Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

I just had to tell the world

I just finished a 19th century project that took me 4 years. I am an avid 19th century player and went off the deep end as so many OOTP players do. My goal: replicate a players career as exact as possible up until 1892. I started this project with OOTP15 and finished it up with 17. I have since imported to 19, but I stayed with 17 as to not leave anything to chance. Starting in 1871 with the NA, and playing every league season through 1891 I have overseen over 33 seasons of baseball seeing to it that Cap Anson, Cal McVey, Deacon White and all the rest played the same amount of games in OOTP that they did IRL. Some of this was easy - very few utility players, relievers - and some of this was very difficult, or time consuming - just mapping out the 1884 UA Kansas City Cowboys and having it work is a crown jewel of mine. This all included transactions as best they could be done, sometimes a player was released, other times sold, depending on how soon he played with his new team, but very few trades. I only counted a pitchers starting game count, not the times he relieved - that proved way too difficult. But yes, Hoss Radbourn played RF and P on alternate days in 1883, and only went 37-38 in 74 starts in 1884. I suspect most people will see this and go "Ok", but to me this was my baby and no one I know personally will understand, but I know this community will understand. I'll be happy to post some player stats if anyone is interested. Thanks for tipping your cap to me.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
italyprof
All Star Reserve

You sound like Edward Gibbons when he wrote that after he wrote the last line of "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" he wasn't sure what to do anymore. He got up, took a walk in his garden...
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, it was kind of like that.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote