Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-05-2020, 03:41 AM   #61
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Hey all, I really needed to take a break from posting in this thread and I think it's done me a lot of good. I was putting too much pressure on myself, I think, wanting to make everything super perfect and come up with a ton of stuff to say about each city. This was always just meant to be a thread where I could volunteer up stuff that I'd already done for myself, and I had made it all more complicated than it needed to be.

This project has actually put my OOTP playing on hold basically since I started posting it here in late August, because I really wanted to have all 30 teams done before I started the 2023 season in my save. Well, in the intervening 5-ish weeks, I have actually finished this project to an extent that I'm happy with (for now)! I can finally start actually playing the game again! (In fact, I'm gonna try out a dynasty thread with this 60-team league.) I've got 10 more teams to show off, and though I won't be doing a huge long spiel for each one, I'll have a little flavor to explain some of my choices. These ten final cities were the ones that gave me the most trouble, and it turns out I just needed to shut myself off for a while and really get going on them. I don't think these ten are necessarily my finest work, but I'm satisfied. I have a ZIP file that contains all 30 teams' worth of logos, caps and uniforms that I'll include in the original post as well.

Google Drive links to the entire set - I think everything has been properly named here, an upside over downloading it via Imgur. You should be able to download these to your own computer, expand the Zip file into the proper place, and have these logos show up easily in-game.
Caps
Jerseys
Logos

Here we go!

JACKSONVILLE ANCHORS
Imgur

Why Anchors? Jacksonville is a naval hub and a pretty major port city, so a lot of ships are dropping anchor in the city. The combination of the anchor shape and a letter J was a key for me that really got my creative juices going.

----------

LOUISVILLE COLTS
Imgur

Why Colts? Well, this one's not exactly a brain-buster. While the horse theme for Louisville might be obvious, the Colts name in particular doesn't seem like overdone territory. This is a pretty simple set overall, but something that I think fits Louisville well.

----------

RENO SILVER SOX
Imgur

Why Silver Sox? Unbeknownst to me, there have been several Reno minor league teams known as the Silver Sox throughout baseball's history - I honestly thought I was being really clever coming up with it! Anyway, the name refers to the historic discovery of silver at the Comstock Lode in 1859 - that area is just southeast of Reno, in what is now northwestern Nevada.

----------

COLUMBUS EXPLORERS
Imgur

Why Explorers? The name works in two ways. I envision this as a team that was originally named for Christopher Columbus, but later had the name repurposed to honor Ohio's history of producing astronauts, most notably John Glenn, who served as a US Senator representing Ohio and is the namesake of Columbus' airport. We're all-in on the space theme because of that. This is probably the weirdest logo of these ten, and I may revisit it at some point, but this is where I am at the moment.

----------

SAN ANTONIO MARSHALS
Imgur

Why Marshals? San Antonio is obviously a huge military town, with the Army and Air Force both having a huge presence there, and so I went for a name that would have significance to both branches. The logo set here is honestly pretty basic, but to be honest I was just thrilled to finally have something that isn't the San Antonio Missions, which I've really grown to dislike as a name. There are definitely some similarities to the Texas Rangers, both in color scheme and in general Texas-hood, but if you make this a National League team as I have, we can skirt right past that.

----------

SALT LAKE BEES
Imgur

Why Bees? This is obviously a name with a lot of history, but to be honest I picked this name for selfish reasons: this is the team that I always play as in MLB expansions (I'm from St. Louis, with no real connections to Utah, but I've just always done it that way), and I really just didn't want to switch away from Bees. As a compromise, I made myself come up with a completely new primary logo from scratch so that I'd actually be offering something new to the people.

----------

NEWARK CHERRIES
Imgur

Why Cherries? Despite their being more associated with Washington DC in the United States, Newark is home to the nation's largest collection of cherry blossom trees. The further association with New Jersey's gambling scene and fruit machines made this feel like a fun, cutesy choice for me.

