Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #81
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

At some point they will need to start working on the new game.

I don't know how much time is remaining too be devoted to the first game. I would love too see the editors working properly(been waiting for over a year),but that's probably just a dream.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #82
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
Still not working in the DEL2 and in all other non-playable leagues. (except Denmark, as it works).
@Jeffr

If the problem is solved in the next patch?
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #83
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
@Jeffr

If the problem is solved in the next patch?
I'll get Malte to take another look. Not sure what went wrong there, I remember checking a while prior to the release and it seemed to be OK, something may have happened between that build and the final one, though.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #84
Lou Cheech
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
At some point they will need to start working on the new game.

I don't know how much time is remaining too be devoted to the first game. I would love too see the editors working properly(been waiting for over a year),but that's probably just a dream.
This first game is such a disaster ridden with bugs they shouldn't release a new game but keep updating it for free until it's playable
Lou Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #85
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

As long as the editors work,other bugs in the game don't bother me. I'm not going to lose sleep because Dave Schultz's player rating for the 1973-74 season is wrong.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #86
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
As long as the editors work,other bugs in the game don't bother me. I'm not going to lose sleep because Dave Schultz's player rating for the 1973-74 season is wrong.
Haha, I think we all wish that those were the problems that we're all concerned with. That's not a bug, that's just editable data. Bugs are stuff like the infinite sinking finance bug, the inability to sign Russian draft picks, the broken RFA, etc.
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #87
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebmono View Post
Haha, I think we all wish that those were the problems that we're all concerned with. That's not a bug, that's just editable data. Bugs are stuff like the infinite sinking finance bug, the inability to sign Russian draft picks, the broken RFA, etc.
...then you´re the only one unable to sign russki draft picks - works fine for me

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #88
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
...then you´re the only one unable to sign russki draft picks - works fine for me
Really? I've had trouble signing guys like Kuznetsov who are already on contract with the KHL since their is never a time for me to negotiate with them; they always sign KHL extensions before their existing contract is up so I never get the chance to negotiate for signing an NHL contract. Is this just me?
Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #89
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can sign russkies, it's only very hard. You need to wait that they hit the free agency
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #90
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
You can sign russkies, it's only very hard. You need to wait that they hit the free agency
Ok yeah, this is what I'm trying to say, you have to wait until they hit free agency, but if they're good enough then they can keep re-signing with their current team without giving you any chance to step in and sign (since we can't negotiate with a player while they are under their existing contracts). Or if/when they do eventually hit KHL free agency, they aren't really prospects anymore by age 27/28 or whatever it ends up being.

And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware that there is the idea of "maybe he wants to stay in the KHL, that's a risk that you take", but that is not what this situation represents. We should at least be able to have some discussion or interaction with the player in one way or another. If we negotiate and they respond "thanks for the offer but I like it here", then great, but we should at least be given the chance.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #91
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok yeah, this is what I'm trying to say, you have to wait until they hit free agency, but if they're good enough then they can keep re-signing with their current team without giving you any chance to step in and sign (since we can't negotiate with a player while they are under their existing contracts). Or if/when they do eventually hit KHL free agency, they aren't really prospects anymore by age 27/28 or whatever it ends up being.

And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware that there is the idea of "maybe he wants to stay in the KHL, that's a risk that you take", but that is not what this situation represents. We should at least be able to have some discussion or interaction with the player in one way or another. If we negotiate and they respond "thanks for the offer but I like it here", then great, but we should at least be given the chance.
Agreed.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #92
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:

I can think of a way to change that, but it'll need to wait for some other adjustments I want to make to the way player rights are handled in major European leagues, otherwise it'll have a bunch of unintended consequences. So not in any short-term patch, but maybe in the last big one.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #93
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Are there any known workarounds to the "offered contracts" bug where money from the FA budget are taken and put into "offered contracts" where it stays forever. The only thing I can think about right now is to look for a new job, because my player budget gets smaller for each year since this bug keeps happening over and over again.

Right now, 300 000+ of my 2 000 000 budget is in "offered contracts", and I cant reset it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Clarification of what I mean - the offered contracts doesn't actually exist, which means there is no player that can accept or reject the "offer", so the offer stays for all eternity. I haven't been able to figure out when or why it happens though.

Last edited by Ile; 04-29-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #94
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
Are there any known workarounds to the "offered contracts" bug where money from the FA budget are taken and put into "offered contracts" where it stays forever.
In one of the other threads people seemed to have success using a hex editor to edit saved games, so you could look for that, but honestly I'd just wait for a patch to fix it. Doesn't seem to be any other quick fix.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #95
edtheguy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
Are there any known workarounds to the "offered contracts" bug ...
This is exactly the budget issue they mention in the last comment in Sebastians update thread, hopefully the fix comes soon.

Other than modding the game, you can buy yourself some time (at a price) by backloading any extension offers. The $$ held in the offered contracts line is only the first years amount, so if you are offering a 2yr 2.5m contract and offer .5 in yr 1 and 2.0 in yr 2 it only hits your permanent glitch for 500k instead of 1.25m.

Of course, given enough offers, this will still eventually kill you even without the backloaded contracts adding up, but it might keep you alive until the patch.

I'm just throwing it out there, I know it may already be too late for this to work in your game, and remember it might be necessary to start a new game after the patch too...
edtheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #96
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Was this fixed in a previous patch and then came back?
I just went through my posts and I can see I reported this exact bug on the 21st of October (this post), right before I left the game for a while waiting for it to become playable.. I come back half a year later and the exact same problem exists? It's quite disappointing and feels pretty weird to be honest.

It does seem like the bug way to create a minus in the contracts offered that I also reported was fixed though, which is good I guess, but that was my only workaround to get as close to 0 as possible. I basically used one bug to neutralize the other bug. I guess I'll try the hex editor though.

I just want to add that I say this in the most respectful manner possible. I love the game, I love all your games (which is why I feel like I have to know) and I look forward to future FHMs (hopefully with a greatly improved GUI and ability to be able to save player filters ).

I just had to ask, because it looks pretty strange to me personally.

Oh, and thanks for the answers about the workarounds. Maybe I should have been better at searching for it but Ive been gone from the game for 6 months so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited by Ile; 04-29-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #97
Duranium
All Star Starter

just use 'ArtMoney' until the patch comes out, works fine for me

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #98
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Notification of a player signing in a new league?

Just wondering...when a player is signed by a team from a different league there is no notification. He is on the roster one minute and gone the next with no idea where he went. Should we be getting a notice with an opportunity to match the money or at least know he is leaving?
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #99
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Just wondering...when a player is signed by a team from a different league there is no notification. He is on the roster one minute and gone the next with no idea where he went. Should we be getting a notice with an opportunity to match the money or at least know he is leaving?
I agree that would be very helpful
Old 04-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #100
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Sorry! Details are: Blake Gal was playing with the Swiss Nationaliga A Kloten Flyers. He was slotted to be my 2nd Line RW. Simmed one day and he was gone from the team and I searched by Name and found him signed by a North American AHL team. No messages were found or did I not receive Messages from the world as I should have?

Thanks!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote