Opening Day and Current. Make sure they are in both. Second, if you've already started a game, you'll need to add the photos into your save folder as well to see them come up in-game.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Those will help a lot I think, I appreciate it. I knee jerked a bit and emailed wanting a refund. But the more I think about it, the more I want the game to be good...it's just hard to understand at first coming over from OOTP
Old 12-31-2019, 06:18 AM   #4
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Thanks so much for your reply and walking me through those steps. This game is just as much a blast as OOTP and I'm glad you told me how to set everything up
Old 12-31-2019, 09:37 AM   #5
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerhusky1129 View Post
Thanks so much for your reply and walking me through those steps. This game is just as much a blast as OOTP and I'm glad you told me how to set everything up
Good luck! I'm on the opposite journey to you, I'm (very) slowly learning about baseball and have bought OOTP20 - too scared to delve into it still, but just watching lots of tutorials and play throughs.

I would say FHM is way less complex so the learning curve shouldn't be too step. The community is good on here, so you'll get the answers you need if they haven't already been posted previously.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Ask away if u got anymore questions!
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

The big thing with me was getting the logos etc to show up. He explained what I had to do and now I understand way more. I actually think OOTP is way easier to learn. But it's all in what you're used to.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #8
Cork55
All Star Starter

Use this handy dandy tool to make custom jerseys.

http://www.ootputilities.com/sweaterfactory/

For logos, you can create your own or pick one from the huge collection that is in the OOTP mods forum. Once that is done you need only get them named correctly.

jersey_city_nickname.png
jersey_city_nickname_away.png

The jerseys go in the following folder:

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6\saved_games\Expansion.lg\graphics\jersey_pics

Logos need to be 150x150 png files. They are named:

city_nickname.png

These go in the following folder:

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 6\saved_games\Expansion.lg\graphics\logo_teams

Create your custom game first, then save it and go back and overwrite the generic jerseys and logo that the game creates.

Hope this helps.
Cork55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:57 PM   #9
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Yep, I've already done all that and now I'm officially hooked on the game. I had sent a refund request earlier and today they got back to me. Had to tell them "No! No refund!!! Keep your money!!" lol.