----------

VANCOUVER CASCADES
Imgur

Why Cascades? This is a tricky one, because I don't know if this name would realistically be chosen. The Cascade Mountains aren't really associated with British Columbia, being much more prominent in Washington and even Oregon. But Vancouver is an important city for the overall region of Cascadia, and I like the sound of Cascades better than the sound of Cascadians. The color combo of green+sky blue is also used for Norfolk in this series but the balance is different and the green is a lot lighter here.

----------

LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS
Imgur

Why Scorpions: I wanted to avoid an explicit gambling theme (like Aces) or an aviation theme (like the Aviators... or Aces), so a desert theme it is! I don't think this infringes too much on the territory of the Tucson Saguaros, although they are in the same division in my game.

----------

MEMPHIS LIONS
Imgur

Why Lions? Here's the last one, the one that I spent a good bit of today working on! I've made this more of an Egyptian connection than anything, with Memphis being really associated with the ancient city of the same name. The ancient Egyptian goddesses Bastet and Sekhmet were each depicted as lions, and I think the name "Memphis Lions" has a nice ring to it. The whole primary logo is dotted with Memphis flair, from the river and pyramids, to musical notes punctuating the letters, to the three-color design from the city's flag in a ring around the outside (representing Memphis' tri-state area of Tennessee to the northeast, Mississippi to the southeast and Arkansas to the west.)

----------

In addition, here's a new set of Portland secondary logos and caps. You might've noticed that the Beavers' P cap logo was nearly identical to the R cap logo I have in the very first post for the Indianapolis Rounders. I don't actually know why that's the case: the Portland P was the same one the real-life Beavers used from 2008-2010, but I made the Indianapolis scripts using a font called Poppins. I don't know if the two are related somehow (they're too close to be a coincidence IMO), but in any case I thought they were a bit too similar and so I decided to change up Portland.

----------

Thanks to everybody who followed along with this series! I'm definitely gonna take a nice break from designing logos/uniforms and just enjoy playing OOTP again, but I may be back with some updates after a while (I know there are teams I wanna redo eventually).
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:20 AM   #62
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Fantastic work. I've kept this thread open as a tab for the past month hoping for some new designs and you've delivered once again.

They're all sharp, I especially like the Vancouver, Jacksonville, Louisville, and Las Vegas sets.

One thing I would like to see added to the Scorpions set - as a Las Vegas native myself - would be the shape of the state of Nevada behind the LV and scorpion where the diamond currently is. I think it would be a nice alternate secondary/third logo.

The only problem I always have with these is that it forces me to consider rebranding and expanding my league...the more options the better of course.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #63
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I really like this last push, good work and thank you for sharing!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #64
teeray01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have really enjoyed your work. Hope to see more from you after your break. Louisville and Memphis are my favorites from the last push. Las Vegas and Jacksonville were pretty good to. Thank you for sharing!
teeray01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #65
coco1997
Bat Boy

I think you've saved some of your very best work for last! My thoughts:

- The Colts are one your most professional looking designs in this series! The logo reminds me of the Twins "TC" and I love the Tuscan style lettering.

- The Silver Sox is a cool sounding name and overall I like the identity, but I'd choose a color other than metallic gold to contrast with silver.

- The Explorers primary logo is too busy, but the cap logo on the other hand is really strong and the colors remind me of the '80s North Stars or SuperSonics

- The Marshals are another strong identity with a great logo. I'd use it on the front of the home jersey in place of the "Marshals" script.

- The Bees are a solid adaptation of a preexisting identity, but the honeycomb "B" is a bit busy-looking.

- Love the color combination used for New Jersey. I wonder how it would look if you added baseball stitches to the cherries.

- The Cascades have a wonderful color combo and wordmarks, but once again the primary logo has just a bit too much going on.

- The Lions have great colors and nice logos, but I feel there's a disconnect between the music notes and lion motif. I would pick one or the other and run with that.

