Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #161
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Is it possible you started one of those game with the beta? I believe we edited his pitches to make them more accurate during the beta period and it sounds like one reflects the old Paxton and one the new. Which shouldn't be possible unless one of the files was started on an older build.
The regular game with him throwing the Knuckle Curve and what not was started on the previous beta. However I'm also nearly positive he throws a knuckle curve in real life.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #162
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

I am not sure if the velocity shown is part of scouting cloud (it shouldn't be). Anyway the game lists SP Jordan Hicks on the Cardinals as throwing in low 90s, but he is well known for hitting 103.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #163
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
I am not sure if the velocity shown is part of scouting cloud (it shouldn't be). Anyway the game lists SP Jordan Hicks on the Cardinals as throwing in low 90s, but he is well known for hitting 103.
Good catch! Fixed. He now has an upper 90's fb in OOTP (which will mean he might be able to throw over 100 on occasion in-game, especially if used as a reliever).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-22-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #164
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Is it possible you started one of those game with the beta? I believe we edited his pitches to make them more accurate during the beta period and it sounds like one reflects the old Paxton and one the new. Which shouldn't be possible unless one of the files was started on an older build.
You're right. His curve was accidentally reset to a regular curve but it should be a knuckle curve. Fixed now.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #165
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Cardinals 2nd top catcher prospect Andrew Knizer seems to be missing completely?
Old 03-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #166
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Cardinals 2nd top catcher prospect Andrew Knizer seems to be missing completely?
He's there. Even the most obscure DSL guys are there, we didn't miss anyone as well known as him.

Try to search for him if you don't see him immediately.

EDIT: He starts on Springfield but listed at 1B by the ai, even though he has catcher ratings. Looks like he might be a little underrated potential wise though, I'll give him a bit of a boost.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-22-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #167
so49as
Major Leagues

Quote:
I found Knizner as a Firstbaseman in (Springfield?) the minors when I started a game last night.
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #168
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
He's there. Even the most obscure DSL guys are there, we didn't miss anyone as well known as him.

Try to search for him if you don't see him immediately.

EDIT: He starts on Springfield but listed at 1B by the ai, even though he has catcher ratings. Looks like he might be a little underrated potential wise though, I'll give him a bit of a boost.
hmmm well then here is the weird thing. When I type in "knizer" in the search? The game can't find him.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #169
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Another strange one... Memphis Redbirds is running Jake Flaherty out at 1b. For some reason he was given 1b skill and potential hitting.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #170
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Check your spelling it is knizner

Quote:
hmmm well then here is the weird thing. When I type in "knizer" in the search? The game can't find him.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #171
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Another strange one... Memphis Redbirds is running Jake Flaherty out at 1b. For some reason he was given 1b skill and potential hitting.
You mean Jack Flaherty right?

He was a better hitting prospect in HS than pitching prospect at one point. He still has potentials that indicate he has some hitting skill. I decreased them a little to prevent that from happening in the future.

You can untick the box that has the ai use him as a two-way player in the player usage settings.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #172
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

David Garner looks like his current ratings could use a boost. He pitched pretty well at Double-A last year and made it to Triple-A; when I run AI manager he gets sent down to Rookie ball.
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #173
Tdog73
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yes, fixed now as per above.
Was this fixed with the latest release? Or it will be fixed with the NEXT release? Because I just downloaded the latest release and installed it over the beta release, and he still shows DTD on mine.

Thanks
Tdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #174
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog73 View Post
Was this fixed with the latest release? Or it will be fixed with the NEXT release? Because I just downloaded the latest release and installed it over the beta release, and he still shows DTD on mine.

Thanks
Did you start a new game after the patch? Any changes to the Quickstart won't show up unless you start a new game.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #175
Tdog73
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Did you start a new game after the patch? Any changes to the Quickstart won't show up unless you start a new game.
After reinstalling the game, I went into a "saved" season I have been playing the last few days (from the Beta) and nothing was changed. But I just started a NEW game, the changes were there. I guess I assumed incorrectly that the updates would feed over to my "saved" season. I guess I'll just start over - I was only a month in anyway... Bummer...

Thanks for the quick reply, though...
Tdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #176
aks62
Major Leagues

Scouting reports by my scouting director seem to fluctuate well beyond normal from month to month. One month, he'll say a player jumped from 0.5 to 5.0 stars, and the next, he'll go back down to 1.5 (with maybe 2-2.5 POT stars at best). Is this a bug, or is there more scouting volatility than before?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #177
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
Scouting reports by my scouting director seem to fluctuate well beyond normal from month to month. One month, he'll say a player jumped from 0.5 to 5.0 stars, and the next, he'll go back down to 1.5 (with maybe 2-2.5 POT stars at best). Is this a bug, or is there more scouting volatility than before?
Also, are players' star ratings an average of OSA and the scouting director now? As opposed to showing one at a time?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #178
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not intentional, will have to look into that.
I've noticed this as well in a league I started using the quickstart after installing the patch. Its not every player but probably 90% of the ones I checked.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:20 AM   #179
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Shouldn't Nolan Arenado and Charlie Blackmon use neutralized stats in the modifier? It doesn't look like they do.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:29 AM   #180
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

Marco Gonzales re-added his cutter to his arsenal this year. https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/ma...rs/c-267593640