Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
wodi
All Star Reserve

MLB Manager Next Year

According to twitter, next year MLB Manager will be free and have a brand new operating code!

https://twitter.com/ootpbaseball/sta...551438336?s=21
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #2
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)

Today on reddit a new version of the OOTP mobile app was announced called OOTP Go! The way the game will work is you collect baseball cards and then use those cards to create a team of 5 which you use to battle other online players. Pitchers obviously get to use a ranged attack and hitters are melee. The amount of homeruns a player actually hit that season constitutes their strength and how much damage they can do. As you win matches you collect points that you can use to buy new packs of card and hopefully upgrade your team.
pizzaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
Left-handed
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaddict View Post
Today on reddit a new version of the OOTP mobile app was announced called OOTP Go! The way the game will work is you collect baseball cards and then use those cards to create a team of 5 which you use to battle other online players. Pitchers obviously get to use a ranged attack and hitters are melee. The amount of homeruns a player actually hit that season constitutes their strength and how much damage they can do. As you win matches you collect points that you can use to buy new packs of card and hopefully upgrade your team.
This actually sounds awful. Does anybody want this? I was hoping for a more complete game that closely mirrors the full version of OOTP.
Left-handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm completely joking. I thought that would be obvious, but in this day and age of mobile garbage games I guess it's not.

They are redoing the mobile game based on the OOTP 20 code. Perfect team and fiction modes will be free, seasons will cost money. I think he said it would be something like $5 for the 2019 rosters. It sounds like we might be getting a more fleshed out OOTP mobile game then we previously had.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #5
Left-handed
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm completely joking. I thought that would be obvious, but in this day and age of mobile garbage games I guess it's not.

They are redoing the mobile game based on the OOTP 20 code. Perfect team and fiction modes will be free, seasons will cost money. I think he said it would be something like $5 for the 2019 rosters. It sounds like we might be getting a more fleshed out OOTP mobile game then we previously had.
Phew! You got me. This sounds more in line with what Markus was saying on reddit. Did he speak to how comprehensive the mobile game will be, or do you know any other details? Will it be the full game essentially?
Left-handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
pizzaddict
Minors (Double A)

I don't see anymore info beyond that.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
wodi
All Star Reserve

I was under the impression that the mobile (non perfect team) mode would still be available, and improved.

It makes sense now that you are saying they would charge $5.00 for the 2019 roster.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #8
Socali
Minors (Double A)

OOTP Go - Encouraging sign...

I am looking forward to seeing OOTP Go. Ultimately, I'd love to see the mobile version match the PC/MAC. I know for smaller devices that seems improbable, at least visually, but I have the latest iPad Pro and well, I think this one can handle it.

No doubt it probably is not because the mobile devices aren't powerful enough but rather the operating systems are limiting will be the caveat to this happening......yet!

My guess is OOTP Go is more about being able to manage your Perfect Team than anything else.
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #9
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Ootp Go sounds interesting though I hope seasons and team management won’t get left in the dust, with Perfect Season the new focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

Lol how could it get left in the dust more than it currently has over the past 3 years?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #11
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Lol how could it get left in the dust more than it currently has over the past 3 years?

Lol
Touché! Point taken...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
wodi
All Star Reserve

Any more updates?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #13
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

No official updates. One offhand comment that it will not be released at the same time as OOTP20 but "later in the spring". I hope spring doesn't mean August in German.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #14
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
No official updates. One offhand comment that it will not be released at the same time as OOTP20 but "later in the spring". I hope spring doesn't mean August in German.

Jeez, that doesnt sound promising...
Old 02-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #15
murp0560
Minors (Single A)

Single Player Campaign

let’s have a single-player campaign featuring the unique rise and modern Babe Ruth, Willians Astudillo.

Also, i still play more hours of mlb manager than anyone else. 🙋🏻*♂️
murp0560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #16
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Ootp go

Just to clarify, MLB Manager is a thing of the past and has evolved into OOTP GO. Markus updated the progress today in the OOTP 20 PT forum.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299311
Old 02-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #17
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I love Star wars Galaxy of Heroes, i play it daily and have spend over $300 on it in 3 years. i was hoping Perfect team would have been more like SWGOH. If OOTP Go is close to swgoh i would play it. If not i wont bother.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #18
AJP
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Angry This is bad.

Marcus- This is bad. MLB (with a new name) is not coming out opening day! Not until at least, maybe July?
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #19
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP View Post
Marcus- This is bad. MLB (with a new name) is not coming out opening day! Not until at least, maybe July?
Maybe it's not bad. I have played iOOTP then MLB Manager since 2011 or 12. If they are revamping the game and it wont be out until maybe July we could be getting some of the updates we have been asking for, I know time will tell but if they were just going to rebrand it as OOTP GO and make no improvements/changes we would see it by opening day.

Some will see the glass as half full, some as half empty and that's ok.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #20
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Maybe it's not bad. I have played iOOTP then MLB Manager since 2011 or 12. If they are revamping the game and it wont be out until maybe July we could be getting some of the updates we have been asking for, I know time will tell but if they were just going to rebrand it as OOTP GO and make no improvements/changes we would see it by opening day.

Some will see the glass as half full, some as half empty and that's ok.

I agree.

Yes, we’ve been burned before, but I do think there is reason for optimism here.

I am very excited.