All in all great work! I've really enjoyed following along with this series.
coco1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #66
zdubbya13
Minors (Double A)

I really REALLY like the Salt Lake Bees primary logo, but if I could make one suggestion: instead of the honeycombed "B" just go with the same script you used for the rest of the logo. Perhaps you could use the honeycomb as the background inside the logo instead of the plain black?

It's just a small suggestion, but I want to thank you for the work you're doing. You've come up with some great ideas and you should be really proud of the work you've done.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:36 PM   #67
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Hey all, thanks for the comments and feedback. I'm coming back in, partly to bump this thread & make it so new players of OOTP21 will be able to see , but also to provide some updates!

I'll get to some of your specific suggestions in a bit (I especially want to do more with Columbus & San Antonio) but first I have a New York Burros update. This was my personal least favorite of the 30 because the stacked "NY" symbol didn't really work. I have a brand new logo to replace that, a light gray accent color in a few spots, and little upgrades all around.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #68
teeray01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Updates

- Would love to see updates for Buffalo, Austin and Salt Lake. Maybe
even different names.
- Maybe instead of Syracuse Blizzard. How about the Buffalo Blizzard.
- Replace Syracuse with Orlando?
- I like your work on the Columbus "ce" logo and the "V", mountain logo
for Vancouver. The primary logos could be tuned up and simplified on
these.
- Would love to see a little more for the Oklahoma Oilers. A little plain.
- Louisville is your best concept in my opinion. Don't change a thing.
- Jacksonville, Nashville, Indianapolis, Sacramento, Tucson, New Mexico,
Las Vegas, Portland and San Antonio are all strong concepts.
- Memphis is one of my favorites to. Maybe spell out Memphis Lions on
the primary logo and use the music note on the cap only.
- It would be cool to see home and road scripts illustrated to.
- Columbus, Memphis and Vancouver could be fantastic concepts with
updates similar to your New York update.
- Sorry to hit you with all this at once, just some friendly suggestions.
- Love your work!

Last edited by teeray01; 03-29-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #69
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Got some new stuff for Oklahoma. I guess there were two problems with the original design:

- design was overall just a bit clunky. Primary logo was OK but the gears looked a little off and I couldn't pinpoint why until recently
- not enough color contrast, especially with the bluish-gray and periwinkle colors which were pretty similar

Dunno if I'm 100% satisfied with this new design, but I definitely like it better. The periwinkle is totally gone, leaving navy and gray, and there's more white than was used before. All the gears also now have nine teeth instead of eight, for baseball symbolism reasons

Next update will hopefully be for Sacramento - that one's killing me at the moment.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #70
teeray01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Improved Oklahoma

The Oklahoma update is an improvement. I wonder what it would look like to expand the outside border on add "Oklahoma Oilers" inside the border like you did for New York. Solid primary logo! Maybe in Clarendon TTF? Nice touch with the oil drop.

Last edited by teeray01; 04-12-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:39 AM   #71
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I'm back in here with an update for the Columbus Explorers. The original was probably the most "out-there" of the logos I'd designed, and not just because it's in space. Waaay too much going on there, and a lot of it not very good after revisiting in my opinion. This is a big-time simplification and, I hope, one giant leap forward.

In making changes, I was inspired by NASA insignia, particularly mission patches. I think it's a big upgrade, hopefully y'all do too.

Most of the "scene" of the original is gone, which yeah, there was too much going on there before. 17 stars at the top represent Ohio's status as the 17th state, 9 stars at the bottom for your starting nine, and that totals 26 for your 26-man roster! Check out that synergy!

All the colors have been a little washed out in this update - the green is a little faded from the original very bright color, the yellow has been replaced by a Vegas gold and there's a lot less of it, and even the black is more of a dark gray.

The font of the logo set is actually the same (it's called Mayeka Bold) but everything is now uppercase instead of lowercase.

Some interesting stuff here I hope. I really like the sleeve patch that came out of this - it reuses the starry Ohio from the original logo.

Last edited by Ruwisc; 05-04-2020 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:00 PM   #72
teeray01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Columbus Revision

Updates look great! The one part I loved about the old set was the "ce" logo. I would keep that one and recolor. I'm glad you kept the Ohio outlined in stars. Well done!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:04 AM   #73
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Doesn't feel like two months since I posted my last update, but I guess it has been! I've been hard at work lately, don't you worry - I'm working on an entirely new series which you'll see someday. Today I have an all-new Sacramento Solons, and smaller updates for Salt Lake.

The primary reason I wanted to redo Sacramento was because the original art back on Page 1 was only barely my work! Raysox did all the concept legwork for that team and my main input was changing the color scheme to double-blue and red. In this revision, those red accents are now gold, and there's more going on.

The Solons of the original PCL were named in reference to Sactown being the capital of California; Solon was an Athenian lawmaker who is today regarded as one of the real fathers of democracy, and for whatever reason in the early part of the 20th century, "solons" was a slang term used for congresspeople. (The team could just as easily have been named the Senators, and in fact they were in the 1910s and 20s.) That gives us two things to work with; the California state capitol building, the dome of which is the focus of the crest, and also Greek influences, particularly the owl symbolizing Athena herself.

The S logo is a recreation of the actual cap logo used by the Solons in the olden days, and the Athenian-style shield is an idea that carries over from my first Solons concept.

Nothing too crazy on the jerseys.

Team colors: light blue #93B6E8, dark blue #132261, gold #d29a25

And here's the Bees update. The secondary logos and caps will be the same as they were back in January but the primary logo and jerseys have been changed:

Finally satisfied with this one - those who said I should ditch the B-hive logo in the primary were totally right. The hive pattern has moved to the background where it's more striking. To be honest, the main reason I went for the B-hive in the primary in the first place was because I hated the capital B in the font I was using, so it's as simple as finding a more suitable font.

And on the jerseys, we go for a pseudo-pullover effect, plus a new black alternate.

Team colors: gold #FCB813, black #0D0D0D
Old 07-01-2020, 03:15 AM   #74
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Oh, and here's how the Explorers' CE logo looks in the new color scheme:

Glad to know people liked that logo. It was definitely the best part of that original set!
Old 07-05-2020, 09:51 PM   #75
teeray01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well done on all the updates. Glad to see the updated and recolored Columbus monogram. Great job!
Old 07-07-2020, 10:32 PM   #76
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Hey everybody, I have added zip files for each team to my Google Drive, which can be accessed from the original post on page 1! I'll try to keep those current as I make updates, but let me know if I forget to.

In addition, I have a small update for Montréal:

Download this team on Google Drive

The M logo from the original version of les Monarques was starting to bug me, so I've replaced it with the M from the jersey script. The symbolism is the same - the red of Canada wrapped around the blue of Quebec, for Montréal's unique cultural blend. Everywhere except the shield primary, the M is bicolor. Other logos (like the fleur-de-lis) are unchanged.

The M now works pretty well as a primary cap logo, so four cap options (although the blue ones definitely match the jersey set better).

The home & road jerseys are unchanged, but the two solid-color alts had the M on them so they get an update:

Old 07-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #77
GopherKev
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Love the updated sets! Would you happen to have the new "Solons" as a wordmark?
GopherKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #78
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherKev View Post
Love the updated sets! Would you happen to have the new "Solons" as a wordmark?
Ah shoot, I had meant to add wordmarks to all the downloads but I totally forgot to. That's gonna be a pain... lol. Here is the Solons one:

And without the "drop shadow"

Old 07-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #79
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Just digging into this thread now, amazing work all around. Especially your small/cap/secondary logos, which are truly some of the very best I've ever seen here.

Also, I actually loved the original Explorers set. I think the new primary logo is an upgrade, I agree with the others that the CE logo demanded a return, but I prefer the old colour scheme I think as well. Both are good, just figured I'd chime in as an alternative opinion.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:53 PM   #80
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Unbelievable stuff mate like walking through a baseball-themed art gallery. Definitely going to pinch some of these for that expansion you're helping me with the schedule for. Top notch!
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote